• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2024 at 1:33 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

After years of selling at Ebay i see a clear pattern : most of problems are from modern book buyers

- They think NM is = 9.8 so even if you clearly describe your book as a 9.4 they will not be happy if they don´t get a 9.8 

- They make impulsive purchases , because some stupid youtuber made a top 10 list, so expect non payments 

- If they purchase from you the flavor of the week lets say for $40 and next week its a $20 or less book , they will be angry at you and make everything to return it

- They are extremly impatient because they want their book to be graded to resell or to be signed in some stupid con but they don´t want to pay the cost for an express shipping service

The less i sell modern books the more happy i am 

I completely agree. I've been on eBay since 2004. The majority of the issues I've had, had been with buyers of Copper age and Modern Age. I only had one issue when it came to selling Golden Age, and it was my fault. There was a missing centerfold. I forgot to count the pages before I listed it on eBay. I promptly refunded the buyer.     

Blocked because he stole my book (modern book of course)

USER sk7444  he is a buyer and a seller 

Lee Martin from Hinckley Leicestershire

Opened a case because he "didn´t received my item" when the item was in customs . I had to refund . The book is now delivered and he didn´t contacted me to let me know the item arrived 

erst-3930

Put an offer in I accepted it and then said he will pass because he found another book he wanted only minutes later.  I have had more problems with buyers these last couple of month then I have had my whole time on ebay.

Edited by cms1

On 2/28/2024 at 1:33 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

After years of selling at Ebay i see a clear pattern : most of problems are from modern book buyers

- They think NM is = 9.8 so even if you clearly describe your book as a 9.4 they will not be happy if they don´t get a 9.8 

- They make impulsive purchases , because some stupid youtuber made a top 10 list, so expect non payments 

- If they purchase from you the flavor of the week lets say for $40 and next week its a $20 or less book , they will be angry at you and make everything to return it

- They are extremly impatient because they want their book to be graded to resell or to be signed in some stupid con but they don´t want to pay the cost for an express shipping service

The less i sell modern books the more happy i am 

This does not match my own experiences. 

I found that the deadbeat buyers were almost always auction winners who put in bids early, won a book, and then forgot about it, or lost interest, or figured they would not win and did not want to go through with it when they did. For that reason I switched to fixed price listings where I allow people to make offers that at least cover the shipping costs. I still get a deadbeat every 40 or 50 sales, but I can live with that. And those deadbeats are equally possible for both older and newer comics. 

The caveat is that I do not sell raws anymore on Ebay at all. I had a bad experience with a buyer who bought a raw FF 67 from me, got the book, and then threatened a return unless I sent him a partial refund. I have another case where I person bought an X-Men 28 from me, left positive feedback, and then put in for a refund two weeks later because he said CGC gave him a green label when he sent it in (I asked for photos and it did not look like the same copy, but I gave him a partial refund anyway before blocking him). Since switching to selling slabs exclusively I no longer have to deal with buyers like this at all. 

Up to you if you want to block this user/seller: comixfanatic

Offered a slab in the marketplace and lowers price a few days later. A forum member claims it at a lower price. The forum member appears to try to reach out after the sale and subsequently finds the slab sold on ebay for the original price on the same day it was claimed here.

Turtlemania Special #1 -1986 Metropolis CGC 4.0 Signed! SILVER EDITION 68/100 | eBay

More deadbeats:

kidney_11

Requested cancelation within minutes of winning, excuse given "found a better price".

Nonpaying, no-contact, deadbeats:

pesaran0

coldaslife90

I posted about this user (Link)(thenewls2004) and their listing of a facsimile Ultimate Fallout #4 (link) posing as a 1st print in another thread a week or so ago, but I wanted to bring it here as well. I reported the listing to eBay and nothing was done. I followed the listing and people were still bidding more than they should for a facsimile, and surprise surprise the seller doesn't accept returns. So, I decided I'd put in a snipe bid, knowing eBay will force a return for an item not as described, but I also wanted to contact the seller afterward to see if it was an honest mistake or not. As you can see below, that wasn't the case, so for your consideration I present thenewls2004 as a candidate for your buyer/seller to avoid list.

Note: None of the questions or answers to questions were included in the sellers listing. They couldn't even be honest about something as easily fact-checkable as that.

Screenshot2024-03-13at5_32_53PM.thumb.jpeg.1163ce7b6f3f84159e280da3be165da1.jpeg

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/13/2024 at 5:42 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

No matter what any seller states in their listings, you can always return an item you weren't happy with for whatever reason.

This is not true.

If a seller's return policy is Returns Not Accepted, you have to request a Return. If you have a legit reason, such as Significantly Not As Described, arrived damaged, arrived with parts missing, wrong item, etc., the seller should accept your request. If he doesn’t, eBay will force the Return.

If you are returning for no legit reason, like Buyer's Remorse, the seller is not obligated to accept the Return. And eBay will side with the Seller.

You may be able to get your credit card company to force the return, which shouldn't happen, but frequently does. Because they can. Right or wrong doesn't matter to them.

On 3/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, Lightning55 said:

This is not true.

If a seller's return policy is Returns Not Accepted, you have to request a Return. If you have a legit reason, such as Significantly Not As Described, arrived damaged, arrived with parts missing, wrong item, etc., the seller should accept your request. If he doesn’t, eBay will force the Return.

If you are returning for no legit reason, like Buyer's Remorse, the seller is not obligated to accept the Return. And eBay will side with the Seller.

It is absolutely true. Yes, the buyers have to request the return...that's what I meant. I didn't mean you just send it back without anyone knowing about it.

You can return it for ANY reason at all once you request the return. Once tracking shows it's been delivered back to the seller they have to refund within a certain number of days or eBay automatically takes it out of your account. Now, if they return it for a reason that's not the seller's fault the seller isn't obligated to refund shipping charges, but they're definitely on the hook for the price of the item.

eBay sides with the buyer 99.99999% of the time if they request a return.

On 3/13/2024 at 6:30 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It is absolutely true. Yes, the buyers have to request the return...that's what I meant. I didn't mean you just send it back without anyone knowing about it.

You can return it for ANY reason at all once you request the return. Once tracking shows it's been delivered back to the seller they have to refund within a certain number of days or eBay automatically takes it out of your account. Now, if they return it for a reason that's not the seller's fault the seller isn't obligated to refund shipping charges, but they're definitely on the hook for the price of the item.

eBay sides with the buyer 99.99999% of the time if they request a return.

On 3/13/2024 at 5:42 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

you can always return an item you weren't happy with for whatever reason.

I'll say it again, it's not true.

I can tell you are not speaking from the experience of an informed seller, because you would not make such an absolute statement. 

Unless the Seller approves the return, there is a good chance there will be no return.  If the seller accepts returns, well, he has no option but to accept the return.

I have had people try to return things that they "changed their mind about", "found it cheaper", etc.  I don't approve those returns.  About a third of the time it is forced by the credit card company, and eBay reimburses the buyer, but they don't take my funds.  The other 2/3 of the time, the purchase stands.

So please don't give people the wrong impression that anything they buy on eBay can be returned.  It's false.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, Lightning55 said:

I'll say it again, it's not true.

I can tell you are not speaking from the experience of an informed seller, because you would not make such an absolute statement. 

Unless the Seller approves the return, there is a good chance there will be no return.  If the seller accepts returns, well, he has no option but to accept the return.

I have had people try to return things that they "changed their mind about", "found it cheaper", etc.  I don't approve those returns.  About a third of the time it is forced by the credit card company, and eBay reimburses the buyer, but they don't take my funds.  The other 2/3 of the time, the purchase stands.

So please don't give people the wrong impression that anything they buy on eBay can be returned.  It's false.

You know what? My bad. I believe I have "returns enabled" on my selling account because it gives me some sort of discount on fees, which is why I said what I said.

Sorry for the adversity. You're correct. :foryou:

On 6/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, manetteska said:

I would be careful with this buyer: chillectables22

I sold a Golden Age book and upon receipt he says the centerfold is detached at the bottom staple which I did not disclose in my listing. He asks for a 23% partial refund to make things right due to this defect (on a VG+ book). Admittedly I am not 100% certain what happened with the book but I believe the amount he is asking for is rather high so I tell him to send the book back for a full refund.

He then calls me deceitful and that I'm up to tricks and he knows when I go to sell the book again I won't disclose the damage and cheat the next buyer. He is also leaving negative feedback stating I will not disclose in the future. All of this b/c I didn't accept his partial refund amount and he has to accept a full refund.

At the end of the day he is out $0 -- including sending the book back.

All GA books to MCS from now on.

I myself have had a run in with chillectables22 myself. He purchased a large run of Fantastic Four books that had some tanning and foxing on the backs of multiple books. I am very thorough with making sure the conditions of the books are put in the description of the listing. When he received the books he immediately wanted a $500 refund because of said foxing and tanning. I had to remind him that in the listing description it states the very detailed issues with the books that unfortunately he failed to read. I refused to give him a $500 refund and he complained to eBay
Chillectables22 also stole 7 Silver Era Captain America books from a colleague when he sent back a run of Captain America books when he claimed he wasn’t satisfied with them. Not only did chillectables complain to eBay, eBay made my colleague refund his money and he got to steal 7 books and not return them. 
Please, whomever reads this and you come across Chillectables22, RUN… Do yourself a favor and protect yourself and your books. 
Julie (Honesty Comics LLC)

Edited by Honesty Comics & Collectibles

Love how we, the sellers, have to wait 4 days for a winner to not pay. So, an item won on Monday night now loses a whole (work) week of visibility from other potential buyers.

Block this (as Newman would say) "useless pustule" below. They made an offer that was accepted and failed to pay in the allotted time frame.

gaaco_8333

Edited by MultiSig Mike