• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Did you call the local police up there yet? Its worth a try.

I contacted my local police department tonight after it was officially stolen. My local PD filed a report and contacted/transmitted the report to the local police in New Bedford, MA. I plan to call the New Bedford, MA PD tomorrow to follow up to make sure everything was reported correctly and see what I can get them to do.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:37 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Have to let the return process play out and then get in touch with High Value Claims dept. and go from there if needed. 

Does it really matter how it was shipped in this case if the buyer is claiming the wrong book? I was trying to think of a secure way to ship which is registered, but if they claim the wrong book then it wouldn't matter would it?

Edited by fastballspecial

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Does it really matter how it was shipped in this case if the buyer is claiming the wrong book? I was trying to think of a secure
way to ship which is registered, but if they claim the wrong book then it wouldn't matter would it?

Nope, wouldn't matter at all, which is why I'm confident he's done this before.

If he shipped back the book he says he received and photographed, that's good enough for eBay.

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, gregreece said:

@awakeintheashes

Please consider leaving follow up feedback. "This guy switched books on me". Something to that effect. Right now he looks like a low feedback, but rock solid ebay buyer. 

Best,

Greg

Great point. Thanks! 

Left the follow up, but I’m unable to see it. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, gregreece said:

@awakeintheashes

Please consider leaving follow up feedback. "This guy switched books on me". Something to that effect. Right now he looks like a low feedback, but rock solid ebay buyer. 

Best,

Greg

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Great point. Doing that now. 

perhaps mention that it was an IH 181? and that it is a "big book" :shy: I'm not sure but I thought that "item details" were no longer available after a certain amount of time....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Do the receipts still show the weight of the packages? When selling years ago on the bay I had a similar situation but not comic related. EBay sided with the buyer when they returned less then what was purchased from me as all they were looking for was a tracking number that said a box made it back to me. I then told the eBay rep to look at the weight on each receipt. Obviously a slabbed book is heavier then some dollar comic in a bag and board. 

22 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Great point. Thanks! 

Left the follow up, but I’m unable to see it. 

I did the same yesterday on someone who filed a bogus return but can't see my new comment either.  Do our follow-ups just go into the digital trash bin now?  Wouldn't put it past fleeBay to stealthily disable the feature.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:01 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

I am adding this clown thecomiccollector66  Barton Nunnelly

Shipped him a book Oct 7, the package went to customs and no updates since Oct 22 

• Oct 22, 2019
  • 5:44am
  • Inbound Out of Customs

He oppened a case without reaching me first , i refund him and he leaves me negative feedback 

I have an update for this case , the book arrived and the buyer is refusing to pay me back claiming that it took too much time... So thecomiccollector66 Barton Nunnelly is not only an abusive buyer but also a thief 

Imagen1.png.89430840e73f2480763df244bde55505.png

Edited by Mijael.Levy

5 hours ago, Comicshows said:

Do the receipts still show the weight of the packages? When selling years ago on the bay I had a similar situation but not comic related. EBay sided with the buyer when they returned less then what was purchased from me as all they were looking for was a tracking number that said a box made it back to me. I then told the eBay rep to look at the weight on each receipt. Obviously a slabbed book is heavier then some dollar comic in a bag and board. 

Yes.  The receipts do show the weight.  It should also be on the postage label that the scammer used when he made his fraudulent return.

On 11/22/2019 at 9:43 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks. The swapped out X-Men #11 was retuned by the seller. I spoke with eBay and was told to file a police report because it will help with the appeals process, which sounds like they've decided to side with the buyer. Nothing official...just sounded that way.

A police report was filed tonight with my local police department, who will then transmit it to the New Bedford, MA police. I am going to investigate if I can file with the USPS investigative arm.

If anybody buys on Facebook, especially in the New Bedford, MA area, watch out for Ryan Smith hawking an Incredible Hulk #181 with the serial number 2059999001. 

I have also reported the buyer for abuse of the eBay return policy. I'm not sure how much that will help, but any little bit helps I guess.

It's official, eBay sided with the buyer. I have appealed the case and will be uploading the police report tonight. If all goes well, eBay will at least cover my loss. I'm still out the book and knowing this jerk got one over on me, but one thing at a time, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

There seems to be crime rings of these characters.  From some of the cases that came to light, it appears that they don't tend to sell the product in the same state, but move it elsewhere.  My fingers are still crossed for you--- 

Yeah, best I can do is spread the word and serial number. That and hope buyers even care.

@awakeintheashes

Just a few questions. 

Did you give the buyer initial feedback after he paid? Did your original listing allow for returns? Are you sure Ebay allows a listing to only be seen by members with a certain amount of feedback? I don't see that setting. 

I didn't know about "follow up" feedback? I thought you were only allowed to give feedback once. Anyway where would that "follow up" option be available since I don't see it on the app?

Everybody's pulling for you!!! 

I was thinking after reading about these nightmare situations with Ebay  about the possibility of the boards here providing some kind of insurance pool with contributions from the board members who sell on Ebay. I have no idea how it would work or the mechanics of it or even the legality but just a thought that crossed my mind. I mean we all should have each other's backs somehow since we share this hobby! We all know how unreliable Ebay is with these types of shenanigans 

9 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

@awakeintheashes

I didn't know about "follow up" feedback? I thought you were only allowed to give feedback once. Anyway where would that "follow up" option be available since I don't see it on the app?

Here's the ebay link to follow-up feedback..... If you go to help on ebay and type feedback you'll find this info.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=4102&st=3&pos=2&query=Replying to feedback you received for an item you sold&intent=feedback&lucenceai=lucenceai

16 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

@awakeintheashes

Just a few questions. 

Are you sure Ebay allows a listing to only be seen by members with a certain amount of feedback? I don't see that setting. 

Mouse over your name top left... click "Account Settings" ... under Account Preferences click Site Preferences ... go down to "Buyer's Requirements" and click Edit.... make it so...

On 11/24/2019 at 10:15 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

I have an update for this case , the book arrived and the buyer is refusing to pay me back claiming that it took too much time... So thecomiccollector66 Barton Nunnelly is not only an abusive buyer but also a thief 

Imagen1.png.89430840e73f2480763df244bde55505.png

Hmm this guy lives 10 miles south of me or so.