• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, jokiing said:

I hope that's it. But with 5-6 messages sent, two invoices, plus ebay late payment case notifications, no reply is irresponsible on his part. The first auctions ended in June and invoiced July 3rd ( I was out of town with family emergency). His new bids are from auctions started last weekend and yesterday. Did he not realize that he was bidding with the same seller or like you mentioned, waiting to bundle shipping fees? He will be in for a surprise if I don't hear from him before the auctions end on Saturday.....

If it were my sales-- I would clear out their current bids and block them. Trust your gut. Sounds like a thrill bidder -- what are the stats as far as successful buys, feedback received and given, anything they might be selling themselves? Then again-- I check this stuff out any time someone buys from me before I even start packing it up to ship-- including checking the Pay Pal payment and address. I some times get people ordering magazines or other items to be shipped to prisons. That is not allowed unless you are certain type of retailer. Sorry-- that was probably too much information.

Edited by 01TheDude

8 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

If it were my sales-- I would clear out their current bids and block them. Trust your gut. Sounds like a thrill bidder -- what are the stats as far as successful buys, feedback received and given, anything they might be selling themselves? Then again-- I check this stuff out any time someone buys from me before I even start packing it up to ship-- including checking the Pay Pal payment and address. I some times get people ordering magazines or other items to be shipped to prisons. That is not allowed unless you are certain type of retailer. Sorry-- that was probably too much information.

Bidder has been member since '97, has 79 in feedback and leaves feedback for others. (I always check that last stat which determines whether or not I leave feedback after I ship). Nothing listed for sale. ... I sent him a note this morning letting him know that he needs to contact me.. I will be cancelling his bids and blocking if I don't hear from him by this evening, with a good reason for his lack of respect. As far as I know he may be in prison and needs to wait his turn on the computer.... one never know.

1 minute ago, jokiing said:

Bidder has been member since '97, has 79 in feedback and leaves feedback for others. (I always check that last stat which determines whether or not I leave feedback after I ship). Nothing listed for sale. ... I sent him a note this morning letting him know that he needs to contact me.. I will be cancelling his bids and blocking if I don't hear from him by this evening, with a good reason for his lack of respect. As far as I know he may be in prison and needs to wait his turn on the computer.... one never know.

oh-- I wasn't trying to say the winning bidder was in prison. As far as I understand it-- prisoners are not allowed internet access. The ones I have dealt with were purchased by someone they knew that I assumed was not in prison but using the address of the prison in order to route the shipment there. It will get rejected by the prison-- possibly ruined in the process -- and possibly not even returned. I avoid those orders at all cost. Most of these orders are coming through my magazine listings on Amazon. If the address look at all fishy-- I research it. I have even gone to the extent of using google earth to make sure there is a such an address. That is pretty rare but I don't like to send anything that might be a problem when it comes to Amazon. Ebay has many more tools to help you out on the website to figure out you might be dealing with some scam artist.

anyway-- seems like you have it under control. How many current auctions are they the top bidder on?

Bid on 7, highest on six... plus the two waiting for payment. I'll have no regrets pulling his bids.... don't need the further aggravation.

BTW.... I was joking about the prison scenario..... if one doesn't leave mother's basement, how much trouble can one get into....

I don't remember the last time I added someone to my blocked list, but I have a feeling this person has been around the block before under a different name.

foundbymurph

This was the title in his ad.

Famous First Editions #C-30 Hardcover Sensation Comics #1 w DJ Wonder Woman

This was his description

Famous First Editions #C-30 Hardcover Sensation Comics #1 w DJ Wonder Woman.

Very nice high grade copy.  See pics.

Check out my other auctions

Shipped with USPS Priority Mail

Today I received a regular (softcover) edition of the book, mailed media.  I contacted him but did not hear right away so I also contacted eBay and they sent me  a label to return it. 

When he did answer, he was pretty nasty, called me some names for not realizing people could make a "typo".  However he did refund, so make up your own minds. I'm not sure yet what I'm doing with feedback, I'm kind of going to wait and see if he apologizes. 

I did tell him that writing DJ (for dustjacket) and Hardcover, do not sound like typos. He claims he has no idea why it said hardcover, it should have said "softcover" . 
You really can't make this stuff up;) proceed with caution.

Edited by skypinkblu
of course people can make typos, I do all the time;)

15 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't remember the last time I added someone to my blocked list, but I have a feeling this person has been around the block before under a different name.

foundbymurph

This was the title in his ad.

Famous First Editions #C-30 Hardcover Sensation Comics #1 w DJ Wonder Woman

This was his description

Famous First Editions #C-30 Hardcover Sensation Comics #1 w DJ Wonder Woman.

Very nice high grade copy.  See pics.

Check out my other auctions

Shipped with USPS Priority Mail

Today I received a regular (softcover) edition of the book, mailed media.  I contacted him but did not hear right away so I also contacted eBay and they sent me  a label to return it. 

When he did answer, he was pretty nasty, called me some names for not realizing people could make a "type".  However he did refund, so make up your own minds. I'm not sure yet what I'm doing with feedback, I'm kind of going to wait and see if he apologizes. 

I did tell him that writing DJ (for dustjacket) and Hardcover, do not sound like typos. He claims he has no idea why it said hardcover, it should have said "softcover" . 
You really can't make this stuff up;) proceed with caution.

May someone kidnap his loved ones.  (Kidding, may someone kidnap him and then we get to see if anyone thinks he is worth getting back.)

If he is good enough for you to block, your word is good with me and I will block him too... 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

May someone kidnap his loved ones.  (Kidding, may someone kidnap him and then we get to see if anyone thinks he is worth getting back.)

If he is good enough for you to block, your word is good with me and I will block him too... 

She had me at I don't remember the last time I added someone.

Well, apparently I upset him, his 13 year old son (who is probably the one writing to me) and the manager of his multi million $$ auction business by asking if he knew the difference between the hard cover edition and the soft cover edition. BTW, I asked questions and for pictures of the dust jacket before purchasing. He had assured me there were no tears to the dust jacket.

He now says it's his "manager's" fault, that he copied and pasted from another auction.

He did finally apologize, but only after telling me I traumatized his 13 year old son, who is the only reason he's on eBay at all. The 13 year old who packs for him read my response and was terribly upset.

I did ask if his son has working papers...by that time, I just couldn't help myself.

He offered to "double my money" but I declined.

As I said, you just can't make this stuff up;) or maybe he can;) 

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Well, apparently I upset him, his 13 year old son (who is probably the one writing to me) and the manager of his multi million $$ auction business by asking if he knew the difference between the hard cover edition and the soft cover edition. BTW, I asked questions and for pictures of the dust jacket before purchasing. He had assured me there were no tears to the dust jacket.

He now says it's his "manager's" fault, that he copied and pasted from another auction.

He did finally apologize, but only after telling me I traumatized his 13 year old son, who is the only reason he's on eBay at all. The 13 year old who packs for him read my response and was terribly upset.

I did ask if his son has working papers...by that time, I just couldn't help myself.

Oh, I have gotten that before.  

I hope you are happy (boo hoo) you just ruined the experience that my ten year old had with their own birthday money.

I cry foul on things like that. 

Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh, I have gotten that before.  

I hope you are happy (boo hoo) you just ruined the experience that my ten year old had with their own birthday money.

I cry foul on things like that. 

Ridiculous. 

Thanks for telling me that, I feel better now.

I was wondering if maybe I was being too harsh, even though it sounded like a made up story.

Then he told me he was going to think about leaving me feedback, too...and he's got a 100 % rating (all 38 of them;) He likes to write, I'll say that;)

15 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

This sounds like my ex friend who said how traumatized his kids were to see him cry over something that his karate student did.  I was like, why did you do it in front of them?  WHY DID HE SHOW HIS SON THE MESSAGE.

5 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks for telling me that, I feel better now.

I was wondering if maybe I was being too harsh, even though it sounded like a made up story.

Then he told me he was going to think about leaving me feedback, too...and he's got a 100 % rating (all 38 of them;) He likes to write, I'll say that;)

The woman who wrote me that I ruined her son's birthday experience... 

I had sold an extra set of Lego Instructions that I had received.  This was before individuals scanned instructions and in recent years, Lego has been putting their own instructions online to the public.  Therefore people were selling instructions for complex sets that they pieced out or did not need.  So I sold the instructions for this set for about $20 and shipping. 

The listing's title said, instructions only.  The pictures were of the instructions and nothing more.  The description even noted that you are not getting any legos you are just getting instructions.   She received the package and a few days later wanted to return them saying item not described and that she was deceived.   She thought I was selling a $100 lego set for $15 + shipping...  She was either too stupid to read or she made photocopies and wanted to return it after making the copies. 

I save everything in an email folder called eBay drama and just went over the emails from 2009. 

She wrote me seeking a return and when I wouldn't take the return, she filed a claim and had the money withheld from my account.  I called PayPal and they decided in my favor.  She then went on a tirade that she was not scamming me, I scammed her 10 year from her birthday money.  I just checked up on her... she still seems to have problems with people judging by her feedback. 

Oh and feedback? 

She left me a negative... whoopdee doo... one call to eBay and that also got erased. 

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The woman who wrote me that I ruined her son's birthday experience... 

I had sold an extra set of Lego Instructions that I had received.  This was before individuals scanned instructions and in recent years, Lego has been putting their own instructions online to the public.  Therefore people were selling instructions for complex sets that they pieced out or did not need.  So I sold the instructions for this set for about $20 and shipping. 

The listing's title said, instructions only.  The pictures were of the instructions and nothing more.  The description even noted that you are not getting any legos you are just getting instructions.   She received the package and a few days later wanted to return them saying item not described and that she was deceived.   She thought I was selling a $100 lego set for $15 + shipping...  She was either too stupid to read or she made photocopies and wanted to return it after making the copies. 

I save everything in an email folder called eBay drama and just went over the emails from 2009. 

She wrote me seeking a return and when I wouldn't take the return, she filed a claim and had the money withheld from my account.  I called PayPal and they decided in my favor.  She then went on a tirade that she was not scamming me, I scammed her 10 year from her birthday money.  I just checked up on her... she still seems to have problems with people judging by her feedback. 

Oh and feedback? 

She left me a negative... whoopdee doo... one call to eBay and that also got erased. 

Ebay nit wits:  do not i repeat do not mess with Buzz.  you will lose.  And your son's bday bash will be much like a funeral.

21 minutes ago, kav said:

Ebay nit wits:  do not i repeat do not mess with Buzz.  you will lose.  And your son's bday bash will be much like a funeral.

This is the thing... it's not a me vs them thing.  If I screw up, then I will totally own it and do whatever it takes to make it better.  I can screw something up just like anyone else. 

However, I don't put a lot of text in my listings.  I make it very simple with the facts of the item clearly stated. 

If a buyer doesn't want to read then that is on them.  

If I was selling my PLOD ASM 14 this would be my listing:

• Title: Amazing Spider-man 14: 1st Green Goblin CGC 3.5 OW-White Restored
  • Description: Listing is for a copy of Amazing Spider-man 14 CGC 3.5 OW-White Restored
  • Restoration Includes Small Amount of Color Touch. 
  • Item has been owned by an adult collector in a pet free, smoke free, bed bug free, air conditioned home.  Your item will be double boxed with the bubbly stuff.  I ship comics out with the mindset of how I would want to receive them.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • NO Returns on CGC Books 

That's it.  There is no wall of text to hide caveats or disclaimers about not being a professional dealer or grader.  That is nonsense.  Just post the bare bones about the book and and some hi resolutions scans. 

Now if a buyer gets the book and says that they did not know the book was restored, then yeah, I am fighting that, and I am most likely going to win.  A person like this theoretical buyer should not get away with something like this because they are going to do it to someone else.  If I take the book back, I am NEVER doing business with this theoretical buyer again. If I don't take the book back the buyer is never doing business with me again.  Either way, the business relationship is fractured and irreparable.  I am NOT going to foster a culture where this theoretical buyer believes that this is the way to go and continues to do this to others.   That would be insane.  So yeah, I will fight on a $15 lego instruction case the same way I would fight for a $1000 item. 

Everyone complains about how buyers screw around with the eBay system.  Well, what is everyone doing about it?  Some people merely complain but do nothing.  I readily admit that I complain, but I am willing to at least try to plead my case and do something about it.  If I am not going to plead my case then who will? 

Edited by Buzzetta

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

If I was selling my PLOD ASM 14 this would be my listing:

• Title: Amazing Spider-man 14: 1st Green Goblin CGC 3.5 OW-White Restored
  • Description: Listing is for a copy of Amazing Spider-man 14 CGC 3.5 OW-White Restored
  • Restoration Includes Small Amount of Color Touch. 
  • Item has been owned by an adult collector in a pet free, smoke free, bed bug free, air conditioned home.  Your item will be double boxed with the bubbly stuff.  I ship comics out with the mindset of how I would want to receive them.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • NO Returns on CGC Books

Only thing I can think to add is "if you do not read this listing and try to initiate a return, YOU WILL LOSE".

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

where is this sheet stain from? is he in striking distance of me and a few brothers? the guy on the right can be very convincing about comic trans actions. LOL

20180602_141731 (3).jpg

Edited by DR.X

On 7/10/2019 at 11:15 PM, jokiing said:

Here's a strange twist.... I checked my listings tonight and this guy bid on 7 of my auctions.... still not a word. I wrote to say he needs to communicate and let me know what's going on... before I cancel his bids and block him.  (I was waiting for the non-payment case to close before the block.) .... What the what!

This transaction is twisting like a pretzel.... last day before non-payment claim closes he pays.... again, not a word from this dude. Ask if he wants me to hold off mailing until other auctions end tonight...silence of the man.

So now I'm kinda stuck having to continue dealing with this guy until auctions end.... I'll probably block him after the dust settles.... is it me or is this ebayer a bit creepy?

Heading to post office....

Remember folks to set your ebay so blocked bidders can message you so if they message and say why am I blocked you can google CGC and their ebay name, find the page that describes their behavior, and show them.  Its down at the bottom of this page:
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences