• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

When you have a buyer asking to cancel the order, what do you do?

I think that if you cancel an order as a seller, your seller account get penalized. I always let the time go, file a non paying bidder claim on ebay and then close the case to have the fees back.

Am I doing it right?

11 hours ago, JVales said:

Are you friends with the seller or something... why would do that.... does that even make sense? I got my $30 back only $30 so how does that make sense.  Why are you using my name repeatedly.?

@JVales  (tenofusvsyou) You still didn't answer the question posed to you earlier, why did you send the seller back a book different than what he sent?  Can you answer that? 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, mattn792 said:

Here's a nice ray of sunshine to consider -- mightierthantheswordcomics

No sale, just an annoyance you may want to avoid.  Was sending offers on my 9.8 blue label Web of Spider-Man 103 (listed at $89 OBO w/free shipping).  Initial offer received at $55, I counter at $75.  Then the messages start (chronologically):

"meet you in the middle and ready to still overpay instantly... thank you :)"  (offer of $65)

"last one sold for $48 lol... way to overcharge people... oh well" (extra message)

"i have already come up alot. take it or leave i really dont care as this is at best a $5 book raw and with grading 35 so im already paying over double"  (offer of $66)

--Mr. offerer is politely informed that I'll leave it--

"Over a couple dollars... wow thanks"

My final reply -- 'It's not the dollars, it's the vibe you give off. You accuse me of overcharging and put down a "take it or leave it" demand, so I'd rather not do business with you. In fact, I'll be adding you to my block list at the conclusion of this message. Lucky for you, there's two other copies of this book listed right now, similarly priced, so feel free to negotiate with one of those sellers. Or, save yourself some more money, find a 9.8 raw in a back issue box, and submit it for grading. Again, best of luck to you.'

Had he not been a total __________, he'd have earned himself a Web 103 at $66 instead of a spot on my blocked list.

I get this periodically and I do the same thing. I ban them and if they ask I tell them that I don't want to business with individuals like that.
It tells me they are a problem no matter what I do so I choose not to do business with them in the first place.

This is the first neutral I've left in quite a few years. I can't remember the last time.

I bought a book that said " Postage for this comic will be FREE signature confirmation Express mail. "

My post office said Express mail has to be delivered by 10:30 am, so I changed an appointment so I could be home. I waited till 12 and much to my surprise, the item wound up at my post office because it arrived with the regular mail at 4. It was mailed priority, not express. This required a trip to the PO, which is not close to where I live now and was really inconvenient. I didn't want to leave a signed slip because it was not an inexpensive item.

I wrote to the seller (this was weeks ago)...no response.  I finally decided to leave a neutral, and when I did, eBay asked if I contacted the seller...so rather than rush to judgement ,  (I figured maybe he didn't get the first one)  I tried again, 2 days ago. This morning, I got a really rude response, telling me I got free postage and that he would not apologize. I won't post what he said, but I personally wouldn't buy a $10 book from him at this point. 

So, you might want to block doublemannn, I just did.

1 hour ago, Venom Justice said:

I sent back what was given to me... I don't know where this archie thing came from. I recieved it looked at it and right away packed it up in better packaging then what it came in.

Lol lollollol lol..  Sorry but I'm pretty sure no one here is going to believe your lies.  Just stop and move on it isn't worth my time to deal with you.  You were already on the list before this happened so apparently you did something in the past as well. 

Edited by DiamondCityComics

1 hour ago, Venom Justice said:

I sent back what was given to me... I don't know where this archie thing came from. I recieved it looked at it and right away packed it up in better packaging then what it came in.
Just in case there are a few people doubting me.  Here is the in initial case opened against me, I copied and pasted it right from Ebay.  As you can see he got the package , I then sent a message as you can see saying I wish he waited to leave feedback before it was resolved.  His next message was give me $10  and I'll remove the feedback and close the case.  Hmmmmm....no mention of the book being damaged or being FAKE!!!!!!!  Pretty strange that he would accept $10 back for a fake comic isn't it folks????????Of course I called ebay and the case was closed.  Well I guess he wasn't happy that he was exposed so he the opened an item damaged case,  hmmmmmm again nothing about the comic being FAKE.  Get real dude and move on.

Aug. 18 :
The case was resolved

Aug. 18 :
You opened a case
Comments
I sent the item, he got it 3 days ago and never said a word. I expressed that the negative feedback was left too soon and now he is asking for $10 to remove the feedback 

Aug. 18 :
You sent a message
Comments
So now youre trying to bribe me. Are you kidding me. Looks like Ill be talking to the legal department.

Aug. 18 :
The buyer sent a message
Comments
Refund $10 and I will remove feedback and close case

Aug. 18 :
You sent a message
Comments
Hello I explained what happened and apologize for the delay. I wish you would have let the process work itself out before telling everyone I took your money. I would never do that to anybody but now people wont want to ever buy from me because of that.

Aug. 18 :
You added tracking details
Comments
Package was delivered

Aug. 13 :
The buyer sent a message
Comments
It should show something by now.... when does it arrive?

Aug. 12 :
You added tracking details

Aug. 10 :
The buyer didn't receive the item
Edited by DiamondCityComics

4 hours ago, marmat said:

When you have a buyer asking to cancel the order, what do you do?

I think that if you cancel an order as a seller, your seller account get penalized. I always let the time go, file a non paying bidder claim on ebay and then close the case to have the fees back.

Am I doing it right?

Well, you're not doing it wrong, it's more a matter of preference on how to deal with it.  Yes, you are correct that if you cancel an order as a seller, it does affect your metrics in a negative way.....but if the buyer wanted it cancelled, as long as they request the cancellation in the first few hours, you can accept their request and get your fees back automatically.  This does not affect your metrics.

If they want to cancel it after that time window, they cannot send a cancellation request as that option has been removed.  You can contact eBay, they will review the communication and will cancel the order for you ---simply make sure that the cancellation request is from the buyer, not you.  You would get your fees back, nothing affects your metrics and you can just move on (perhaps after blocking that buyer).

hope this helps...

Edited by Mapleleafvann
Grammar

Still sticking to your story tenofusvsyou?? Here's a message you sent on ebay after the 1st claim failed.  Once again you claim it was damaged and arrived late.  How did you forget to mention the fake book??  Probably a slight oversight while you were checking it out right, :roflmao:

tenofusvsyou:

The book is damaged and arrived very late....it was suppose to be a birthday gift.... so you have a choice refund $10 or the whole thing plus you pay for shipping

Your previous message

Hi I truly apologize for the delay!! I know what happened, I had a cancellation on a comic number 101 so I removed it from the shipping pile but I must have grabbed the 301. I just found it and it was shipped, again sorry for the mistake!!

tenofusvsyou:

Was this shipped?

6 hours ago, Venom Justice said:

Sounds legit

Edited by kav

On 9/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, JVales said:

First of all you sent me that comic in the worst condition and over a week late... then refuse to refund then get in trouble with ebay and now your sharing my info with false storys this is a lawsuit for sure! and reported you to now CGC 

@JVales 

It has been established that the book was late. 

You claim that the book was not in the condition that you felt it was advertised in.

Why did you send back the cover of an ASM 301 attached to an Archie book? 

@Venom Justice

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I have blocked him.  In my short experience, I would also recommend others not to deal with "tenofusvsyou", in any capacity simply based off his incessant and nonsensical messages.  

He continues to send me messages despite my asking him to stop.  I double down on the above message.  

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.43.53 AM.png