• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,598 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Nice.  Did you take a look at his main eBay page?  It reads;

"I don't play with no grown kids. If I order something, I waste no time paying for it. In return, I expect what I order. On time and the right item. If I leave negative feedback, it's because you really deserve it. I don't sugarcoat my words."

With 142 bid retractions over 6 months, you know this character is a person of their "word".....

what a dip sheet

On 1/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, Turtle said:

Did the either you or the buyer initiate a claim in the resolution center or did you just take him at his word and refund the money trusting that he'd send the book back?  Are all your communications through eBay's messaging system?

@Turtle the buyer initiated it. buyer said that he would ship the item back. i didnt close anything.  but when the buyer said he would ship it back the case was closed by ebay. i know weird. all communications are through ebays system, as when i try to send him a message though his email, they all bounce back,

ebay user ID: achajan

Wins auction. requests to cancel within 30 seconds.

Sends this message:

"Sorry I requested for a cancellation. I didn't realize the price was getting that high. I am new to eBay bidding and have made a mistake. If there's anyway we can cancel this I'd greatly appreciate it. I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause."

16 minutes ago, gregreece said:

ebay user ID: seakongettir-0

Wins auction. Immediately sends this message:

"I can't buy this"

That's true, because you already bought it.

Doesn't read description. Says "I didn't see there was a tear" - well that was clearly listed in the description. I say "send it back for a full refund". He writes "return to sender" on the OPENED envelope and sends it back. The USPS of course doesn't return it.

He threatens negative feedback. I say "send it back". He keeps it and leaves the bad feedback.

Avoid.

I got bit by coasttocoastcomics recently. Can't believe I didn't search here first.  This guy is a real piece of something...

New Gods #1 - Listed as NM+, was not the book in the picture. Actually it looked to be more in 7-ish range due to all the staining and gunk on the cover. He stated "I accidentally mailed your NM+ to another customer".

New Gods #7 - Hid defects by using backingboard in centerfold causing the tears and chips to be hidden.

11 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Doesn't read description. Says "I didn't see there was a tear" - well that was clearly listed in the description. I say "send it back for a full refund". He writes "return to sender" on the OPENED envelope and sends it back. The USPS of course doesn't return it.

He threatens negative feedback. I say "send it back". He keeps it and leaves the bad feedback.

Avoid.

Nice.  I'm actually puzzled by some of the actions of these people.  They also sell things on eBay....aren't they setting themselves up for likewise behavior?  

eBay user ID: frankiroja_2 (6)

Waited for this buyer to pay me over two weeks.  I had a hard time to understand their language even the buyer didn't respond my few questions for some clarifications.

I sent the request to cancel the transaction.

I think the buyer is only 14 years old and didn't have enough fund to pay this amount (lousy $26 for two books). I was asked to lower the shipping cost too (I declined).  Here is the message:

ew message from: frankiroja_2 (6)

I'd Like to apologize and to cancel my order i wasn't able to make the $32 that I had to make I'm 14 and been looking for this comic for months. I found it and decided to bid on but didn't have a lot at the time. By the end of the week i will only have 26 so just wanted to let you know now then Feb. 1st. Again I'm so sorry for the inconvenience
Edited by JollyComics

As a pretty regular buyer on ebay, I wanted to mention a situation that has put me in a bind more than once, and what the proper etiquette should be. In my paypal preferences, my default payment method is "Pay After Delivery", in which paypal pays the seller but waits 10 days to take the money. But maybe 5% of the time, the option isn't available. The problem is that you don't find out until it's time to pay for your purchase. In my case, I'll normally go ahead and pay the bill and adjust my budget accordingly, but there have been a couple of times I didn't have the money on hand, and had to ask the seller to wait a few days. As I said, there is no way to know ahead of time that this is going to happen. It almost seems at random. I have a 100 rating and want to keep it that way, so would any of you block me if this came up?

9 hours ago, Pat Thomas said:

As a pretty regular buyer on ebay, I wanted to mention a situation that has put me in a bind more than once, and what the proper etiquette should be. In my paypal preferences, my default payment method is "Pay After Delivery", in which paypal pays the seller but waits 10 days to take the money. But maybe 5% of the time, the option isn't available. The problem is that you don't find out until it's time to pay for your purchase. In my case, I'll normally go ahead and pay the bill and adjust my budget accordingly, but there have been a couple of times I didn't have the money on hand, and had to ask the seller to wait a few days. As I said, there is no way to know ahead of time that this is going to happen. It almost seems at random. I have a 100 rating and want to keep it that way, so would any of you block me if this came up?

Considering that you posted a logical, well reasoned explanation, I would very much doubt anyone would block you for a situation like this as long as you kept them apprised of your situation.  Generally speaking, if you read through this thread, some of the common themes you'll see among block recommendations are:

- No contact from bidder (and no payment of course)
- Bidder is full of lame excuses ("My car died and my grandma is in the shop")
- Bidder is a thrill bidder ("Oh bleep, I didn't think I'd actually win!  Cancel cancel cancel!")
- Bidder is just an individual_without_enough_empathy (Such as submitting a cancellation request within 30 seconds of hitting the Buy it Now)
- Bidder is a scam artist (asking for frivolous returns, not actually returning a product, chargebacks, etc.)

I really dont understand the non payment culture. If i hit the trigger at ebay it because i like and i have the money on my account to pay it. If i have a problem with my card (already happened) i send money from my bank. The seller waits max two days

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 2/2/2018 at 7:38 AM, MultiSig Mike said:

Please add this newb to you list. Could not pay, yada yada yada, family emergency, blah blah blah. I was more than patient, now you are blocked imissbaboosh_5

Yep.

He got me too.  doh!

On 2/2/2018 at 4:38 AM, MultiSig Mike said:

Please add this newb to you list. Could not pay, yada yada yada, family emergency, blah blah blah. I was more than patient, now you are blocked imissbaboosh_5

6 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

Yep.

He got me too.  doh!

These are heartless money hungry SOB````````s sellers who are rushing to judge, one day they will be judged by a higher power and their comic books money won`t buy them out of it. My wife's Mom had heart surgery, a triple bypass heart surgery at that and afterward had very bad complications from the surgery and still not looking doing very well and two weeks later still in intensive care. I've communicated and explained this but only care about their money.  Said they understood and acted like the had some compassion and found out they turned around and stabbed me in the back here.  I have noticed that they have done the same thing to other buyers as well who have legitimate reasons for not being able to pay. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen and a lot of time it`s just plain old bad timing when they do but still the same it happens. Who are we to judge. " Let he who be without sin, cast the first stone " 

Edited by Wayne`s Comic`s

1 hour ago, Wayne`s Comic`s said:

These are heartless money hungry SOB````````s sellers who are rushing to judge, one day they will be judged by a higher power and their comic books money won`t buy them out of it. My wife's Mom had heart surgery, a triple bypass heart surgery at that and afterward had very bad complications from the surgery and still not looking doing very well and two weeks later still in intensive care. I've communicated and explained this but only care about their money.  Said they understood and acted like the had some compassion and found out they turned around and stabbed me in the back here.  I have noticed that they have done the same thing to other buyers as well who have legitimate reasons for not being able to pay. Unfortunately, sometimes things happen and a lot of time it`s just plain old bad timing when they do but still the same it happens. Who are we to judge. " Let he who be without sin, cast the first stone " 

Hey Wayne,

I feel for you and I'm sorry to hear that there have been complications, but is it the sellers fault that you didn't look far enough ahead to say "Before I commit to buying something or bidding on it, maybe I can see if I can still afford it".

Also, as horrible as it sounds nobody knows your situation but you don't know the sellers either.

You don't know if they needed that or relied on that purchase to feed their family, pay for their house or already had commitments that they needed to make.

Think ahead.

Bruno

1 hour ago, Wayne`s Comic`s said:

It's not about the money, it's about keeping your word. Saying you pay by February 1, but then February 2 comes and...nothing. No money, no communication.

"First I would like to say Thank You for the awesome patients on these. I`m going to try and start paying them right away but if not I can honestly say that in a few on the 1st I will have all the money 100% for sure, no doubt about it my friend but like I was saying, between now and then I am going to try to have them all paid, but if not, absolutely by the 1st of February for sure."

Edited by MultiSig Mike

2 hours ago, MultiSig Mike said:

It's not about the money, it's about keeping your word. Saying you pay by February 1, but then February 2 comes and...nothing. No money, no communication.

"First I would like to say Thank You for the awesome patients on these. I`m going to try and start paying them right away but if not I can honestly say that in a few on the 1st I will have all the money 100% for sure, no doubt about it my friend but like I was saying, between now and then I am going to try to have them all paid, but if not, absolutely by the 1st of February for sure."

All of this is true.    And not to sound tone deaf, but going out to Derek (Wayne's Comics) imissbaboosh_5 , we tend to  become numb to the stories like yours we get frequently from non-paying bidders.  Especially when the stories come from someone with low feedback.  You're right, things do happen, life gets in the way, and you're not the first person to claim family emergency.   The fact that you have time to come on these message boards to defend yourself, but have no time to respond to the eBay sellers (especially when your own self imposed deadline comes and goes with no communication) says much more.  We're not heartless, we're just really really used to smelling B.S. 

That being said, I hope you mother-in-law okay gets well soon.

Edited by Rich_Henn