• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

This whole Treasury edition / google scenario got me to thinking ...

Sometimes people get taken for 1000s of dollars. Has anyone ever taken a trip to confront the thief in an effort to retrieve their money?

I don't know anyone personally who went to visit someone who ripped them off, but I know the police were involved in a few other matters. I know of at least one on here where an attorney was involved and got the funds back.  A boarder sent another boarder a box full of newspapers instead of a Batman 1.

I'm still trying to figure out what 1/42 of an inch could be;)  

3 hours ago, Gaard said:

Sometimes people get taken for 1000s of dollars. Has anyone ever taken a trip to confront the thief in an effort to retrieve their money?

Yes, I did. In the early 2000s, we had set up at a local con and sold some comic statues. The buyer paid by check drawn on his company account, which was a comic store in another close town. The check bounced. My wife and I happened to be in the town of his store several weeks later. We took the bounced check to his store. He was there and did not refute stiffing us. Said he had no cash and couldn't pay us. We said fine, we'll walk to an ATM with you. Said no cash in the bank. We said we are not leaving until we get paid or our merchandise returned. Having already resold what he bought from us, he signed over several money orders that he had received for online sales. The money orders were cashed without a problem and we were paid in full. I never saw the guy again and warned other dealers setup at the local show. This was for a couple hundred dollars. Not sure I would ever show up at someone's house though. Showing up at a public place of business is something different.

Edited by Shrevvy

3 hours ago, Gaard said:

I haven’t.

This guy lives in DE and I live in CA, so unless he was really slow, he probably realized I wasn’t actually on my way over lol

Stealing my money, and then calling me the thief is a good way to make me consider it though.

I confronted a thief in person who stole my leather jacket once. Didn’t end well for him.

1 hour ago, wormboy said:

I haven’t.

This guy lives in DE and I live in CA, so unless he was really slow, he probably realized I wasn’t actually on my way over lol

Stealing my money, and then calling me the thief is a good way to make me consider it though.

I confronted a thief in person who stole my leather jacket once. Didn’t end well for him.

david-puddy-the-reverse-peephole-8-ball.

that jacket was epic though--

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't know anyone personally who went to visit someone who ripped them off, but I know the police were involved in a few other matters. I know of at least one on here where an attorney was involved and got the funds back.  A boarder sent another boarder a box full of newspapers instead of a Batman 1.

I'm still trying to figure out what 1/42 of an inch could be;)  

image.gif.955dd7d1806989df29e0b6529b5cdd

Block this m_oron if you like:

fallen6324  ( Jeremy Barker in case he changes his ID )

Made an offer that I accepted and within an hour and then this message string begins.  Read from the bottom up

from what he wrote, our reponse and then his response.

New message from: fallen6324 (33Yellow Star)

I just tried to ask you to cancel it cuz it wouldn't let me so you have to cancel it and if you want to go ahead and suspend my account that's okay I just buy things so I'll make another one

Your previous message

Follow through on the cancel order notice or it will go as an unpaid item transaction and potential suspension of your eBay account.

fallen6324:

Sorry man i just won another one. Please relist

"I just tried to ask you to cancel it cuz it wouldn't let me so you have to cancel it and if you want to go ahead and suspend my account that's okay I just buy things so I'll make another one"

This line from little miss snowflake illustrates basically everything wrong that's resulted from eBay's abysmal transaction enforcement -- the seller is ALWAYS assumed to be wrong, and every dirtbag buyer skulking around the web is allowed to run roughshod over them.

Can't pay?  Don't want to pay?  It's cool!  Go place some more frivolous thrill bids!

Want to steal something?  Go for it!  The seller can't prove they ever had it, at least not to our satisfaction!

Unpaid item strikes on your account?  Bah, go earn you some more!  It's like a badge of honor!

Edited by mattn792

On 11/17/2017 at 12:25 PM, Kevlar said:

Had a special kind of stupid on ebay.  Buyer is: spider_web_comics_241

Bought a bunch of books with no problem. Then purchases another set but AFTER the purchase he demands a shipping discount. Didn't give him that and he decided to try to leave negative feedback on those items (even though he didn't pay) and then went back to the first books that were fine and left negative feedback on them.

Lied in feedback stating that the books were damaged, weren't delivered, and a bunch of other baloney. Watch out because he will try to wreck your seller feedback.

BLOCKED HIM ASAP

Want to follow up with this after Torrey shared his story with me this weekend. This guy is a known chargeback scammer as well. He attempted chargebacks on me several times a couple of years ago on items delivered. All the chargebacks were just before the 180 day mark. I've blocked him and his aliases on eBay out of Hawthorne, NJ. One alias bought from me last year and I immediately cancelled and refunded the item once I saw the name and PayPal email address were the same as spider_web_comics_241. He then posted negative feedback saying I stole his money - eBay immediately removed it. The fact that he is still allowed to be on eBay boggles the mind.

Edited by BeachBum

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

"I just tried to ask you to cancel it cuz it wouldn't let me so you have to cancel it and if you want to go ahead and suspend my account that's okay I just buy things so I'll make another one"

This line from little miss snowflake illustrates basically everything wrong that's resulted from eBay's abysmal transaction enforcement -- the seller is ALWAYS assumed to be wrong, and every dirtbag buyer skulking around the web is allowed to run roughshod over them.

Can't pay?  Don't want to pay?  It's cool!  Go place some more frivolous thrill bids!

Want to steal something?  Go for it!  The seller can't prove they ever had it, at least not to our satisfaction!

Unpaid item strikes on your account?  Bah, go earn you some more!  It's like a badge of honor!

Yeah, the internet has created a society of entitled little pukes that continue to never face consequences for their actions.

This thread is full of person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed buyers from eBay.  
eBay has a spineless system in place that hasn't evolved with this new generation of i_diots.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:02 PM, 427Impaler said:

Submitted for your consideration:  mrfrankenstein420

Made 3 offers on a moderate priced book ($550), I accepted the third offer on Nov 11.  Over the next week I sent 2 invoices, no response.  On Nov 17 sent a message asking if he was still interested, he responded the next day with: "I defnitely still want it. Trying to offload a couple books $$".  On Nov23 I message him again asking for him to pay that day or I will have to relist the book, no response at all so I cancelled and relisted.

So basically because of  his lack of simple contact and courtesy I am out 2 weeks of marketing the book.  Total time waster.  I notice he has made his feedback comments private in the last week, I can guess why.

I just noticed this...  I'd listed him as a time waster just a few days before this post.  So that's two within the same 4-5 days span.  For any who haven't put him on your list by now.  BEWARE.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:43 AM, BeachBum said:

Want to follow up with this after Torrey shared his story with me this weekend. This guy is a known chargeback scammer as well. He attempted chargebacks on me several times a couple of years ago on items delivered. All the chargebacks were just before the 180 day mark. I've blocked him and his aliases on eBay out of Hawthorne, NJ. One alias bought from me last year and I immediately cancelled and refunded the item once I saw the name and PayPal email address were the same as spider_web_comics_241. He then posted negative feedback saying I stole his money - eBay immediately removed it. The fact that he is still allowed to be on eBay boggles the mind.

If this character utilizes multiple accounts and aliases.....this is pretty scary.  

Can I ask what the name behind the spider_web_comics_241 is?  I'm guessing any sellers on here should be aware of it and the fact that they use multiple accounts for nefarious purposes.....

14 hours ago, Poka said:

@wormboy - try to leave a negative (carefully worded so you don’t give seller an excuse to contact ebay to remove it)

Thanks Poka.

I did try, but it was my first negative feedback ever written, so it wasn’t carefully worded lol and they didn’t post it.