• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2019 at 1:48 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Cowdog95. And I’m a buyer (99% of the time) not a seller. The whole Comic Market Form (Advertising) on the CGC Chat boards is a run around eBay. So if you are you are truly as righteous as you are trying to come across you should petition the CGC moderators to get rid of that. 

That is not correct.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

If you have used eBay's message system to get a better price for something off eBay, then you have stolen from eBay

Just like walking into a store and using the store's resources...that is, the store's employees...to get information on an item which you have no intention of actually buying at the store.

And do not misunderstand: there is no one in this world who hates eBay more, and hopes they fail in magnificent fashion for their endless fraud for two+ decades now, than me. 

I respect your opinion. However I’d would like your take on an alternate scenario which is similar but not the same, which was a point I was trying to make. If you use eBay as a resource and find a slab you want and notice the seller is another online retailer, say MCS. Instead of buying it through eBay you go to MCS online site to buy it then by your assessment that would be stealing also since you found it first on eBay (i.e. you used eBay as a resource to find what you wanted)? 

Edited by Xenosmilus

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

I am fine with your opinion. However I’d would like your take on an alternate scenario which is similar but not the same, which was a point I was trying to make. If you use eBay as a resource and find a slab you want and notice the seller is another online retailer, say MCS. Instead of buying it through eBay you go to MCS online site to buy it then by your assessment that would be stealing also since you found it first on eBay (i.e. you used eBay as a resource to find what you wanted)? 

It's not an opinion, any more than calling walking into a grocery store and eating the food without paying for it stealing is an opinion.

Turtle has already explained this more than adequately. I'm not going to have a different answer for you.

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's not an opinion, any more than calling walking into a grocery store and eating the food without paying for it stealing is an opinion.

Turtle has already explained this more than adequately. I'm not going to have a different answer for you.

Eating something at a store and not paying is not a similar analogy. Trying on  a shirt at the mall and then buying it on Amazon would be a better anology. Which I have done too :roflmao:If that makes me a scumbag so be it.

Again, none of you guys have addressed the MCS scenario which is a “passive” way of by passing eBay and I assume most everyone does. And by your definition would be stealing also.

4 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Eating something at a store and not paying is not a similar analogy. Trying on  a shirt at the mall and then buying it on Amazon would be a better anology. Which I have done too :roflmao:If that makes me a scumbag so be it.

Again, none of you guys have addressed the MCS scenario which is a “passive” way of by passing eBay and I assume most everyone does. And by your definition would be stealing also.

No, that is your misunderstanding of someone's definition.

I'll quote Turtle:

If you'd like to talk about other scenarios, start up another thread and I'll be happy to join in.  Trying to change the variables to alter the scenario being discussed in this thread only serves to distract from the subject at hand and I don't wish to derail that as I find this kind of calling out valuable on these boards.

That's still applicable.

38 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I respect your opinion. However I’d would like your take on an alternate scenario which is similar but not the same, which was a point I was trying to make. If you use eBay as a resource and find a slab you want and notice the seller is another online retailer, say MCS. Instead of buying it through eBay you go to MCS online site to buy it then by your assessment that would be stealing also since you found it first on eBay (i.e. you used eBay as a resource to find what you wanted)? 

Ok, I've done this several times, If I see the ebay seller is MCS or Dave and Adam, I go to their site and buy it. It's cheaper, and it ships faster. I don't consider it "stealing" 
I've also bought books on Ebay where the seller included information about their own site when they ship the book they sold me on Ebay, and from that point on I deal directly with them through their site.

5 hours ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

Ok, I've done this several times, If I see the ebay seller is MCS or Dave and Adam, I go to their site and buy it. It's cheaper, and it ships faster. I don't consider it "stealing" 
I've also bought books on Ebay where the seller included information about their own site when they ship the book they sold me on Ebay, and from that point on I deal directly with them through their site.

Absolutely. No one is under any obligation to buy through a particular site. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:51 AM, Xenosmilus said:

I think offering to deal outside ebay is not some moral crime-it's just dumb as the buyer and seller both have no ebay protection if the deal goes sour.  Is it wrong?  Yes.  But so is Jaywalking.  Many of the people outraged about how "wrong" it is to 'cheat' ebay out of  a few bucks are the same ones who say ebay sucks, and has cheated them with their 'fraudulent, corrupt, illegal' behavior!

Edited by kav

11 minutes ago, kav said:

I think offering to deal outside ebay is not some moral crime-it's just dumb as the buyer and seller both have no ebay protection if the deal goes sour.  Is it wrong?  Yes.  But so is Jaywalking.  Many of the people outraged about how "wrong" it is to 'cheat' ebay out of  a few bucks are the same ones who say ebay sucks, and has cheated them with their 'fraudulent, corrupt, illegal' behavior!

PayPal has protection ;-)

10 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

PayPal has protection ;-)

True but ebay is another layer of protection and there are other ways of paying outside paypal.

Also there are people who have been cheated, both buyers and sellers, and Paypal ruled against them.  Ebay can rule against you too but at least if you stay within ebay you have 2 bites of the apple.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

If you have used eBay's message system to get a better price for something off eBay, then you have stolen from eBay

Just like walking into a store and using the store's resources...that is, the store's employees...to get information on an item which you have no intention of actually buying at the store.

And do not misunderstand: there is no one in this world who hates eBay more, and hopes they fail in magnificent fashion for their endless fraud for two+ decades now, than me. 

eBay steals from all of us, so I really couldn't care less.

@RockMyAmadeus in an attempt to relieve your confused reaction, I was referencing eBay's exorbitant fees.

As mentioned before - I'm sure it's against their ToS, but I couldn't care less. Listing fees, FMV fees, etc. I'm lookin' out for #1 as both a seller and a buyer.

You may be a morally-outstanding individual who appeals to all authority, but I am not. lol

I haven't heard this one in a while....

nikd6069_siw1jmfr62 (feedback 0) purchased my BATMAN 423 over a week ago but hasn't paid yet.

When I asked him when payment will be made, he responds with "Hi, sorry I just noticed this. It was my 9 year old son f**king around. Can you cancel it please. I'm really sorry."

LOL yeah okay, whatever....he's a new addition to my blocked user list.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:33 AM, CAMPER49 said:

I haven't heard this one in a while....

nikd6069_siw1jmfr62 (feedback 0) purchased my BATMAN 423 over a week ago but hasn't paid yet.

When I asked him when payment will be made, he responds with "Hi, sorry I just noticed this. It was my 9 year old son f**king around. Can you cancel it please. I'm really sorry."

LOL yeah okay, whatever....he's a new addition to my blocked user list.

Tell him "Yeah the my son (it's never my daughter for some reason) excuse has been done to death-pls at least provide something more original and I will be happy to cancel-" lol