• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

I used to sell on ebay a lot (from 1998-2008), but stopped when Paypal was the only payment they would accept. So I've been out of the loop for a long time.

Back in the old days, a seller could look at a bidder and see their entire bidding history, payment habits, non payment habits and rotten feedback. I would actually cancel a buyer's bid and sometimes just cancel the auction.(I'm guessing there is no way to do that until after you get the brown end of the stick now). One jerk in particular had leading bids on five of my auctions, and after peeking at his past I emailed him that I was canceling every one of his bids or shutting down the auction. He told me I was making a big mistake. He was NARU'd the next day.

I don't miss that $#!t at all.

5 hours ago, gregreece said:

Jonesvilleboy015

Blocked. Tired of the "age of no responsibility for my actions"

Interesting.... just tried blocking this character and got invalid id message from ebay...

Still waiting for an action figure from Macau.  I ordered the item on June 7th. It was supposed to arrive no later than mid July.  Seller says that they didn't send it out and would do so the next day.  The tracking number provided did not work and while the tracking number was created nothing was submitted.  I complained and again I was told that he was sorry. The item is supposedly en route as of August 4th.  This is a reputable vendor in China that I have bought from frequently and one that I would still like to do business with again.  However, the window of opportunity is closing for me to act on the recover of my money should something go wrong.  The item is a sought after Star Wars figure that I purchased for $50.   SMH

On 8/6/2018 at 1:41 PM, gregreece said:

Jonesvilleboy015

I wish ebay still allowed you to find member i wanted to look into this guy. 

On 8/6/2018 at 5:01 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Is Greg's report on this jonesville character a separate one, or a response to Callaway's...?

hm

Sorry all. Was just reacting to the 1st post. But we have had a rash of folks just behaving badly. Sick of all of them.

2 hours ago, kav said:
On 8/6/2018 at 1:41 PM, gregreece said:

Jonesvilleboy015

I wish ebay still allowed you to find member i wanted to look into this guy. 

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=Jonesvilleboy015&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25

Also-- you can still people up by user name-- it even will pull up the name when you have case sensitive errors:

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

fyi--- their name is a small J like this:

Default User image
Edited by 01TheDude

4 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=Jonesvilleboy015&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25

Also-- you can still people up by user name-- it even will pull up the name when you have case sensitive errors:

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

fyi--- their name is a small J like this:

Default User image

thx I bookmarked.  Dont know why companies always try to make things harder and harder to find.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

thx I bookmarked.  Dont know why companies always try to make things harder and harder to find.

they are operating under the impression that change means improvement, even if it means removing useful tools or easy access to those tools. t is a very common problem I see in software and websites all the time. "Hey look-- we improved it!" typically means "good luck using this now" as some one who doesn't use the product has summarily chosen your feature to eliminate or hide (for the sake of looking much slicker).

3 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

they are operating under the impression that change means improvement, even if it means removing useful tools or easy access to those tools. t is a very common problem I see in software and websites all the time. "Hey look-- we improved it!" typically means "good luck using this now" as some one who doesn't use the product has summarily chosen your feature to eliminate or hide (for the sake of looking much slicker).

people have jobs and unless they do stuff, they sit around all day.  So they do stuff.  which means moving things around so no one can find it.  I see this everywhere not just online.  Go to the store to get salad dressing and **** where did they MOVE IT???!!!

1 hour ago, kav said:

people have jobs and unless they do stuff, they sit around all day.  So they do stuff.  which means moving things around so no one can find it.  I see this everywhere not just online.  Go to the store to get salad dressing and **** where did they MOVE IT???!!!

You mean like eBay’s awful new seller page design?  I made sure to offer my feedback on that...namely that it looks like a 4 year old purposely designed it to be as unnavigable as possible.

Just now, mattn792 said:

You mean like eBay’s awful new seller page design?  I made sure to offer my feedback on that...namely that it looks like a 4 year old purposely designed it to be as unnavigable as possible.

it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I dont sell that often and every time I go to sell my gut clenches and my first thought is what have they changed this time?  Not a good thing for a customer to have that reaction to a product.

Just now, kav said:

I dont sell that often and every time I go to sell my gut clenches and my first thought is what have they changed this time?  Not a good thing for a customer to have that reaction to a product.

Heard that, I can’t wait until the day comes when I have nothing to sell on eBay.  

On 8/7/2018 at 6:57 PM, mattn792 said:

Heard that, I can’t wait until the day comes when I have nothing to sell on eBay.  

What about alternatives to ebay? Would probably have to be for higher end comics. Who has used and can recommend other auction houses?

I had someone I blocked, based off this list, send me a message via eBay recently asking why they couldn’t bid on my item. I informed him that his transgressions were known via this forum (buyer that didn’t pay). He flipped it on me saying that I needed to do quality control to ensure his name wasn’t outed in error due to sellers remorse (doesn’t make sense, y would someone have sellers remorse for a book that didn’t sell because the winner didn’t pay).

Anyways, my point is...the list is doing its job!