• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Usually they are priced lowish and never ship, kind of like some comic listings from China....I think they just try to get the money and run.

I've never seen a successful transaction :foryou: 

had plenty of sales to russia - never an issue - but all low value items

Here's another deadbeat to add to the list:

briapasco

He made on offer on a copy of Betty #186 on December 22, which I accepted. This was followed by radio silence, even after I sent multiple messages and invoices. After about two weeks, on 4 January, I opened an unpaid item case, which he has ignored.

I closed the case today. Ebay says "You will receive a final value fee credit and the unpaid item will be recorded on the buyer's account."

He is not a noob who doesn't know his way around ebay, but a reasonably high volume buyer and seller with feedback over 2700, so this seems to be pretty deliberate.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Usually they are priced lowish and never ship, kind of like some comic listings from China....I think they just try to get the money and run.

I've never seen a successful transaction :foryou: 

I receive about 3/5 of the items I order from China.  About 2/5 are collect and run type things.  I order anyway and let eBay deal with the nonsense and issue the refund.  They can either keep China off of their site or continue issuing guaranteed money. For example I just placed three orders for custom Lego minifigs on eBay from Chinese vendors.  Two orders say they are en route.  One order has already been erased by eBay... so will call on Monday to get them to issue me a refund. 

https://www.ebay.com/usr/stebbins_j

Stebbins_j

He had a pretty full eBay store shortly before the holidays.   He took everyone's money and then ran.   Postage labels were submitted but no movement.  eBay feedback slipped from 100% to 79% since the last week in December as he has received MANY negatives from similar buyers.   However, when I called PayPal to get the ball rolling they let is slip that the money is being held in his account.  When I asked if that meant that the money had not been withdrawn. They said, "umm uhhh... well..." 

So... maybe the guy got hit by a bus before he sent everyone's stuff out. Either way... I want my $76 back. 

14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/stebbins_j

Stebbins_j

He had a pretty full eBay store shortly before the holidays.   He took everyone's money and then ran.   Postage labels were submitted but no movement.  eBay feedback slipped from 100% to 79% since the last week in December as he has received MANY negatives from similar buyers.   However, when I called PayPal to get the ball rolling they let is slip that the money is being held in his account.  When I asked if that meant that the money had not been withdrawn. They said, "umm uhhh... well..." 

So... maybe the guy got hit by a bus before he sent everyone's stuff out. Either way... I want my $76 back. 

I dont mind being generous as a seller but as a buyer I do not tolerate.

Had this guy send some offers on an Amazing Spider-Man 129, I accepted one of his offers, then he did not pay, did not respond to my messages and totally wasted my time on a listing I had up at a good promotional rate.

User name  lejeff_3598  

On 1/8/2020 at 9:52 AM, mattn792 said:
On 1/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, Blastaar said:

Should I run when a buyer is "Based in Russian Federation"? What does that mean?

The only time I ever had a buyer from Russia win won of my books, I immediately cancelled the transaction.  Russia isn't included in the global shipping program, so I wasn't taking on that risk.  Surprisingly the guy actually messaged to ask why I cancelled.

It does sound very sketchy, but to play Devil's Advocate I have sold several time to Russia over the years.
My last being an Earthworm Jim 1-3 Set for $150 raw.

After close to 1,400 100% positive sales transactions I received my first negative today because the buyer did not like having to sign for his package. Yup, I got my perfect feedback ruined because I used USPS signature confirmation. Out of all the things I imaged getting negative feedback over, requiring a package to be signed for was not one of them. The item was delivered on time and as described. The feedback simply states: "Don’t require a signature it’s a pain in the ." I have appealed through ebay and sent him a withdraw request, so I hope it gets removed. His ebay user name is:  mforcade

Don't walk to block this guy, RUN!

Lnxd9rN.png

Edited by PittsPilot

16 hours ago, PittsPilot said:

After close to 1,400 100% positive sales transactions I received my first negative today because the buyer did not like having to sign for his package. Yup, I got my perfect feedback ruined because I used USPS signature confirmation. Out of all the things I imaged getting negative feedback over, requiring a package to be signed for was not one of them. The item was delivered on time and as described. The feedback simply states: "Don’t require a signature it’s a pain in the ." I have appealed through ebay and sent him a withdraw request, so I hope it gets removed. His ebay user name is:  mforcade

Don't walk to block this guy, RUN!

Lnxd9rN.png

That’s a new one.  I can’t imagine eBay not removing but let us know how it turns out.  I almost always pay the $3 for sig confirm on my eBay sales of higher $$$ books.

General ebay question:

I just won a couple of comic auctions from the same buyer but lost out on a third.  However, after going through the bidding history, it is pretty clear to me that shill bidding has occurred.  It had all the hallmarks:

• Bidder had 0 feedback
  • Bidder had 7 bids...100% of them with the same seller
  • Bidder tended to bid $1 below the next $10 increment (i.e. $39, $49, $59), presumably to force a winning bid to hit the mental reserve at a nice, round number
  • Bidder was mostly active in the closing minutes on the lower-priced books

I offered to buy the book that I didn't win should the winning (shill) bidder fall through.  This was mostly a fishing expedition.  The seller got back to me within minutes, which makes sense since he was active on the shill account just minutes before.  His response:

That one sold too low LOL. I have another 9.8. What would you be interested in offering? Last gpa sale was 67. Let me know your bottom line and I can put one up and you can make an offer then combine shipping.

Anyone else shocked to learn he has "another" copy?

The question...what is my next step?

Looking through ebay FAQ's, they indicate that you shouldn't report shill bidding because their system already screens for it.  It's doing a bang-up job too.  (thumbsu  So what now?  Attempt to report it anyway?  Confront the seller?  Request to cancel?  Go through with the transaction knowing that this kind of thing happens all the time? 

In case it's relevant, I want these books for my own collection, all books in question are under $100 each, and they're not exceptionally rare.  The final prices are within reasonable limits, but still higher than they would have been in the absence of shill bidding. 

Looking for advice.  Thanks!

Edited by Turtle

6 minutes ago, Turtle said:

General ebay question:

I just won a couple of comic auctions from the same buyer but lost out on a third.  However, after going through the bidding history, it is pretty clear to me that shill bidding has occurred.  It had all the hallmarks:

• Bidder had 0 feedback
  • Bidder had 7 bids...100% of them with the same seller
  • Bidder tended to bid $1 below the next $10 increment (i.e. $39, $49, $59), presumably to force a winning bid to hit the mental reserve at a nice, round number
  • Bidder was mostly active in the closing minutes on the lower-priced books

I offered to buy the book that I didn't win should the winning (shill) bidder fall through.  This was mostly a fishing expedition.  The seller got back to me within minutes, which makes sense since he was active on the shill account just minutes before.  His response:

That one sold too low LOL. I have another 9.8. What would you be interested in offering? Last gpa sale was 67. Let me know your bottom line and I can put one up and you can make an offer then combine shipping.

Anyone else shocked to learn he has "another" copy?

The question...what is my next step?

Looking through ebay FAQ's, they indicate that you shouldn't report shill bidding because their system already screens for it.  It's doing a bang-up job too.  (thumbsu  So what now?  Attempt to report it anyway?  Confront the seller?  Request to cancel?  Go through with the transaction knowing that this kind of thing happens all the time? 

In case it's relevant, I want these books for my own collection, all books in question are under $100 each, and they're not exceptionally rare.  The final prices are within reasonable limits, but still higher than they would have been in the absence of shill bidding. 

Looking for advice.  Thanks!

It sounds like a personal moral dilemma. If I were you, I would simply cash out and block the seller. Take your gains and avoid the future 'drama'.

41 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

@Turtle - the clown used “LOL” in his response to you, I’d cancel based on that alone.  He’s likely also violating USPS rules by trying to ship by media mail.

I’ve always found it weird that it’s against  usps rules and regulations to ship comics media mail. Meanwhile eBay who’s partnered with the USPS and thus should be aware of these rules isn’t. When I list books it defaults to media mail as the shipping choice. I never ship that way even if requested.