• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Remember folks to set your ebay so blocked bidders can message you so if they message and say why am I blocked you can google CGC and their ebay name, find the page that describes their behavior, and show them.  Its down at the bottom of this page:
https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Can’t wait for these new members to show up @kav :roflmao:

On 7/12/2019 at 8:52 PM, skypinkblu said:

I don't remember the last time I added someone to my blocked list, but I have a feeling this person has been around the block before under a different name.

foundbymurph

This was the title in his ad.

Famous First Editions #C-30 Hardcover Sensation Comics #1 w DJ Wonder Woman

This was his description

Famous First Editions #C-30 Hardcover Sensation Comics #1 w DJ Wonder Woman.

Very nice high grade copy.  See pics.

Check out my other auctions

Shipped with USPS Priority Mail

Today I received a regular (softcover) edition of the book, mailed media.  I contacted him but did not hear right away so I also contacted eBay and they sent me  a label to return it. 

When he did answer, he was pretty nasty, called me some names for not realizing people could make a "typo".  However he did refund, so make up your own minds. I'm not sure yet what I'm doing with feedback, I'm kind of going to wait and see if he apologizes. 

I did tell him that writing DJ (for dustjacket) and Hardcover, do not sound like typos. He claims he has no idea why it said hardcover, it should have said "softcover" . 
You really can't make this stuff up;) proceed with caution.

I’m currently having an issue with this guy! Wild. Came into this thread on a completely unrelated issue, to ask if it’s worth adding transaction cancellations to the list (winning bidder of my Punisher LS backed out immediately after auction win). 

Bought a mid-grade $9.99 copy of a SA Strange Adventures off of “foundbymurph”. He shipped it Media, but three weeks later still no book. No tracking info. input, so I asked him to track down the receipt. Apparently (according to him anyway), his wife mails his sales and keeps the receipts, but they “lost” this one somehow. To his credit, he did offer me a 150% refund, so I don’t think I’m being scammed out of $15. Still, really weird seeing his name pop up in this thread. 

(For what it’s worth, the buyer who backed out of my sale is pamen43.)

13 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

I’m currently having an issue with this guy! Wild. Came into this thread on a completely unrelated issue, to ask if it’s worth adding transaction cancellations to the list (winning bidder of my Punisher LS backed out immediately after auction win). 

Bought a mid-grade $9.99 copy of a SA Strange Adventures off of “foundbymurph”. He shipped it Media, but three weeks later still no book. No tracking info. input, so I asked him to track down the receipt. Apparently (according to him anyway), his wife mails his sales and keeps the receipts, but they “lost” this one somehow. To his credit, he did offer me a 150% refund, so I don’t think I’m being scammed out of $15. Still, really weird seeing his name pop up in this thread. 

(For what it’s worth, the buyer who backed out of my sale is pamen43.)

Sorry you had to deal with him.

He told me that his son was the one who did the mailing, the one I "traumatized". 

He offered me double the refund, I said no thank you.

I have not left feedback, but I am thinking of reporting him to eBay as I'm pretty sure he's the 13 year old.

Last night he sent this long apology, said he should not have cursed or blamed me, and on and on. I have a feeling his parents saw his initial response. Then he told me to keep the book, but I had already mailed it.

I have reams of messages from this guy, I told him to leave me alone. He kept asking if "we cool"?

Edited by skypinkblu
left a word out

On 7/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, DR.X said:

where is this sheet stain from? is he in striking distance of me and a few brothers? the guy on the right can be very convincing about comic trans actions. LOL

20180602_141731 (3).jpg

Very cute picture ...and thanks...;) but I think I'll save the favor for when I can't handle it myself;) Maybe the phone company or something;) 

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Sorry you had to deal with him.

He told me that his son was the one who did the mailing, the one I "traumatized". 

He offered me double the refund, I said no thank you.

I have not left feedback, but I am thinking of reporting him to eBay as I'm pretty sure he's the 13 year old.

Last night he sent this long apology, said he should not have cursed or blamed me, and on and on. I have a feeling his parents saw his response. Then he told me to keep the book, but I had already mailed it.

I have reams of messages from this guy, I told him to leave me alone.

SO WEIRD. We had a number of exchanges last night as well, including a lengthy apology! So the guy threw both his son AND wife under the bus? Or do you think it’s a dad covering for his son’s inept eBay selling? Or is it a man using his fam as scapegoats? 

2 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

SO WEIRD. We had a number of exchanges last night as well, including a lengthy apology! So the guy threw both his son AND wife under the bus? Or do you think it’s a dad covering for his son’s inept eBay selling? Or is it a man using his fam as scapegoats? 

No, I think HE is the 13 year old. 
Did he tell  you he had a million $$ auction business? 

I'll pm you the apology, maybe he's cutting and pasting, lol.

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

No, I think HE is the 13 year old. 
Did he tell  you he had a million $$ auction business? 

I'll pm you the apology, maybe he's cutting and pasting, lol.

Just read this after I read the PM. By "million $$ auction business" he actually means "I'm broke and selling everything of value in my garage."

"storm_shadow_76" aka "nimales_0" (Both from Greece)

Incident (Fun story time) 

• Buyer from Greece who I dealt with once before wanted to purchase a $45 GI Joe figure asking if I could lower the price to $40.  Told him 'no'.
  • He asked if I could take additional pictures, which I did. 
  • At this point by coincidence (it may have been related or it may have not) someone messaged me telling me the price was too high and that he would only pay $35. 
  • I thought that was weird so I raised the price to $50 to see what would happen. 
  • Original buyer from Greece said he was okay with it but asked if I would reconsider to sell him the figure at $40.  He noticed that I raised it to $50
  • I said, 'no' the price is $45 but sent him an offer for the figure at $45 explaining I was having a problem with another party interested in the figure. 
  • He asked for an additional picture of the hand.  I complied and took additional pictures to show the hand. 
  • He said he would buy it but asked again to reconsider a change in price. 
  • I wrote him that I reconsidered the price and raised the price to $50. 

I honestly felt something was off about this guy and looked at his history and realized I had dealt with him before and something was off back then as well.  I figured that once he received it he would either: 

• declare there was a defect and ask for some money back 
  • declare it was broken and ask for the whole purchase price back

As expected and admittedly by design he went berserk which was fine since I already blocked him.

Messages went back and forth, he accused me of trying to steal from him.  He denied saying and asking things (which was weird since I told him I clearly had saved the messages) I got annoyed and told him that the schools in Greece must have failed him because reading comprehension is not his strength.  (Yeah, I should not have said that.)  He called me a racist for saying that.  I didn't like that which further solidified my thoughts on his schooling since he obviously did not know what the word racist is. (Probably should not have said that either.)

Last night a new ID that was JUST created from Greece, bought the figure. 

eBay rep agreed with me and told me to cancel it because there is something wrong with the buyer's address.  They also told me that I might want to block all of Greece. 

So... the entire nation of Greece is blocked from buying from me.  I took the figure down.   Now, no-one gets to buy it. 

23 hours ago, mattn792 said:

He probably would’ve asked to pay in drachmas too.

I wonder if he was involved in the earthquake as I have not gotten any further messages.  That happened shortly after I cancelled the sale. 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

Incident (Fun story time) 

• Buyer from Greece who I dealt with once before wanted to purchase a $45 GI Joe figure asking if I could lower the price to $40.  Told him 'no'.
  • He asked if I could take additional pictures, which I did. 
  • At this point by coincidence (it may have been related or it may have not) someone messaged me telling me the price was too high and that he would only pay $35. 
  • I thought that was weird so I raised the price to $50 to see what would happen. 
  • Original buyer from Greece said he was okay with it but asked if I would reconsider to sell him the figure at $40.  He noticed that I raised it to $50
  • I said, 'no' the price is $45 but sent him an offer for the figure at $45 explaining I was having a problem with another party interested in the figure. 
  • He asked for an additional picture of the hand.  I complied and took additional pictures to show the hand. 
  • He said he would buy it but asked again to reconsider a change in price. 
  • I wrote him that I reconsidered the price and raised the price to $50. 

I honestly felt something was off about this guy and looked at his history and realized I had dealt with him before and something was off back then as well.  I figured that once he received it he would either: 

• declare there was a defect and ask for some money back 
  • declare it was broken and ask for the whole purchase price back

As expected and admittedly by design he went berserk which was fine since I already blocked him.

Messages went back and forth, he accused me of trying to steal from him.  He denied saying and asking things (which was weird since I told him I clearly had saved the messages) I got annoyed and told him that the schools in Greece must have failed him because reading comprehension is not his strength.  (Yeah, I should not have said that.)  He called me a racist for saying that.  I didn't like that which further solidified my thoughts on his schooling since he obviously did not know what the word racist is. (Probably should not have said that either.)

Last night a new ID that was JUST created from Greece, bought the figure. 

eBay rep agreed with me and told me to cancel it because there is something wrong with the buyer's address.  They also told me that I might want to block all of Greece. 

So... the entire nation of Greece is blocked from buying from me.  I took the figure down.   Now, no-one gets to buy it. 

well seriously, will you take $40.00 for it, and end this nightmare once and for all?  :jokealert:

20 hours ago, DR.X said:

well seriously, will you take $40.00 for it, and end this nightmare once and for all?  :jokealert:

lol I thought about posting it for $40 just to sell it and be done with it... but I put it away for now in the drawer... I am going to try and list $500-$1000 in GI Joe and assorted things today. 

Edited by Buzzetta

I had an auction end with one bid, and got this message after a couple of days: "Apologies, but could you please cancel the transaction. I found the issue in my local comic shop, and bought it figuring I would not win the auction because I was the first and only bidder so far. So sorry for any inconvenience."
You thought you wouldn't win because so far you're the only one that has shown interest? Anyway, I didn't respond to the message and I'd been debating whether to file a non-payment, or just let it go, and then the buyer ended up paying, without sending a follow up message. Odd

On 7/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, jokiing said:

This transaction is twisting like a pretzel.... last day before non-payment claim closes he pays.... again, not a word from this dude. Ask if he wants me to hold off mailing until other auctions end tonight...silence of the man.

So now I'm kinda stuck having to continue dealing with this guy until auctions end.... I'll probably block him after the dust settles.... is it me or is this ebayer a bit creepy?

Heading to post office....

Maybe he doesn't speak English? Some people are just bad communicators.

41 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe he doesn't speak English? Some people are just bad communicators.

That is true, but turns out he does speak English and miraculously he sent a message after having various bids and wins over a two week period. Needed to hold off paying until the end of this week, which I am OK with.

Maybe he learned a lesson when the last batch that he won went into non-payment cycle.... he paid for those on the last day before penalty phase. I don't mind working with buyers, but not responding to half a dozen messages is a bit weird.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I had an auction end with one bid, and got this message after a couple of days: "Apologies, but could you please cancel the transaction. I found the issue in my local comic shop, and bought it figuring I would not win the auction because I was the first and only bidder so far. So sorry for any inconvenience."
You thought you wouldn't win because so far you're the only one that has shown interest? Anyway, I didn't respond to the message and I'd been debating whether to file a non-payment, or just let it go, and then the buyer ended up paying, without sending a follow up message. Odd

Uh-oh. 

Call me paranoid but I wonder if he suddenly decided to buy your copy, compare it with the LCS copy, decide which is best and send you back the under-copy for a refund. 

Hopefully he just realized it was less of a hassle just to pay for it. 

:wishluck:

33 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Uh-oh. 

Call me paranoid but I wonder if he suddenly decided to buy your copy, compare it with the LCS copy, decide which is best and send you back the under-copy for a refund. 

Hopefully he just realized it was less of a hassle just to pay for it. 

:wishluck:

That occurred to me. It's only a $10 sale, so doing that would probably be a hassle to bother with on the buyer's end too.

20 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That occurred to me. It's only a $10 sale, so doing that would probably be a hassle to bother with on the buyer's end too.

Never underestimate the pettiness of eBay buyers.