• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is worthy to put someone on your block list, but they are going on mine:

generalkaybear

Dinged me on shipping time for late shipment (late shipment defect) - Sheesh what is up with these people lately??? - There was nothing wrong with my handling and shipping times. I have no defects and wanted to keep it that way so, I called eBay to appeal.

I spoke to a CSR in the escalation department. Thankfully, eBay sided with me as tracking clearly showed I met all of the shipping requirements from handling time to actual arrival time.

For the record, the buyer placed the order on November 16th. I shipped it November 18th before 10 AM and it arrived within 6 business days of the item being shipped.

Oh yeah, they also left me positive feedback...I don't get buyers like this.

I'm not sure if this is worthy to put someone on your block list, but they are going on mine:

generalkaybear

Dinged me on shipping time for late shipment (late shipment defect) - Sheesh what is up with these people lately??? - There was nothing wrong with my handling and shipping times. I have no defects and wanted to keep it that way so, I called eBay to appeal.

I spoke to a CSR in the escalation department. Thankfully, eBay sided with me as tracking clearly showed I met all of the shipping requirements from handling time to actual arrival time.

For the record, the buyer placed the order on November 16th. I shipped it November 18th before 10 AM and it arrived within 6 business days of the item being shipped.

I see this usually happen with people who are only buyers, never sellers. They have zero idea what problems they cause when they nitpick any rating they can find. Easier to block them than to deal with gambling your ratings. THe best are people who send you a note first with some crazy question-- you get a chance to review their feedback and block them preventive. Found one of those today, although it was for a Wheaties cereal box that they wanted to be sure was a 10/10 perfect. Who can guarantee that nonsense?

generalkaybear

I see this usually happen with people who are only buyers, never sellers. They have zero idea what problems they cause when they nitpick any rating they can find. Easier to block them than to deal with gambling your ratings. THe best are people who send you a note first with some crazy question-- you get a chance to review their feedback and block them preventive. Found one of those today, although it was for a Wheaties cereal box that they wanted to be sure was a 10/10 perfect. Who can guarantee that nonsense?

...Apparently this person does sell...I have blocked them but I am tempted to message them and ask WHY. I won't though.

I decided to check too...The defect is still up on my dashboard...Just hoping it is taking a bit of time to correct in eBay's system? If not gone by tomorrow afternoon, I will have to call them back...

generalkaybear

...Apparently this person does sell...I have blocked them but I am tempted to message them and ask WHY. I won't though.

I decided to check too...The defect is still up on my dashboard...Just hoping it is taking a bit of time to correct in eBay's system? If not gone by tomorrow afternoon, I will have to call them back...

you should be patient with getting that removed or irony will ensue

generalkaybear

you should be patient with getting that removed or irony will ensue

lol - You are quite correct - I will sleep on it for awhile yet. (thumbs u

Edited by Wall-Crawler

I would like to submit malcz-2014

Here is what happened: Won three books from him/her on Ebay, strangely the books went via GSP all over the map and "disappeared" in Erlington (I have a thread in CG ranting about the GSP, may end up not being their fault at all).

I contacted the seller to let them know what was happening and after a few days the response was "I'll check at the post office and get back to you" which did not make sense as the books were shipped GSP.

As there was no response from seller after that, I filed "item not received" with Ebay, who refunded one book, but then cryptically put the other two refunds on hold until the 27th as they had received info from the seller that "the books were on the way"

Now, this may be all and well and maybe I will eventually get the books, maybe he forgot to put them in the package that went to Erlington :screwy:

This aside, I decided to check out the buyer a little more thoroughly. When I took a look at his selling history he appears to have a large number of books that get "resold", basically it appears they are sold in an auction only to reappear a few weeks later up for auction again, 5 books appear to have been sold three times each and 5 others appear to have been sold twice each.

I know it is possible to sell something and get a non-paying bidder and have to relist, but this is suspicious. Many of the auctions that were won appear to have some shill bidding going on. Just too much going on with this seller for me to ignore

Link to selling history Notice X-Men 142, Captain America 100 and NM 98 all being sold at least 3 times each, among others

Edited by 427Impaler

Here is another deadbeat buyer who claims that they are from down under, who know, who cares, a deadbeat is a deadbeat

moonwalkerspaceman

Made an offer on a CGC slab, then I accepted it, sent a reminder and an email and does not respond, does have a low feedback, but give everyone the benefit of the doubt,

Some of you know that I handle a relative's eBay account.

Block of the week: u259118

I am cranky and cannot sleep so when someone hits the BIN on a $350 item then says the following:

Hi there, I did not mean to commit to buy this item. My daughter accidentally hit the buy now button.

Sorry about that!

Reported and blocked the buyer, wrote her a note that she should more closely monitor her daughter's internet usage.

I am a little cranky when I cannot sleep.

I had the same issue with suziejenn. Buyer purchased a Walking Dead #100 2x Signed and then a day later PayPal informs me that the payment was not authorized by the buyer.

Mine was a WD 4 2x signed.

As I saw the positive feedback going up I decided to contact ebay before this joker could do this to more of us.

Same thing, same buyer (suziejenn), for a WD 3x signed.

PP informed me that the "spouse" did not recognize the charge on the cc.

was this before or after shipping the comic?

After it shipped and delivered a dispute was sent to us that required action.

Interesting update: so the book that was sold to suziejenn in Michigan now has new pics and is listed for sale by backtothepastpopculture in Michigan for an increased amount.

Thats a brick and mortar store in Michigan . Shame on them if they are doing that .

Maybe they were sold the item by that person . I would contact them . But first I would contact your local police and have this item written up as stolen. Then you can contact Back to the Past and maybe get your book back. Its worth a shot right ?

I am cranky and cannot sleep so when someone hits the BIN on a $350 item then says the following:

Hi there, I did not mean to commit to buy this item. My daughter accidentally hit the buy now button.

Sorry about that!

Reported and blocked the buyer, wrote her a note that she should more closely monitor her daughter's internet usage.

Yes, she "accidentally" hit the "Buy it Now" which took her to the confirmation page, which she also "accidentally" confirmed.

lol

If you were of a mind, and it were easy to do so, you could hold this "parent" accountable for her "daughter's" misdeeds.

:D

This thread is nuts.... I'm never selling on ebay again.

There are other avenues.

Don't be discouraged, we are all just helping each other out here so we can avoid this deadbeat buyers, it doesn't happen everyday unless you have over 100,000 items listed, I really find this thread very helpful. I agree that there are other avenues to selling, but unfortunately ebay is the top avenue out there whether you agree of not.

Sorry about that!

Yes, she "accidentally" hit the "Buy it Now" which took her to the confirmation page, which she also "accidentally" confirmed.

lol

If you were of a mind, and it were easy to do so, you could hold this "parent" accountable for her "daughter's" misdeeds.

:D

Not my account so I have to be somewhat cordial. I thought mentioning their lack of parenting skills (for what I believe to be a non-existent child) was enough. However, holding someone to buy something that they genuinely do not want to buy even if their reason is a poor one can lead to further problems.

There are other avenues.

I disagree. I wish I could sell on these boards but in the past few months, I am consistently getting higher prices over on eBay even after fees.

I woke up this morning to find that two things that I offered over here again sell for more on eBay. (One was a comic and the other was a toy)

Sorry about that!

This is ridiculous. I have had this excuse numerous times attributing purchase to kid(s) hitting "buy it now", they, themselves, accidentally hitting "buy it now" while they were just looking at the item, to their cat walking across their keyboard and hitting "buy it now" (I made the last one up). Of all the excuses for not intentionally buying it they leave out the fact that you have to hit the button twice for it to be a sale. How do you, or you kids, accidentally buy something when you have to hit the buy button and the confirm button for it to go through?

We now live in a generation where people don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

Sorry about that!

This is ridiculous. I have had this excuse numerous times attributing purchase to kid(s) hitting "buy it now", they, themselves, accidentally hitting "buy it now" while they were just looking at the item, to their cat walking across their keyboard and hitting "buy it now" (I made the last one up). Of all the excuses for not intentionally buying it they leave out the fact that you have to hit the button twice for it to be a sale. How do you, or you kids, accidentally buy something when you have to hit the buy button and the confirm button for it to go through?

We now live in a generation where people don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

+1 - so true in this day and age

There are other avenues.

I disagree. I wish I could sell on these boards but in the past few months, I am consistently getting higher prices over on eBay even after fees.

I woke up this morning to find that two things that I offered over here again sell for more on eBay. (One was a comic and the other was a toy)

This is precisely why I don't sell here.

If I can get more money on eBay, after fees, then it makes no sense to sell here.

Sorry, CGC boards, but there just aren't enough people here willing to pay what eBay people are willing to pay.

I'd love to never, ever do business on eBay ever again: they are corrupt, vile, and rotten to the core...but, they have successfully absorbed or litigated everyone else out of business, and there is simply no other way to sell collectable comic books anywhere else.

Sad, but true.

There are other avenues.

This is precisely why I don't sell here.

If I can get more money on eBay, after fees, then it makes no sense to sell here.

Sorry, CGC boards, but there just aren't enough people here willing to pay what eBay people are willing to pay.

I'd love to never, ever do business on eBay ever again: they are corrupt, vile, and rotten to the core...but, they have successfully absorbed or litigated everyone else out of business, and there is simply no other way to sell collectable comic books anywhere else.

Sad, but true.

+1, RMA

I would rather sell on here too, but there are to may times that I have listed some great books just to be ignored and then would sell on eBay in a matter of days. If have found some great books this year and chose to sell them on eBay and they sold fast.

In my early days, on eBay, there we some bad dealings I had with bad buyers, but over the past few years I have had no problems,with buyers, but have had some on here.

Now, this, for me, is just another place for me to purchase books from.