• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, hobbyguy said:

Here is my list of deadbeat bidders who have not paid over the past years and had to block:

1981autobot, 1oldnut, 415taherkia, 619arik, 653den-1, antiquestuff, berkbridge, bigpicturecomics, comicsroyalty, daggers480, danelammeer_0, dannilamber_0, davabr_rpl3lmkzm, davicon9707, deb5050, dodger-rome, evangelon, fermincom11, gems1366, george555z, herrmatt2, heyrightonagain, infotekkcollectibles, ip00650, johnathan275, johnvalenzuela1999, krwinger1, lamus_g4xcqhow, leb41379, lions.tigers.bears, lurda-us, mal1464, mikefrank, mm_trigger, n9qip, plumberbear, promethea32, rlbcollectibles, rtfireflie, samandjosh89_3, siro7, slashh, slewis1220, thelazofamily, toydivision51, tztoyz1, tzv5dc0, ultimatekeyissuecomics,  vanheuklon, wfuvlinda, wholesaletoworld, yourballoonman

Some people, myself included, won’t just add people to a blocked list without having more details about the specific transactions. For example, I see at least one boardie on this list who has been on ebay for 15 years and has 100% positive feedback. I’ve never known him to cause any trouble either here or on ebay.

Name and Location: Lakisha Nash - Sheboygan WI 53082-1204 (I omitted the PO Box)

eBay ID:  lakishnas_0 ( 4 )

Issue: Item purchased and payment never received.

Item and Amount: GI JOE 50th SNAKE-EYES & STORM SHADOW Two pack figure 25th 30th 2016 TRU Cobra - $40.49 + shipping

Two messages and invoices before I filed for the credit on the sale.  

Credit awarded and case closed out and this account is now blocked from doing further business with me.

They are young at eBay it seems and maybe they will learn their lesson... but this is just in case. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/10/2015 at 11:51 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

This user: memorex987 goes to my blocked user list because he likes to trow less than 50% offers , kind of insulting and bad for business in my opinion.

Second that. Do yourself a favour and block this guy - memorex987

the guy bought a comic. When he received he contacted me claiming that it had a defect and asked for a partial refund. I responded and said that for sure we could work out something but I would like to see a picture of the comic - he refused to provide. Instead he opened a case "not as described" with eBay. Again - asked him for a picture. He asked eBay to intervene. As I rarely have had any returns I decided to make this a test case and let it go all the way. eBay ruled in his favour and refunded him. I just talked to eBay who acknowledged that they made a wrong instruction to me during the process and that they will reimburse me (already have) End outcome - he got a comic for free and I got paid by eBay. What I learned - as a buyer - you just state "not as described" if you don't like a purchase - eBay will not ask for documentation from buyer. It is only when seller has the comic back in hand - he can do something - althoUgh very little.

Edited by Poka
Addd name

My current list... is there anyone here that anyone knows? 

Don't know why some of them are here... but they did something.... to make the list. 

*-tread-*, all_your_gifts, anakin4msb, artglass4u2, auction_destroyer, aufalt, balarizaaf, banifirdaus777, bdehamer, behoutinc, bigsink, blackday86, bluedogwd5xzz, boobookitty_toys, brocklawley77, bunnystomper, california92563, canonguy2000, carnage_bs-22, cohiba6969, comicartfan62, comicbookchris85, cookiejuly, croniccrazy1, danger_getts, daniel3cb, danielmubaracbrazil, darsals76, ddennis137tpm, docseth81, dottyglitz, dstrohmeng77, e1dfd7349dcc72051449576439, ellieandbuddy, fakin4clay, finder84, gemmellee, geo3d, goarmy12345, god_magnus, goodnewscomics, griffon557, highlander_07, hobbiestoysandgames, hokiehayes, hollyhuney, hooliganseijin, huskyjackson, jeb37917, jkwmullin, jsanchez73, jshayne563, kdmcj07294til, kider24, kmor5870, ledjund, lindseyp16066, lsjbkaplan, macddaddy17, madmandan55803x, markk128, matthedavi_12, megaquasar, memorex987, nastytequila, pixiebob10, quartermileracer, rabeaver, ralphie_ceja1984, rebelpk10, rrrob-2042, samsmom825, sashacomics87, serpy76, sh0onuff, snowboarder646a02s, ssouthern31, the_real_ghostbusters, thesixthreich, tirotta42, tommy1196, tothiro999, trishlea33, ultimate_sportscards, voltronx1, wellers22, wolf-werks, x-menlover, yourpopautographs,

Edited by Buzzetta

Submitted for your consideration:  jbaria 

Sent me a message after my ASM 300 ended with a fair offer, which I quickly responded was acceptable and I’d set up a private BIN auction.  Got a message the next day that one had been bought elsewhere.

Has good feedback profile, but I still spite blocked for wasting my time.

eyebuypaper

Won an auction for $36, didn't pay and 7 days later contacted me to cancel item saying he could no longer afford it. I put him on my blocked bidder list and he left me bad feedback which eBay promptly removed after a 5 minute phone call.

Edited by Logan510

On 29/09/2017 at 12:42 AM, Buzzetta said:

My current list... is there anyone here that anyone knows? 

Don't know why some of them are here... but they did something.... to make the list. 

*-tread-*, all_your_gifts, anakin4msb, artglass4u2, auction_destroyer, aufalt, balarizaaf, banifirdaus777, bdehamer, behoutinc, bigsink, blackday86, bluedogwd5xzz, boobookitty_toys, brocklawley77, bunnystomper, california92563, canonguy2000, carnage_bs-22, cohiba6969, comicartfan62, comicbookchris85, cookiejuly, croniccrazy1, danger_getts, daniel3cb, danielmubaracbrazil, darsals76, ddennis137tpm, docseth81, dottyglitz, dstrohmeng77, e1dfd7349dcc72051449576439, ellieandbuddy, fakin4clay, finder84, gemmellee, geo3d, goarmy12345, god_magnus, goodnewscomics, griffon557, highlander_07, hobbiestoysandgames, hokiehayes, hollyhuney, hooliganseijin, huskyjackson, jeb37917, jkwmullin, jsanchez73, jshayne563, kdmcj07294til, kider24, kmor5870, ledjund, lindseyp16066, lsjbkaplan, macddaddy17, madmandan55803x, markk128, matthedavi_12, megaquasar, memorex987, nastytequila, pixiebob10, quartermileracer, rabeaver, ralphie_ceja1984, rebelpk10, rrrob-2042, samsmom825, sashacomics87, serpy76, sh0onuff, snowboarder646a02s, ssouthern31, the_real_ghostbusters, thesixthreich, tirotta42, tommy1196, tothiro999, trishlea33, ultimate_sportscards, voltronx1, wellers22, wolf-werks, x-menlover, yourpopautographs,

I'm on your list as you disagreed with my opinion on preorders, so don't start quoting my ebay handle on here if I have never had a dealing with you.

this guy: larryg5.

Bought 2 books off me with extended handling time, which is clearly stated in the listing.  The extended handling time has me shipping October 13th at the latest.  Send me numerous annoying messages about shipping date etc.  I sent him a message telling him that I am shipping tomorrow, but I could cancel the order if he preferred.  He sent me this message: "Oh I understand .. you can see my feedback and know I have been doing this a long time .. quoting rules and guidelines from ebay at me means nothing to me .. Yes I want you to still ship me my items .. but I had question/concerns which I am allowed to ask .. you don't want to answer that's ok.
Seems pretty crappy though to ask for immediate payment and take 2 weeks to ship + not all your auctions have the same timelines .. inconsistent .. but hey no worries .. your stuff you do what you want but I will voice my displeasure regardless of the fine print.
Will look for my books in the next week or so .. last time we talked you said Wednesday but now maybe Thursday .. like I said .. its your world ..
Regards"

I cancelled his order. 

Not one for normally doing this but i'd add the following

gxrfan

New message from: gxrfan (38Yellow Star)

Hey there, I know this is terrible E-Bay form, but i was wondering if it would be OK to cancel this order if it has not shipped yet.

I had a personal emergency come up that requires some money allocation to another source.

If the book is still up at a later time, i'll revisit it for sure.

Appreciate your consideration and again my apologies.

He paid for it at 7PM  UK time and by time i got home from work he had sent this.......i'm a pretty laid back guy but this pissed me off i canceled and will be blocking

15 hours ago, RidersRohan said:

Bought 2 books off me with extended handling time, which is clearly stated in the listing.  The extended handling time has me shipping October 13th at the latest.  Send me numerous annoying messages about shipping date etc.  I sent him a message telling him that I am shipping tomorrow, but I could cancel the order if he preferred.  He sent me this message: "Oh I understand .. you can see my feedback and know I have been doing this a long time .. quoting rules and guidelines from ebay at me means nothing to me .. Yes I want you to still ship me my items .. but I had question/concerns which I am allowed to ask .. you don't want to answer that's ok.
Seems pretty crappy though to ask for immediate payment and take 2 weeks to ship + not all your auctions have the same timelines .. inconsistent .. but hey no worries .. your stuff you do what you want but I will voice my displeasure regardless of the fine print.
Will look for my books in the next week or so .. last time we talked you said Wednesday but now maybe Thursday .. like I said .. its your world ..
Regards"

I cancelled his order. 

i have learned in life that many of those with the least they have to do act as if they are they are the busiest ...........

15 hours ago, RidersRohan said:

Regards"

I cancelled his order. 

Is there a reason your handling time is so high?  I'm no big seller, but I always schedule items to end when I know I have time to ship them out the next day if immediate payment is received.  Over the years, ebay buyers have become more and more impatient, so to keep a good rating, I stick with 1 day handling time for all my listings. 

If you are on vacation or otherwise out of town, I'd recommend you put your listings on vacation hold or take them down.  If it's just that it takes 9 days to carve out the time to pack up an item and ship it out, perhaps step away from ebay until your schedule frees up a bit more.

You technically didn't do anything wrong.  Ebay allows you to set your own handling times and you made them clear in the listing.  But know that many buyers aren't going to have patience for that.  I'd say 3 days or less for handling time is reasonable.  More than that is not.  And maybe you're able to ship out in two days most of the time but you set the handling to 9 days to give yourself a (big) cushion.  If that's the case, I'd say suck it up, remove the safety net, and hold yourself to your new higher standard.  (thumbsu

Edited by Turtle

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Is there a reason your handling time is so high?  I'm no big seller, but I always schedule items to end when I know I have time to ship them out the next day if immediate payment is received.  Over the years, ebay buyers have become more and more impatient, so to keep a good rating, I stick with 1 day handling time for all my listings. 

If you are on vacation or otherwise out of town, I'd recommend you put your listings on vacation hold or take them down.  If it's just that it takes 9 days to carve out the time to pack up an item and ship it out, perhaps step away from ebay until your schedule frees up a bit more.

You technically didn't do anything wrong.  Ebay allows you to set your own handling times and you made them clear in the listing.  But know that many buyers aren't going to have patience for that.  I'd say 3 days or less for handling time is reasonable.  More than that is not.  And maybe you're able to ship out in two days most of the time but you set the handling to 9 days to give yourself a (big) cushion.  If that's the case, I'd say suck it up, remove the safety net, and hold yourself to your new higher standard.  (thumbsu

I don't have a store, so vacation is not an option. If the buyer was uncomfortable with my handling time, he shouldn't have purchased. I simply do not have time to go to the PO every time a purchase is made.  Two young kids with lots of activities, run my own business etc., and that specific time, I had obligations that I knew would interfere.  I normally put five days handling, but consistently ship in 3.  I have had no problems with this set up.  Anyways, another reason to keep my sales moving over to the non-commission Facebook groups.

16 minutes ago, RidersRohan said:

I don't have a store, so vacation is not an option. If the buyer was uncomfortable with my handling time, he shouldn't have purchased. I simply do not have time to go to the PO every time a purchase is made.  Two young kids with lots of activities, run my own business etc., and that specific time, I had obligations that I knew would interfere.  I normally put five days handling, but consistently ship in 3.  I have had no problems with this set up.  Anyways, another reason to keep my sales moving over to the non-commission Facebook groups.

USPS will pick stuff up at your house for free, just sayin'. I have found this service to be absolutely invaluable over the last several months and have had no issues with it at all.

Edited by Logan510

2 minutes ago, RidersRohan said:

I've found that ebay buyers will often buy an item they want even if they don't fully agree with (or read) the terms.  Plus, the buyers have most of the power on ebay.  If they're unhappy for whatever reason, they can do damage to your rating.

What has made my life much easier is USPS's carrier pickup service.  So long as you send 1 item via priority mail, you can schedule your carrier to pickup your package at your door/porch/mailbox.  So I can order free boxes/mailers from USPS and have them delivered to my door.  Then I can print postage via ebay so tracking is automatically uploaded to the ebay transaction.  Then I schedule a pickup and leave it on the porch on my way to work.  And when shipping slabs or smaller batches of books, the cost is pretty similar and much faster when compared to first class or economy.  Plus it comes with $50 of insurance right off the bat.   

I tend to offer free shipping on my listings and just incorporate the shipping cost into the initial listing price.  This way, they can't complain about shipping cost.  Then using the method above, I get the items out in a timely manner.  So long as the tracking is uploaded within the timeframe, I'm golden.  That's 2 out of 4 categories that I get automatic 5 star ratings on.  Switching to this method has improved my seller rating and eliminated a lot of headaches.  I also have 2 young kids and work full time, so I feel you on that. 

I was just looking at your post objectively and trying to understand the situation and provide feedback. 

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

USPS will pick stuff up at your house for free, just sayin'. I have found this service to be absolutely invaluable over the last several months and have had no issues with it at all.

+1.  I didn't know this until a few months ago.  I was walking out to my car with a batch of priority boxes and he told me I could just start giving them to him directly.  I haven't been to the post office since!

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I've found that ebay buyers will often buy an item they want even if they don't fully agree with (or read) the terms.  Plus, the buyers have most of the power on ebay.  If they're unhappy for whatever reason, they can do damage to your rating.

What has made my life much easier is USPS's carrier pickup service.  So long as you send 1 item via priority mail, you can schedule your carrier to pickup your package at your door/porch/mailbox.  So I can order free boxes/mailers from USPS and have them delivered to my door.  Then I can print postage via ebay so tracking is automatically uploaded to the ebay transaction.  Then I schedule a pickup and leave it on the porch on my way to work.  And when shipping slabs or smaller batches of books, the cost is pretty similar and much faster when compared to first class or economy.  Plus it comes with $50 of insurance right off the bat.   

I tend to offer free shipping on my listings and just incorporate the shipping cost into the initial listing price.  This way, they can't complain about shipping cost.  Then using the method above, I get the items out in a timely manner.  So long as the tracking is uploaded within the timeframe, I'm golden.  That's 2 out of 4 categories that I get automatic 5 star ratings on.  Switching to this method has improved my seller rating and eliminated a lot of headaches.  I also have 2 young kids and work full time, so I feel you on that. 

I was just looking at your post objectively and trying to understand the situation and provide feedback. 

Unfortunately, I live in Canada. I wish we Canada Post offered a similar service. 

9 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I would also like to add that sellers who say they just "don't have the time" or are "too busy with life" to ship out product in a reasonable amount of time should probably not be selling stuff IMHO. 

I have time, which I calculated into my shipping settings. The buyer could have chosen not to purchase. I am a little confused as to why it's an issue. If you don't like the clearly stated terms of the sale, don't but. How hard is it to read and understand the simple listing interface on an eBay listing?

1 hour ago, RidersRohan said:

I have time, which I calculated into my shipping settings. The buyer could have chosen not to purchase. I am a little confused as to why it's an issue. If you don't like the clearly stated terms of the sale, don't but. How hard is it to read and understand the simple listing interface on an eBay listing?

To hopefully clear things up a bit, the main point is that buyers hold all the power on ebay.  If you want to be successful as a seller on ebay and save a lot of headaches, it's a fact that must be recognized.  So yes, you technically did nothing wrong.  No one is arguing that you did.  Done deal.  Now realize that if the buyer doesn't like those terms, they can still buy your item and trash your feedback/seller rating.  Is it a perfect system?  No.  But it's how ebay operates. 

What people here are saying is that a 9 day handling time is too long for any respectable seller to take to ship out an item (barring extenuating circumstances, which should be clearly communicated).  The fact that immediate payment was required was just salt in the wound.  So people are trying to tell you that your handling time should be reviewed and refined.  You can choose to heed that advice or ignore it.  But if handling times remain long, expect to have similar issues moving forward. 

I wish I had some tips for shipping from Canada.  I'm of no help there.  :sorry:

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

Blimey, I pay over £200 a year for such a service over here.