• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I'd say that's more than annoying. Not only is it nearly a month since purchase, if done through PayPal you have to eat 3% "return fee", right?

Yes, I was trying not to think about that part lol

1 hour ago, Logan510 said:

He's probably lying, but I know enough idjits who don't know how to budget properly that it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Even as a small timer I get the occasional buyer asking me to sell them something at "their price" because it's all they can afford to pay in order to live that month.

I have no problem telling those people that maybe, just maybe they shouldn't be worried about buying slabbed comic books...especially considering that it's normally something like $200 that will make it so they can't cover their nut for the month. If I did that my wife would probably leave me.

Just for fun, monitor his activity on eBay for the next month or so.  If there's buying activity then you'll know that it was all cow pie.

21 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
36 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I'd say that's more than annoying. Not only is it nearly a month since purchase, if done through PayPal you have to eat 3% "return fee", right?

Good news: Paypal rescinded their "we keep our 3%" policy change!

Link?

3 hours ago, gregreece said:

ebay user ID: mrcandido

Wins $3,000 book at auction

Waste of Time: "Wow. I have never seen it sell at this grade for such a low price. I will send payment this evening or tomorrow morning."

Us: Yes you got a great deal! Thanks for your business. Will send the book within 1 business day of receiving payment.

Waste of Time: Hi there. You are probably not going to believe this but even though I got lucky with this auction, on my way home I was extremely unlucky as my car sustained heavy damage from a piece of flying debris that damaged my windshield. Alberta insurance does not cover the cost of glass replacement so I am on the hook for $900 for the glass damage plus the labour costs. Alberta does not permit you to drive with a damaged windshield so I have to make this repair immediately or I will be without a vehicle. I am gutted but I cannot afford to pay for this damage on top of this item at the same time and must request to cancel the transaction. I am devastated as I have saved all year to get a CGC copy of BatB #28 at a good price. Believe me even after putting in the Cancellation Request and with all this going on, I still tried to find a way to scrape together the extra funds together to make up the total but there's just no way at this time. I apologize profusely.

Hi yes thank you so much for the great deal I really wanted it and intended to pay unfortunately I discovered I will have to buy food to eat!  For this reason I can not pay.  Cheers!

18 minutes ago, manetteska said:
39 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
54 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Good news: Paypal rescinded their "we keep our 3%" policy change!

Link?

What was:

"We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you."

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/archive-policies-full?locale.x=en_US

(This is the "past Paypal policy updates" page.)

Here's what it is now (a reversal to the original policy):

"If you refund a payment for goods or services, we will retain the fixed fee portion of the fees you paid as the seller. The amount of the refunded payment will be deducted from your PayPal account."

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#accepting-payments

That's the 30 cents they charge per transaction.

They did NOT announce this. I didn't find this out until I spoke to a supervisor at Paypal. "Oh, yes, we rescinded that policy change."

So, apparently the backlash WAS great enough, or eBay refused to allow them to be a part of their Managed Payments with that policy. And it is a loony policy.

3 hours ago, gregreece said:

Hi Greg...just wanted to drop you a note to say your sons are a hoot and a half, and I've enjoyed talking with them at recent cons (Phoenix and Heroes.) Super friendly, know what they're doing, and no attitude. Thanks for a job well done! :)

Hi Greg...just wanted to drop you a note to say your sons are a hoot and a half, and I've enjoyed talking with them at recent cons (Phoenix and Heroes.) Super friendly, know what they're doing, and no attitude. Thanks for a job well done! :)

Much appreciate the kind words. 

4 hours ago, gregreece said:

Wins $3,000 book at auction

Waste of Time: "Wow. I have never seen it sell at this grade for such a low price. I will send payment this evening or tomorrow morning."

Us: Yes you got a great deal! Thanks for your business. Will send the book within 1 business day of receiving payment.

Waste of Time: Hi there. You are probably not going to believe this but even though I got lucky with this auction, on my way home I was extremely unlucky as my car sustained heavy damage from a piece of flying debris that damaged my windshield. Alberta insurance does not cover the cost of glass replacement so I am on the hook for $900 for the glass damage plus the labour costs. Alberta does not permit you to drive with a damaged windshield so I have to make this repair immediately or I will be without a vehicle. I am gutted but I cannot afford to pay for this damage on top of this item at the same time and must request to cancel the transaction. I am devastated as I have saved all year to get a CGC copy of BatB #28 at a good price. Believe me even after putting in the Cancellation Request and with all this going on, I still tried to find a way to scrape together the extra funds together to make up the total but there's just no way at this time. I apologize profusely.

My dog ate my money.

15 minutes ago, Bill C said:

I'm not reporting any negative story about this seller (probably a boardie actually?) but before I bid with him I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with him? :

hotintheshade2013

He has seven negatives in the last year (out of 73 FB), all basically complaining of the same thing- he cancels orders when the book doesn't sell as high as possibly hoped. Wondering if anyone can vouch for (or against?) him. To bid on one of his auctions, I'd have to shift my work schedule and don't want to do that if there's a good chance of cancellation.

Just put in what your max bid that you are comfortable with now and let it be.  You win you win you lose you lose.  That way no waiting or stressing over it.

44 minutes ago, Bill C said:

I'm not reporting any negative story about this seller (probably a boardie actually?) but before I bid with him I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with him? :

hotintheshade2013

He has seven negatives in the last year (out of 73 FB), all basically complaining of the same thing- he cancels orders when the book doesn't sell as high as possibly hoped. Wondering if anyone can vouch for (or against?) him. To bid on one of his auctions, I'd have to shift my work schedule and don't want to do that if there's a good chance of cancellation.

If you win message him and say hey if youre going to cancel this order as I see you have a proclivity to pls let me know so we can just cancel now and not go thru the payment/refund rigamarole-

11 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I will never understand how people can try buy expensive items like this and then a hiccup will make it so they can't live for the month.

I actually believe the guy because I've had people in my life who do this exact same thing, just not with comics.

Probably a good idea to block him for his own well being.

The guy is full of it, he got caught thrill bidding.  You can tell by the length of his apology.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

The guy is full of it, he got caught thrill bidding.  You can tell by the length of his apology.

Hello yes so sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I must request you pls cancel my order for $4000 in comics you see what happened was I was on the way to the bank to transfer funds so that I could pay for the books and on then way there I noticed this pedestrian who seemed to be in distress so I pulled over to see if I could offer assistance and the guy was having a siezure (sic), he also had a cat with him.  When I went to assist him, he dropped the cat-

1 minute ago, kav said:

Hello yes so sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I must request you pls cancel my order for $4000 in comics you see what happened was I was on the way to the bank to transfer funds so that I could pay for the books and on then way there I noticed this pedestrian who seemed to be in distress so I pulled over to see if I could offer assistance and the guy was having a siezure (sic), he also had a cat with him.  When I went to assist him, he dropped the cat-

And the cat promptly started seizing.  Out of the goodness of my heart I covered the veterinary and ER bills for these perfect strangers but am now out the $4000 I had planned to pay you.  I thought about setting up a goFundMe to cover the cost of the books I planned to buy, but they wanted a Social Security Number and I loaned that to my neighbor’s 6 year old last week.  I am epically apologetic and apoplectic.

What's the consensus on eBay buyers requesting a return on CGC graded books because they "Found a better price" and "needed to return this because i got something else"? I do have a 14 day remorse return period, which I was told, by eBay, negates any specific mentions in the listing to no CGC returns.

10 minutes ago, Jmchnaway said:

What's the consensus on eBay buyers requesting a return on CGC graded books because they "Found a better price" and "needed to return this because i got something else"? I do have a 14 day remorse return period, which I was told, by eBay, negates any specific mentions in the listing to no CGC returns.

Consensus is that they’re a__holes.