• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, comicartfan said:

His eBay is : guerrilla_shopper 

I just got into a nasty email exchange and I am not usually someone who gets into a p**sing contest with people. Honestly, I completely believed him and took the return. It wasn't until I looked at the book and really had a visceral reaction. It's probably because I am really tired of getting ripped off by eBay buyers. I have had my share of losses and this is why I took a long hiatus from selling on there. i usually use My Comic Shop or Comic Link. 

Of course, I got a negative and there isn't anything I can do about it. 

Your word is good enough for me.  I will block him as well. 

I went to one of his listings and cut and pasted his ID and it won't add it to the list.  eBay says, "Invalid ID"

I retyped it letter for letter from his listing and I received the same.  Is there anyone else having trouble?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/guerrilla_shopper

1 minute ago, comicartfan said:

lol

It really is....I didn't insult him, but I told him I believe he dropped it and is passing it off as damage during transit. 

Since he is claiming damage through transit, wouldn't it make sense to file a claim through USPS (or whatever carrier you used) for the full amount of coverage available?  I am assuming you didn't insure it...but if you sent it via Priority, isn't there $100 insurance attached??

6 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Since he is claiming damage through transit, wouldn't it make sense to file a claim through USPS (or whatever carrier you used) for the full amount of coverage available?  I am assuming you didn't insure it...but if you sent it via Priority, isn't there $100 insurance attached??

$50. insurance with Priority 

There's an eBayer name robragu / Robby Ragu who seems to be creating trouble of a lot of buyers and sellers both on eBay and on social media. There's a Facebook discussion about it.

He's backed out of deals and relisted books elsewhere, pressured people into selling books only to back out and is using service in the military as excuses.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/166026564121348/permalink/283490482374955/

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, Buzzetta said:
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, kav said:

You have to accept returns.  You can state you dont, but ebay will make you.  

What Kav is saying is false. In MANY cases you can deny returns.  And if you articulate yourself well then eBay WILL side for you.  

With that said, the last item I have taken back was a book the buyer was displeased at because of Newton Rings.  I shrugged and the buyer paid the shipping to return it and I listed it for 10% higher as the value increased and sold it to someone else who was beyond happy with it.  The book was an X-O Manowar 1 CGC 9.8.

Post Office does cause damage though sometimes.  Buyer sent me pics of a crushed box like it was repeatedly closed in a door or something.  Took the book back and filed the claim with the post office.  The damage looked similar to the damage in the picture but a little worse. 

True you can deny a return and its possible to win I have won in the past. Having said that I can guarantee you it hurts your sales. Don't get me wrong I am right there with you, but in this day and age its just the cost of doing business. There is a much higher return percentage on slabs anyone who tells you differently hasn't sold a lot of comics.

The majority of people are honest. Yes they are a few turds and usually in these cases you can see the issue. Which is why this thread is really helpful.
Sometime honestly its just bad luck. There are nut jobs everywhere. All you can do is be civil all the way up to end. Be nice and civil no matter what
the other party says or does. Remember all this can be re-used at different points when it gets escalated. Going off on a buyer at any point hurts
you as a seller and sometimes hurts you here as well depending how you are choosing your words.

10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

True you can deny a return and its possible to win I have won in the past. Having said that I can guarantee you it hurts your sales. Don't get me wrong I am right there with you, but in this day and age its just the cost of doing business. There is a much higher return percentage on slabs anyone who tells you differently hasn't sold a lot of comics.

The majority of people are honest. Yes they are a few turds and usually in these cases you can see the issue. Which is why this thread is really helpful.
Sometime honestly its just bad luck. There are nut jobs everywhere. All you can do is be civil all the way up to end. Be nice and civil no matter what
the other party says or does. Remember all this can be re-used at different points when it gets escalated. Going off on a buyer at any point hurts
you as a seller and sometimes hurts you here as well depending how you are choosing your words.

Sure once in a while a seller can win.  People also win millions in the lottery.  That does not mean its a done deal by any means.  99.99999999% of the time, the buyer gets his return.

18 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I really don't think it hurts sales at all to tell the truth.  If I get a guy that is being dishonest and it ruins his experience with me that he never wants to shop with me again... then good. I was looking at some examples in the email folder where I file these things.  In those cases, I was more than happy to simply have the customer go away and never want to come back ever again.  

18 minutes ago, kav said:

Sure once in a while a seller can win.  People also win millions in the lottery.  That does not mean its a done deal by any means.  99.99999999% of the time, the buyer gets his return.

Again, not true. But hey, you keep holding on to your self manufactured data that you cannot support. 

Had my first somewhat disappointing auction experience with MCS recently, but it wasn't their fault. Listed an ASM 27vg and it sold for $81. Then, nothing happened for three weeks. This was unusual because they state in their terms for bidding that you have 7 days to pay. Got an email from MCS apologizing that the bidder wouldn't pay and was banned from bidding there. So once again I had the choice of listing it at auction or consignment. Put it back up for auction and hoping it does well this week.

23 minutes ago, evilskip said:

Had my first somewhat disappointing auction experience with MCS recently, but it wasn't their fault. Listed an ASM 27vg and it sold for $81. Then, nothing happened for three weeks. This was unusual because they state in their terms for bidding that you have 7 days to pay. Got an email from MCS apologizing that the bidder wouldn't pay and was banned from bidding there. So once again I had the choice of listing it at auction or consignment. Put it back up for auction and hoping it does well this week.

:wishluck: