• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

I see now that this guy is already on the 'avoid sellers' list. You can add him to the blocked buyer list also.

cmacd85

I shipped him the book (a campbell variant of extraordinary x-men). He receives it in 2 days. He neutrals me for overcharging him on shipping. He paid $5 US for shipping. I paid $2.95 CDN + tax to ship it. Plus the cost of the bubble mailer. Plus the cost of the other packing supplies. Plus ebay's fees. I perhaps 'overcharged' him by 80 cents.

I responded to his neutral to argue my case and learned he is also the lovely kind of troll who then felt the need to respond again.

For the cherry on top I notice now he has this listed for sale:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221932189226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's a neutral feedback that jackwagon received as a seller himself last year:

Product came great but severely overcharged shipping & didn't respond to emails.

Reply by cmacd85 (21-Nov-14 03:15):

Was charged $10.95 and shipping cost $10.20. How was this "severely overcharged"

Follow-up by d***a (21-Nov-14 10:58):

Shipping was 2.95, want me to post a screen shot of the shipping sticker?

I see he's selling Marvel digital codes to e books-maybe contact Marvel?

Is that not allowed? Tons of people are doing that.

Either way, the guy on the phone from eBay was actually pretty helpful. He says it's obvious Chris MacDonald is circumventing eBay policy. I just have to wait and see what their "appropriate reaction" is. I was told to call back in 72 hours if I'm not happy with the result.

I see now that this guy is already on the 'avoid sellers' list. You can add him to the blocked buyer list also.

cmacd85

I shipped him the book (a campbell variant of extraordinary x-men). He receives it in 2 days. He neutrals me for overcharging him on shipping. He paid $5 US for shipping. I paid $2.95 CDN + tax to ship it. Plus the cost of the bubble mailer. Plus the cost of the other packing supplies. Plus ebay's fees. I perhaps 'overcharged' him by 80 cents.

I responded to his neutral to argue my case and learned he is also the lovely kind of troll who then felt the need to respond again.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221932189226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's a neutral feedback that jackwagon received as a seller himself last year:

Product came great but severely overcharged shipping & didn't respond to emails.

Was charged $10.95 and shipping cost $10.20. How was this "severely overcharged"

I saw that too. He's left a fair amount of bad feedback for other sellers also about being overcharged. There's even one other case of him leaving a negative for an order that was cancelled twice by the seller. He's a real piece of work!

Marvel lets people sell things they have copyright over and are selling themselves?

How's the copyright issue any different than with the comic itself? Honestly I don't know whether this is kosher or not so I googled to see what's what and found this:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/20/ebay-bans-digital-comic-code-selling-unless-you-are-careful/

If it really does contravene ebay policy then I'm all for having one more thing to throw at this guy.

I'm pretty sure digital information (which is what I would consider the codes) are against eBay policy in general. So regardless of if Marvel cares whether someone sells their free digital code, eBay has a rule against it.

Once Marvel sells a comic it's yours-they are not selling the printing rights to the book-as is similar with selling digital codes.

cmacd85

That 10.95 feedback was me. He charged me freakin' 11.00 for something that cost him 2.95. Guy is a total scammer. He also uses other accounts to up the bids on his items.

the feedback i gave was in reference to a Spider-man variant he started the bidding at .99. I put my max bid at 10.00 and a 0 feedback seller bid up and over my max bid, then retracted the last bid so I was winning. I wanted it and it was a 1:25 variant so I'm not bothered by the cost as much as the shady manipulation.

I checked a bunch of his other auctions and low and behold, all of the ended ones were in similar manner.

I direct msg'd him about the shipping cost, got no answer so neutral him and was severely taken back that he actually argued it to save face knowing full well he overcharged for shipping.

well I just got a comic from an somewhat established seller (wild_rhino_comics) and it came with zero cardboard. Just a bag, board and floating around in a bubble mailer. Didn't even put "please do not bend" or anything on it. Somehow it got to me without damage. It was one of those guys who uses "free shipping" in auctions.

time to give them some feedback. Think I will just say "thanks" and move along.

At least you got it undamaged.

I bought from seller grous.v4tcof a CGC graded book that he shipped to me in a regular manila envelope without any protection. Received damaged and seller claims that he has never had a book damaged in the mail before.

I paid $18.70 for shipping and he shipped it first class 8oz for $3.56.

Edit:

I did get a refund, but what a disappointment.

Edited by Catwomancomics

well I just got a comic from an somewhat established seller (wild_rhino_comics) and it came with zero cardboard. Just a bag, board and floating around in a bubble mailer. Didn't even put "please do not bend" or anything on it. Somehow it got to me without damage. It was one of those guys who uses "free shipping" in auctions.

I bought from seller grous.v4tcof a CGC graded book that he shipped to me in a regular manila envelope without any protection. Received damaged and seller claims that he has never had a book damaged in the mail before.

Edit:

I would let eBay know about the high shipping fees. They frown on this sort of practice.

Edit:

I would let eBay know about the high shipping fees. They frown on this sort of practice.

I sent the book back for a full refund.

When a seller charges $18.70 to ship from East coast to West coast I thought that it would have been shipped priority mail in a box with some sort of bubble wrap etc. Auction claimed expedited shipping. I didn't realize 1st class was expedited. Seller clearly was trying to pocket an extra $15.00 off of the shipping on a Buy It Now item.

pardon my ignorance, but where would someone find a most recent eBay User Blocked List?

Is there an updated list/thread like with PL or HOS?

IMHO, master lists like this can be a bad idea. I had a thread like this before but had the mods remove it because the "master list" included people that were put there just because a user disliked the person. I know this because I made my own "list" due to someone (Cal) adding my eBay name , even though I never once dealt with him in any way. I am sure I am still on some peoples' personal list because of this.

Again IMHO, it's better to peruse the list and add who you like for reasons that ring true with you.

:foryou:

-slym

I agree that the best course of action is to read the whole thread and make your own determinations on who deserves to be avoided. Kind of a time waster but at least you know why you are thwarting someone that way.

another option would be to ask someone whose judgement you trust to PM you their list. I agree that we shouldn't just share block lists publicly though if you go back something like 10 pages or so-- you might find some doing that.

I agree that the best course of action is to read the whole thread and make your own determinations on who deserves to be avoided. Kind of a time waster but at least you know why you are thwarting someone that way.

another option would be to ask someone whose judgement you trust to PM you their list. I agree that we shouldn't just share block lists publicly though if you go back something like 10 pages or so-- you might find some doing that.

(thumbs u

-slym

(thumbs u

-slym

will do - thanks

pardon my ignorance, but where would someone find a most recent eBay User Blocked List?

Is there an updated list/thread like with PL or HOS?

IMHO, master lists like this can be a bad idea. I had a thread like this before but had the mods remove it because the "master list" included people that were put there just because a user disliked the person. I know this because I made my own "list" due to someone (Cal) adding my eBay name , even though I never once dealt with him in any way. I am sure I am still on some peoples' personal list because of this.

Again IMHO, it's better to peruse the list and add who you like for reasons that ring true with you.

:foryou:

-slym

lol

Block this guy mbeggs6370

Buys a Avengers 48 off me back in May isn't happy with book requests refund gets refund then never returns book(yes I know don't refund before getting book back but this was my first refund request I've learned now).E-bay were no help in the matter despite my telling them he has essentially now got my book for free.

Today I receive a message from him via E bay demanding to know why he is blocked as he apparently tried to bid on one of my x-men books.

Block this guy mbeggs6370

Buys a Avengers 48 off me back in May isn't happy with book requests refund gets refund then never returns book(yes I know don't refund before getting book back but this was my first refund request I've learned now).E-bay were no help in the matter despite my telling them he has essentially now got my book for free.

Today I receive a message from him via E bay demanding to know why he is blocked as he apparently tried to bid on one of my x-men books.

tell them you are blocking them until they return the book you gave the refund for--- maybe they might just send it to you and then you can keep blocking them. Couldn't hurt to try...