• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,590 posts in this topic

Another "winner" to add to the list...

zuluoutdoors

"I am sorry, however my paypal account and mastercard have been compromised. Currently I am unable to pay for this item. In order not to have a case opened against me I would like to request you cancel this order. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I messaged him back and as he is a Canadian, I said I could accept e-transfer, mark it as payment received and he would still be protected by. No response, so to save myself some grief, I just cancelled, blocked and moved on, but figure I would share.

He still has items for sale, so I wonder if his PayPal is compromised, how is he going to get paid? Hmmm. Oh and his feedback as a seller is horrid.

Avoid.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

6 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Another "winner" to add to the list...

zuluoutdoors

"I am sorry, however my paypal account and mastercard have been compromised. Currently I am unable to pay for this item. In order not to have a case opened against me I would like to request you cancel this order. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I messaged him back and as he is a Canadian, I said I could accept e-transfer, mark it as payment received and he would still be protected by. No response, so to save myself some grief, I just cancelled, blocked and moved on, but figure I would share.

He still has items for sale, so I wonder if his PayPal is compromised, how is he going to get paid? Hmmm. Oh and his feedback as a seller is horrid.

Avoid.

Thanks... Heard that one before. I actually had a buyer ask if he could pay by the end of the following week. I appreciated the message and he did pay and sent a message after, apologizing, saying that his account was hacked and restricted and couldn't pay until restriction was lifted.... so I guess it could happen, but not an excuse to ask for order cancellation.

Hello yes pls could you cancel my order-my cat made the bid and also my paypal is locked plus I was hacked and my son made the bid.

Plus I'm in the hospital and my mom is in the hospital.  Plus the hurricane.

Thx

Edited by kav

4 hours ago, kav said:

Hello yes pls could you cancel my order-my cat made the bid and also my paypal is locked plus I was hacked and my son made the bid.

Plus I'm in the hospital and my mom is in the hospital.  Plus the hurricane.

Thx

Hello Mr. Buyer -

Please enlighten me as to which hurricane struck Wichita, Kansas?

Thx.

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Hello Mr. Buyer -

Please enlighten me as to which hurricane struck Wichita, Kansas?

Thx.

oh it was a local small but deadly hurricane either that or it was when we were on vacation in Florida.  One or the other-

28 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

Two more to add to the block list

brlin7817  (non paying bidder)

xtrunkstang99gt    Requested cancelation minutes after winning auction.  Bid my item up to $140, then claimed his account had been compromised.  Hmm.  There's a LOT of that going around lately.

tell him sorry your account has also been compromised-you cannot cancel only open non paying bidder case-

winning bidder of an auction asked to cancel 35 minutes after it ended

da-durra

when asked why he asked to cancel his response

It’s the wrong black costume issue . I’m getting a gift. I think you’ll get more money if you reposted though . Most nice issues are going close to 150 just for a raw gradable copy.

21 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

winning bidder of an auction asked to cancel 35 minutes after it ended

da-durra

when asked why he asked to cancel his response

It’s the wrong black costume issue . I’m getting a gift. I think you’ll get more money if you reposted though . Most nice issues are going close to 150 just for a raw gradable copy.

I love that he’s trying to act like he’s doing you a favor and that you’ll make more money this way... lol.

Just now, wiparker824 said:

I love that he’s trying to act like he’s doing you a favor and that you’ll make more money this way... lol.

I told him it's not about the money but that i wasted 7 days for that auction to end and now have to wait another 7 days

his response

eBay7?euid=e159e89221de422183f488d3f8a86f04&

New message from: da-durra (53Blue Star)

Well I’m sorry but people make mistakes. I don’t know what else I can do but apologize for the inconvenience. Better you find out now though, rather then to have to do a return later.

15 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

his response

eBay7?euid=e159e89221de422183f488d3f8a86f04&

New message from: da-durra (53Blue Star)

Well I’m sorry but people make mistakes. I don’t know what else I can do but apologize for the inconvenience. Better you find out now though, rather then to have to do a return later.

I can think of something you can do besides apologize... pay for the item you committed to paying for and take responsibility for the mistake you made. It’s interactions like this that I blame for books piling up in my stack of books I intend to sell but never get around to actually listing, well that and laziness on my part.

22 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

xtrunkstang99gt    Requested cancelation minutes after winning auction.  Bid my item up to $140, then claimed his account had been compromised.  Hmm.  There's a LOT of that going around lately.

My account has been compromised as well.... seems I can not longer accept bids from user names starting with x and it's spreading like a virus.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Let me add to the pile.

image.png.36c4404c5c9002f9e3820c6fca2dae59.png

Sent this guy 4 invoices on a BIN and he totally ignored them.
My first non paying bidder in at least a year.

How many strikes does it take before they pull his seller account?

About 137,000.  eBay doesn’t give an excrement.