• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, Blastaar said:

The book was not separated from the cover....just had a small gap between the spine and pages like most large omnibus do, was also shown in one of the six pictures. It was also never read so that speaks to the condition of it. Didn't brush the buyer off, he wanted a refund....it states nor refunds. Last of it, peace and chicken grease. 

"Last of it, peace and chicken grease" and you still did not post a link to the item or give the ebay item number.  Is that so hard?  You ask "worthy of a ban?" 

The answer is now no,  not on the buyer's part. 

13 hours ago, boatfund said:

"Last of it, peace and chicken grease" and you still did not post a link to the item or give the ebay item number.  Is that so hard?  You ask "worthy of a ban?" 

The answer is now no,  not on the buyer's part. 

"Never read" is a phrase that has no meaning in the comics world. It is an implication of high grade, and nothing more. There are books that have been read that are 9.8s or higher, and books that have been never read that are 3.0s. If the books were damaged, and that damage wasn't explicitly shown or explained, whether "it states no refunds" is irrelevant, and insisting on it after stating that the buyer had an issue with condition leads me to believe the seller is hiding something.

For $12, you can ship a Priority Rate 'A' box, which holds up to 15 pounds. That's a lot of packaging/protection!

I ship F-R envelopes for $9.  and they have as much cardboard & protection as I can get in the thing.

No excuse for that seller. Good luck!

-slym

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Never read" is a phrase that has no meaning in the comics world. It is an implication of high grade, and nothing more. There are books that have been read that are 9.8s or higher, and books that have been never read that are 3.0s. If the books were damaged, and that damage wasn't explicitly shown or explained, whether "it states no refunds" is irrelevant, and insisting on it after stating that the buyer had an issue with condition leads me to believe the seller is hiding something.

I guess you will just have to take my word as a member of this community that I am being honest and not hiding anything. That and over 250 comic related items sold with 100% positive feedback. Little shocked at the backlash honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

I guess you will just have to take my word as a member of this community that I am being honest and not hiding anything. That and over 250 comic related items sold with 100% positive feedback. Little shocked at the backlash honestly. 

You won't show the community the evidence. That looks like you're hiding something.

The community...the REAL community, not the posers who seek to impose their own ideas of what this community is or is composed of...doesn't like to make judgments without seeing all sides of an issue. That's the risk you take when you bring an issue to the community: it may not see things the way you do. When I bring such an issue, I try to be as absolutely transparent as possible, so that even if people don't agree, at least they have all the information from which to decide.

No one....not even the most established, respected member....should expect people to just take them at their word in a dispute.

Do you have a reason for withholding the listing? (That's a neutral question; you may have an excellent reason.)

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

40 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You won't show the community the evidence. That looks like you're hiding something.

The community...the REAL community, not the posers who seek to impose their own ideas of what this community is or is composed of...doesn't like to make judgments without seeing all sides of an issue. That's the risk you take when you bring an issue to the community: it may not see things the way you do. When I bring such an issue, I try to be as absolutely transparent as possible, so that even if people don't agree, at least they have all the information from which to decide.

No one....not even the most established, respected member....should expect people to just take them at their word in a dispute.

Do you have a reason for withholding the listing? (That's a neutral question; you may have an excellent reason.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SelfAwarewolves/

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, Blastaar said:

:ohnoez:

I dont even know why I posted, make your case @Blastaar nobody asks permission in this thread, some just put the name and a short description. You are not alone, but they do it unapologetically. Good for you, for wanting instruction :)

It's the same issue as the, "this slab looks funny, or has a couple of scuffs!"

People here post those in here from time to time, it's a case by case basis. If you feel that you haven't made your case fully, then of course your left wondering why "others" dont get the big picture....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You were asked legitimate questions by multiple board members, and thus far, you've refused to answer them, and have refused to show the listing. No one is apologizing to you; people are trying to help you understand why being so secretive about this situation makes you, not the buyer, look suspicious. The goal is to not look suspicious. 

Since you don't appear to have any interest in being transparent, I'll wish you good luck in your endeavors.

In his defense, you may have missed the post but he did state the issue the buyer complained about was shown in one of the pics. A link to the listing would immediately answer any and all questions though. I’ve never banned or blocked anyone. Though honestly a few sellers have blocked me because I want what I paid for and not some damaged trash because they couldn’t be bothered to package properly. 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You were asked legitimate questions by multiple board members, and thus far, you've refused to answer them, and have refused to show the listing. No one is apologizing to you; people are trying to help you understand why being so secretive about this situation makes you, not the buyer, look suspicious. The goal is to not look suspicious. 

Since you don't appear to have any interest in being transparent, I'll wish you good luck in your endeavors.

I don't like to post my personal info and was just looking for advice. Guess that makes me how you say a "poser". You also tried to portray me as unethical and less than honest. I just assumed you were going to apologize at some point was just thanking you ahead of time. 

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

You have misread (or been misinformed.) My "poser" comment had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you (or, indeed, your whole situation.) Instead of asking me, however, you assumed it was aimed at you (as oh so many here do), and assumed malintent where there was none. 

Are you going to apologize to me for your erroneous assumption...? 

I'm not sure how your eBay id and the listing in question is "personal info." If you refuse to share a public listing on eBay, you have to admit that it does raise questions, don't you think...?

Beware of those offering you advice "in private"...

I apologize for my erroneous assumption.