• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

I didn't think it was possible to block on the fly?? 

No - I bid on some of the auctions, then next time I'm blocked.

I got blocked because I asked a question about a book then didn't bid on it.  Seller lost out on many many bids I would have placed on his books over the years.

1 hour ago, kav said:

I got blocked because I asked a question about a book then didn't bid on it.  Seller lost out on many many bids I would have placed on his books over the years.

Was the question somewhere along the lines of, "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Just now, lizards2 said:

Was the question somewhere along the lines of, "When did you stop beating your wife?"

lol i cant remember exactly I may have asked for another pic or something.  

21 minutes ago, kav said:

lol i cant remember exactly I may have asked for another pic or something.  

Of him beating his wife?  I probably would have blocked you as troublemaker too...,

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Of him beating his wife?  I probably would have blocked you as troublemaker too...,

The first pic was blurry I couldnt tell if he was beating her or just motioning to her.

25 minutes ago, kav said:

The first pic was blurry I couldnt tell if he was beating her or just lotioning her.

I like this alternative response from eBay adult listing

Edited by lizards2

2 hours ago, kav said:

Me too, i asked an eBay seller to relist a couple books with a cheaper buy it now listing, he was offended and replied his comics were worth more and blocked me ,

he ended up selling them many weeks later at less then the offer ,

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Me too, i asked an eBay seller to relist a couple books with a cheaper buy it now listing, he was offended and replied his comics were worth more and blocked me ,

he ended up selling them many weeks later at less then the offer ,

To this day the seller who blocked me always has books I'm interested in.  They usually go for less than I would have paid.

44 minutes ago, kav said:

To this day the seller who blocked me always has books I'm interested in.  They usually go for less than I would have paid.

does it block you from sending him another question as well? lol I don't sell at the moment so I'm not too familiar with the process :shy: maybe you could get someone to tell him about you, idk how that'd work out though ;) 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

does it block you from sending him another question as well? lol I don't sell at the moment so I'm not too familiar with the process :shy: maybe you could get someone to tell him about you, idk how that'd work out though ;) 

Unless you change the settings a blocked member cannot message you.  I would need someone else to contact him but my policy is screw 'im.

Edited by kav

rt_comics-n-collectibles

I bought a book off them last week, Edge of Venomverse #2 - and after I hit "commit to buy" I realized I wasn't buying a book but a Digital Code for a book. ll admit I was in the bad here some too, I didn't read the description before committing to buy. They used the Ron Lim Variant image for their posting and my LCS ran out so when I saw the price I jumped on it - should have know it was too good to be true. I asked them to cancel the order within a few seconds. They refused. Got as far as them opening a case against me for not paying. I contacted eBay and they removed the strike. I reported them while I was getting the issue resolved - correct me if I'm wrong but selling digital items is not allowed on eBay right? It was a huge hasstle for nothing. They are still listing codes today so its good to see eBay imposes their own rules :eyeroll:

johnnsanche-42

He made me an offer for one comic on July 7th, asking if he could pay on July 19th.

I said ok and accepted his offer and his condition.

Never heard him back, opened a case, got my fee back and blocked the guy

mikelee2good-2

Won a cheap comic ($6.50). Sent invoice. Nadda. Sent message after several days. He replied saying he hit a bad spell and would pay on the weekend.  Weekend came and went so I opened a case.  Magically he then responds saying he can't afford it and asks to cancel sale. Received fee back and blocked.

dc0019-fmou8fm

Add this guy to your block list.  I received an open case for a Catwoman 47 ($9.95) that the buyer said he didn't receive that was shipped on 7/9 saying "This is more of a head's up but when I checked the tracking it doesn't register on the USPS site" I thought that was odd since I had to mail this book manually cause my laser printer ran out of black ink and was waiting for a new cartridge.  I just entered the tracking number on my phone. After a little digging, I'm glad I kept the post office receipt, I re-entered the tracking number and checked the status "Delivered on 7/13"

"Case has been closed by the buyer"  

I swear anything to try and save $10 by screwing over a seller, not an honest buyer.  

On 7/16/2017 at 2:24 PM, kav said:

Sellers block buyers all the time pre-emptively if they determine through private messages that the buyer could be a problem if they chose to do business with them. If you sell books on eBay you would know how often you get warning signs from other eBay users. Not worth the headache. 

On 7/19/2017 at 8:30 PM, jcmacdonald1985 said:

rt_comics-n-collectibles

I bought a book off them last week, Edge of Venomverse #2 - and after I hit "commit to buy" I realized I wasn't buying a book but a Digital Code for a book. ll admit I was in the bad here some too, I didn't read the description before committing to buy. They used the Ron Lim Variant image for their posting and my LCS ran out so when I saw the price I jumped on it - should have know it was too good to be true. I asked them to cancel the order within a few seconds. They refused. Got as far as them opening a case against me for not paying. I contacted eBay and they removed the strike. I reported them while I was getting the issue resolved - correct me if I'm wrong but selling digital items is not allowed on eBay right? It was a huge hasstle for nothing. They are still listing codes today so its good to see eBay imposes their own rules :eyeroll:

Allegedly you aren't supposed to be allowed to sell digital items on eBay unless you own the product. Comic codes for digital issues are not owned, its a license. However since eBay gets money from the illegal sales they still permit them. 

23 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Sellers block buyers all the time pre-emptively if they determine through private messages that the buyer could be a problem if they chose to do business with them. If you sell books on eBay you would know how often you get warning signs from other eBay users. Not worth the headache. 

This was long before I joined the forums and I have only 100% satisfied buyers and sellers otherwise on ebay.  In this case it wasnt someone giving him a head's up.   I do sell on ebay but have never gotten a 'warning sign' from anyone about anything so no, I don't know that.   I don't even know how that would work since bidders are anonymous and you cant say look at an item someone is selling and say 'hey so and so that is bidding on your item-he's not worth the headache'.

Edited by kav