• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

This guy: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=spudn87

So first this person bought something from me (Southern Nightgown by JP Roth), I shipped it, it arrived in perfect condition, everything was great. Then, he made an offer on a connecting cover (GFT Diamond connecting covers) which had 4/4 total, but I already sold one (I was selling them seperately), so I told him he can have the remaining ones for $180. I didn't realize I could adjust the invoice so I did a cancellation request. He said in PM that he would accept the cancellation and make an offer on the comics for $60 each. Later that day I figured out I could send an adjusted invoice, so I did. He never responded again. I tried to be courteous and polite, but it's been more than a week. I had pulled all the listings for him, but I had to contact eBay to close the case and get my FVF credit...

If you look through his feedback you'll see the oldest one says: "Never Paid"

and then on the first page there's this: "Buyer won my auction on 8/18 I sent 7 messages but the buyer Never paid. 👎👎👎"

The offender's name: spudn87

I had good communication with him up until this point, and I really don't know why he would behave this way, but I'm sure he has a good reason. Maybe someday we'll find out, but until then, AVOID!

-Tim.

Edited by obmit

Add another non-paying bidder to your list.

This one surprises me thought.  Won a book for $24 over two weeks ago.  No attempt to communicate, respond to attempts for payment, had to file non-paying bidder report.

332 positive feedback, is it worth it to skip out on a $24 item just to be blocked from all future listings and have your name on a list?  Weird.

topshelfdealz86

Here's a seller that appears to be playing the eBay shill game.  

First listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-GIRL-27-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Warren-Louw-Last-Issue-Low-Print-Run-DC-Comics-Super-/193359027007?nma=true&si=dfR21lxKaDTxTB8mVOk9aBw1tzI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

…..apparently, that wasn't a high enough number on the auction....  soooooo…..

Second listing---listed 1 hour after the end of the last auction.  The book has the same verification numbers. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-GIRL-27-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Warren-Louw-Last-Issue-Low-Print-Run-DC-Comics-Super/193365355995

9 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Here's a seller that appears to be playing the eBay shill game.  

First listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-GIRL-27-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Warren-Louw-Last-Issue-Low-Print-Run-DC-Comics-Super-/193359027007?nma=true&si=dfR21lxKaDTxTB8mVOk9aBw1tzI%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

…..apparently, that wasn't a high enough number on the auction....  soooooo…..

Second listing---listed 1 hour after the end of the last auction.  The book has the same verification numbers. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-GIRL-27-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Warren-Louw-Last-Issue-Low-Print-Run-DC-Comics-Super/193365355995

They could have multiple copies and are to lazy to update the listing. That could explain the second listing. 

How do you determine shill bidding anyway? I mean is it just taking the time to look though their sold items? What patterns would indicate potential shill bidding? 

13 hours ago, Corona smith said:

They could have multiple copies and are to lazy to update the listing. That could explain the second listing. 

How do you determine shill bidding anyway? I mean is it just taking the time to look though their sold items? What patterns would indicate potential shill bidding? 

Same CGC label number and too lazy to update a picture or serial number is no excuse for starters. Do you do this? God i hope not

9 hours ago, KryptoSpidey said:

Same CGC label number and too lazy to update a picture or serial number is no excuse for starters. Do you do this? God i hope not

I was offering a possible explanation & no I don’t do that. I barely sell anything and mostly buy. When I do sell it’s actual pictures of what’s available. I guess the best explanation would come directly from the seller. However this persons not here to defend themselves or explain. Hell the person who brought it up didn’t say if the first auction was paid for or it was just ran up and relisted. As well I think a vast majority of shill bidding is found out with second chance offers that are given right after the auction closes. 

41 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

@MR SigS @50 Fiddy

I believe you wanted to know the buyer of that Rai 0 from the thread that was deleted.

Toymachine78

Oooooohhhh what happened there?  I was thinking of listing one of my copies. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Oooooohhhh what happened there?  I was thinking of listing one of my copies. 

buyer forced a return of a graded book because of the dullness/scuffing on the slab - also questioned the seller if the item was authentic. as a result the seller was forced to pay for return shipping and lost money on the transaction. The book and grade were correct, the dullness/marks on the slab were visible in the auction listing. If the buyer had a concern he should have realized what he was buying and if he had an issue with the product (CGC case) he should have contacted CGC not forced the return on the seller