• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

This thread is nuts.... I'm never selling on ebay again.

There are other avenues.

I disagree. I wish I could sell on these boards but in the past few months, I am consistently getting higher prices over on eBay even after fees.

I woke up this morning to find that two things that I offered over here again sell for more on eBay. (One was a comic and the other was a toy)

This is precisely why I don't sell here.

If I can get more money on eBay, after fees, then it makes no sense to sell here.

Sorry, CGC boards, but there just aren't enough people here willing to pay what eBay people are willing to pay.

I'd love to never, ever do business on eBay ever again: they are corrupt, vile, and rotten to the core...but, they have successfully absorbed or litigated everyone else out of business, and there is simply no other way to sell collectable comic books anywhere else.

Sad, but true.

+1, RMA

I would rather sell on here too, but there are to may times that I have listed some great books just to be ignored and then would sell on eBay in a matter of days. If have found some great books this year and chose to sell them on eBay and they sold fast.

In my early days, on eBay, there we some bad dealings I had with bad buyers, but over the past few years I have had no problems,with buyers, but have had some on here.

Now, this, for me, is just another place for me to purchase books from.

Same here, selling here is harder and harder .

Is there a complete list of all the blocked users?

As of 10/25/15:

2015uscadid, 20babyface83, aarr5824, abcwaldie, aladav_w4fb86gvf, allcountyemploymentservices, ashle_rodar, askanison23, auctionsit4cash, avsswolf, barbarian007, bbbetti, bdieter8, bossanova1979, boxerone, brownchikano , bulldog76_2013, bumbao, bunti_dere, cad290, carmgeof, carvinsrs246, cf02cf03 , chapao12 , chill469, chrismoney64, comicnut1969, comic-traders, comikazeandtoys, coo-holl, corbi-cindy, cpalk719 , crisis_comics, c.w.i.e, da_dillo, darinaa1986, davis-larr, dazdav5, delparkadkins, dept.of.superhero.affairs, dollabill168, doingitright2010, donjuanjunior2008, dornier81, preduction, ecesp007, edtigger99, elee034, ell8046_ohrappnj, estatesaleslim, fatchocobo0, fathersoncomics, fearthewalkingdead, figc, firstdivineright, fishyxliar, franc.huert, galvtoxcarl, gigabyte334, goodstuff24, greatliving2008, grubbzy37, gzmzhz2010, halhug5, happyman24, hardboiled777, harr.burri, heatbe0, heisenberg00000, henhan-hxnpmr, hert_juni, hp21310, huandebi_zq1tzjs1, hustruck007, iluvdeadpeople2012, innerjoycollectibles, isza71, jayglate, jazamthepuss2010, jeterfan1976, jewellzcardzandcomicz, jkwmullin, jlafan, jlwolf12, johnny_ringo_93, jolchowski, joshnjess12007, jrprice3, jsmithsells, julientristan22, kaydogzcomix2001, kcsports11, kittcar78, komic-kazi, kylwes2, lachik509, kmor5870, leab_us2015, llc-sell, mandhenni, mariolev07, marwea-zdbnov5, marygarsan, mavstrzr, mayer_res8izy, mcooley2984, melisschuc, mighty_soul_crusher, mikewhowell, mjp5840, mkrusin, mrkevgc, mvelezbustos, n_chuckles, native_beaut13, natureboyricflair1128, nowsound, ohlie1, packers1181, par1ahh, patterjoe01, pedro08107710, penagchris, pbritty909909, phillobeddoe78, phokingfacevalue, polkadot2005, project-rebirth, redrosecomics, richardmaio, rff7706, roblecastre, rzipp65, sa_nola, sandracaroz, sidetracked77, sikured419, siro7, sjy209, slojay, spider_web_comics, spider-dude, spiderwebcomics, spy1017, stakiebaby860710, starus-ppbtv, stefa-ariel, stephen100009cws, stockton374, storestockpsycho, tilainamariep, tokamakspoon, trav-tapp, turtleman402, uren_adon, uscon-1c8gj, us2015-leab, venom_86, vhpbass, vibdarkestangel, vict_rang, villaus-k76yasb, vinny_troia, walkingdeadfanatic19, wcduff, whattravissells, whitashani, yankeeskd46, zapa-andr, zudu41

These are users listed in this thread and who have been "vetted" through some explanation of their bad, high-risk behavior with relevant details.

Make of this what you will. Some folks don't like maintaining such a list here, others pick and choose from it.

YMMV.

This list is probably better than the old one. A lot of people who didn't deserve to be on that old list were on there, thanks to certain people plainly disliking other people - not that they were bad eBayers by any means, but that someone didn't personally like them and that got them put on the "master list". (Thanks, CAL.)

That's why I had my old thread totally deleted. Some were mad at me for it, but at the very least, my name and others who didn't deserve to be there aren't on that list above.

:)

Also, you may want to add vikescomics to your personal list. IDK how active he is anymore, but he was on the old list, and was recommended for it by numerous people.

;)

*EDIT* - I forgot to mention, after asking numerous times for the auction to be cancelled, innerjoycollectibles paid for the comic they won finally, last night early. Move him to/from your own lists as you deem fit. I have kept him blocked.

Here is a problem buyer that you may want to add to your block list.

gram12dorothy

The item wasn't a comic book, but sometimes the collecting crosses. I sold to this buyer a box unit of Hordes gaming pieces. I made sure I checked that all the pieces were there and everything was okay. After receiving, they contacted me tell me this -

"Dear wa-collectibles, 6 of the 10 models are bent. The pieces have been separated. A base is missing and the card is used. Not sure what you had going on here."

The conversation went -

Me - If there is a problem then return it and I will refund.

Them - You want to issue a return label?

Me - You do that by going here - http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html#process Also, could you provide a picture of the problems that you say are wrong with the item? Thanks

Then the communication stopped and received a NEG today.

I wouldn't be surprised that they were gunning for a partial refund so they could get it cheaper and when I wouldn't go through with it they retaliated.

Here is a problem buyer that you may want to add to your block list.

gram12dorothy

The item wasn't a comic book, but sometimes the collecting crosses. I sold to this buyer a box unit of Hordes gaming pieces. I made sure I checked that all the pieces were there and everything was okay. After receiving, they contacted me tell me this -

"Dear wa-collectibles, 6 of the 10 models are bent. The pieces have been separated. A base is missing and the card is used. Not sure what you had going on here."

The conversation went -

Me - If there is a problem then return it and I will refund.

Them - You want to issue a return label?

Me - You do that by going here - http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html#process Also, could you provide a picture of the problems that you say are wrong with the item? Thanks

Then the communication stopped and received a NEG today.

I wouldn't be surprised that they were gunning for a partial refund so they could get it cheaper and when I wouldn't go through with it they retaliated.

Hordes item

you didn't help yourself by only taking a picture of the box and a minimal description. I always try to show the parts of any toy or game that has been used or opened so there are no surprises. Reading your description, I would assume the items inside were practically untouched.

Not that I am calling you deceptive, or defending the other person-- they might very well be angling for a discount-- had that happens on occasion. But the rest of their feedback shows no pattern of abusing the system that I can detect. And yours looks spotless as well.

I decided to block them just in case though.

You are right. It is to the point that you have to take as many pictures as you can to protect yourself.

I look at it as protecting both sides of the deal-- it is always better to show the whole item good and bad for what it really is. I am amazed sometimes that people read some of my descriptions and still decide to buy something. Not sure what they do with it (and really rather not find out).

It does help your case though sometimes. I remember selling a Gameboy system with a bunch of accessories etc- at a very reasonable price. I took 12 pictures of everything and had a long detailed description etc. Somehow the guy read that I said it was perfect- which I did not say at all. Then tried to complain that the screen had some vertical line missing== stating I did not show that-- but I actually had a picture of the screen showing the same line he talked about. He still whined-- ended up telling him he could either send it back on his dime for a refund OR take $10 off the price and be done with it. I was tired of haggling at that point. He took the money of course because he knew he already had a sweet deal.

Here is another Deadbeat Buyer to add to the list

ann.ka1

Made an offer, I accepted it, then I get an email asking if I will go any lower after I accepted the offer.

Edited by HOTFLIPS

I would like to nominate the USPS

maybe not the entire USPS

but maybe just the ones responsible for updating the status of 3 packages I'm waiting for to "out for delivery" at 9AM today

THEN at 820PM this evening updating 2 of those packages to "delivered in/at mailbox" :facepalm:

I've been home all evening... I have not recieved a single piece of mail today

And

The remaining package still shows as "out for delivery" 11hrs ago

rantrant

I opened up 2 cases online with USPS a few minutes ago

This is a first for me. I really hope these packages show up

I had one go from my local post office to "out for delivery" and then the next day, show as "received" in California. I'm in Pittsburgh. It obviously did NOT get delivered to me. Ended up going back to the seller inexplicably.

I would like to nominate the USPS

maybe not the entire USPS

but maybe just the ones responsible for updating the status of 3 packages I'm waiting for to "out for delivery" at 9AM today

THEN at 820PM this evening updating 2 of those packages to "delivered in/at mailbox" :facepalm:

I've been home all evening... I have not recieved a single piece of mail today

And

The remaining package still shows as "out for delivery" 11hrs ago

rantrant

I opened up 2 cases online with USPS a few minutes ago

This is a first for me. I really hope these packages show up

holy guacamole, the local post office was amazing in helping track down the packages.

turns out that due to the holiday on Monday mail got crazy backed up and they had to utilize delivery drivers that were unfamiliar with the routes - for whatever reason at the end of the day someone just scanned them as "delivered" when in fact they were sitting on a shelf to be delivered the next day. The guy I talked to said that most drivers had pulled 14hr shifts on Tuesday due to the amount of overflow from the holiday.

in the end - im thankful that they arrived unscathed

Many times I have noticed that they scan them as 'delivered' before they are actually delivered.

I am thinking that a possible reason for this is that it allows them to drop off packages without fumbling about scanning each single one while having to hold onto a bunch of things.

Received my 1st negative from a buyer ebay user- jlangii8lu3. His feedback is decent, although he has 4 negatives & 1 neutral in the last 12 months. Customer received CGC graded item & complains that packaging smelled smoky. I explained that I don't smoke & that the item is 3rd party graded and is sealed in plastic, plus I double wrapped the CGC book in cardboard & packing tape, then it was covered in bubble wrap. So even if the packaging actually did have a smoky smell, the actual item was protected.

I think he/she was fishing for a discount, but never actually asked. I happened to check my ebay account yesterday & saw they left me negative feedback and I no longer had 100% positive feedback. The customer received item intact, undamaged & in a timely manner and left me negative feedback anyway.

Edited by Mumford's Comics

Their reply to what I stated before:

"Do you want me to ship back all of the smelly packaging? Do you think this was stuck in a warehouse wher people smoked?

A little sympathy or apology would have been nice."

My comments were what I stated in my previous post, nothing rude what-so-ever.

I merely stated that I personally packed the item & didn't smell anything. Plus as stated, it was packed with cardboard,bubble wrap & packing tape. The actual item itself was undamaged in any way.

My customers typically commend me for my packaging (see comments on my feedback). I packed this person's item the same as all my other customers. No one has ever complained in the 15 years as a seller on eBay about my packing, except this one customer. I opened a new bag of bubble wrap when I packed this customer's item.

Edited by Mumford's Comics