EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
56 56

5,995 posts in this topic

7,474 posts

Joys of eBay, right? I guess I'll know more when I receive the book back, which I'm not expecting to be the IH 181. I've been directed to call eBay and speak to High Value Claims department. What happens then, I have no idea. As new developments happen, I'll be sure to post them. 

One thing I will definitely be doing if the book does not come back is alerting any comic shops/pawn shops in New Bedford, MA area about the book and its serial number.

2,977 posts
2 hours ago, Gaard said:

How can Ebay make an informed decision either way? It's not like either one of you can prove he got the right book?

One more reason not to use eBay to sell items that are this valuable.  Selling on consignment with a reputable dealer gets you the indirect added benefit of said dealer having insurance and lawyers in place to deal with situations like this.

39 posts

After reading that guy's message to you.....I can tell he's lying. The line where he says "I paid you more than enough money for that book" tells me everything I need to know about this guy. Who would use a line like that if they had just been ripped off. Ebay should be able to see directly thru this guy......but the question is will they do anything about it.

7,091 posts
On 11/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

They sent me a mail telling me that it was removed becauae the delay was customs not me.  On this case the sending them an email worked better for me than calling them 

Using Global Shipping via eBay?

2,847 posts
43 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Using Global Shipping via eBay?

No , they don't have that program in Mexico. 

2,853 posts
On 11/15/2019 at 8:07 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Joys of eBay, right? I guess I'll know more when I receive the book back, which I'm not expecting to be the IH 181. I've been directed to call eBay and speak to High Value Claims department. What happens then, I have no idea. As new developments happen, I'll be sure to post them. 

One thing I will definitely be doing if the book does not come back is alerting any comic shops/pawn shops in New Bedford, MA area about the book and its serial number.

I would film the opening of the box, preferably at the Post Office or with the mail man witnessing you open it.

2,977 posts
1 minute ago, aszumilo said:

I would film the opening of the box, preferably at the Post Office or with the mail man witnessing you open it.

He was the seller :gossip:

2,853 posts
57 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

He was the seller :gossip:

I know that, I was talking about when he gets the book back.

2,977 posts
7 hours ago, aszumilo said:

I know that, I was talking about when he gets the book back.

Good call, my bad doh!

7,474 posts

"Buyer" has just dropped the item in the mail for return. A day before the deadline to return. Will provide updates and figure out next steps when it arrives.

922 posts
15 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

"Buyer" has just dropped the item in the mail for return. A day before the deadline to return. Will provide updates and figure out next steps when it arrives.

:wishluck:

2,977 posts
15 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

:wishluck:

I second that.

7,474 posts

Well...One quick bummer update for everyone. On the bright side, it will be a learning experience for others.

I called Collectibles Insurance Services to find out what my next steps should be if the book does not come back. Turns out they will cover loss and damage by the shipping service after you sell a book out of your collection, but they do not cover fraud or scams such as this.

So yeah, just be aware of that...

231 posts

@awakeintheashes, were you able to contact the local authorities of this d-bag to see if there was anything else that could be done?  I think that was mentioned in a prior post as a potential option.

7,474 posts
7 minutes ago, mec3437 said:

@awakeintheashes, were you able to contact the local authorities of this d-bag to see if there was anything else that could be done?  I think that was mentioned in a prior post as a potential option.

Not yet. I will if the book I sold him does not come back. Thanks for the tips.

56,516 posts

21cent-50

Made an offer for a book, I countered, they countered, I accepted..and 5 minutes later, asked to cancel.

Time waster.

20,555 posts

Some more non-paying bidders to add to your block list

dmoconn

four_corners_guitar_emporium

rozippere-0

No attempt to communicate or pay for items won