• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You too? See @Get Marwood & I I’m not the only one. 

I always laugh when I see your shoe sales Buzz. I mean, people buy second hand shoes all the time in charity shops. It's just yours look so worn out and sweaty its like your selling used underpants or something. 

See, I'm laughing again now thinking about it :grin:

Going to see Mozz in March - he's kindly playing down the road.

5 hours ago, Kramerica said:

Yeah, when eBay and USPS entered into their current agreement they made sure that in 99% of the categories that media mail wasn't available when you went to purchase postage. However, with comics books the option was not taken away. USPS does not want to enforce the media mail rule with comics. That "rule" may be in print but it's largely ignored. USPS is happy with the business they get and they will not be enforcing any sort of media mail policing any time soon. They are not in the business of turning down revenue these days. Media mail is a great way for buyers to get lots o books for cheap and unless your local postmaster is a curmudgeon stickler, USPS could care less. I sell everything from shoes to photos to posters to cards. None of them are eligible for media mail through eBay/USPS. With comics they are eligible and it's not going away any time soon from what I can see. USPS realizes that the advertisements in comics from 30+ years ago are no longer valid and the grants & $$$ that they get from the Government for the promotion of literacy is not going to stop. I've also seen packages sent media mail treated differently over the past two years. They are arriving at their destination much quicker and they are not being tossed around and damaged. As a seller, as long as you package safely you can save your customers a lot of money and ensure repeat business by shipping media mail. I'll ship however my buyers wish but I'm finding most are happy to save some $$$ as long as their loot is packaged safely.

I get a lot of books through USPS shipped media mail. Not by choice but it’s the only option on a lot of books I buy. In my experience Media Mail is horrible. Not only does it take a minimum of a week shipping from the same state but the packages are always extra beat up. Part of it’s the extra time it’s spent in the system but that can’t be the only factor. It hasn’t gotten faster or any better over the years. Also anytime I’ve had packages take detours across the country it been Media Mail. You know the package coming from Virginia heading to New York and it goes out to the west coast for a bit visiting other lost media mail packages.  

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I get a lot of books through USPS shipped media mail. Not by choice but it’s the only option on a lot of books I buy. In my experience Media Mail is horrible. Not only does it take a minimum of a week shipping from the same state but the packages are always extra beat up. Part of it’s the extra time it’s spent in the system but that can’t be the only factor. It hasn’t gotten faster or any better over the years. Also anytime I’ve had packages take detours across the country it been Media Mail. You know the package coming from Virginia heading to New York and it goes out to the west coast for a bit visiting other lost media mail packages.  

I think the part where he said pack it well applies here.

11 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:
11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You too? See @Get Marwood & I I’m not the only one. 

I always laugh when I see your shoe sales Buzz. I mean, people buy second hand shoes all the time in charity shops. It's just yours look so worn out and sweaty its like your selling used underpants or something. 

See, I'm laughing again now thinking about it :grin:

Going to see Mozz in March - he's kindly playing down the road.

I said I'm going to see Mozz in March :sumo:

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I said I'm going to see Mozz in March :sumo:

lol I'm STILL not going... 

Normally I do not care about what an artist believes in personally or politically, but he continues to spew his nonsense to the crowd between songs on a more than regular basis.  

• Norway massacre is not as bad as what McDonalds does... 
  • On Memorial Day (might have been Veteran's Day - I have the bootleg somewhere) he took time to lecture everyone on why it was wrong to remember the day... 
  • Diva attitude at shows of whether or not he will even show up let alone play for more than an hour
  • There is more but the boards frown upon political commentary. 

Every album since Years of Refusal have been dreadfully lackluster to me... At least Years had Something is Squeezing My Skull, All You Need is Me, and That's How People Grow Up among a couple of others.  However, California Son, Low in High School, and World Peace were meh to me... I will try the 2020 album out for a test drive... but don't have very high hopes... I am hoping to be wrong.  

Edited by Buzzetta

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol I'm STILL not going... 

Normally I do not care about what an artist believes in personally or politically, but he continues to spew his nonsense to the crowd between songs on a more than regular basis.  

• Norway massacre is not as bad as what McDonalds does... 
  • On Memorial Day (might have been Veteran's Day - I have the bootleg somewhere) he took time to lecture everyone on why it was wrong to remember the day... 
  • Diva attitude at shows of whether or not he will even show up let alone play for more than an hour
  • There is more but the boards frown upon political commentary. 

Every album since Years of Refusal have been dreadfully lackluster to me... At least Years had Something is Squeezing My Skull, All You Need is Me, and That's How People Grow Up among a couple of others.  However, California Son, Low in High School, and World Peace were meh to me... I will try the 2020 album out for a test drive... but don't have very high hopes... I am hoping to be wrong.  

I just typed out a big old reply and lost it :p

The reply I mean.

9 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I just typed out a big old reply and lost it :p

The reply I mean.

Life is a Pigsty is the last 'great' song that he has released.

I like it live when combined with HSIN

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Life is a Pigsty is the last 'great' song that he has released.

I like it live when combined with HSIN

I can forgive him anything. 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:17 AM, Turtle said:

Honestly, I kinda hope this happens.  It would at least give him a minor headache for the trouble.

Minor update...I asked him 2 days ago for the cert # for his 2nd copy of the book I didn't win .  You know, the one he said went "way too low".  I ask him for the cert # and he goes quiet. 

The next morning, he asks me if I'm still interested.  I let him know I'm still waiting on the cert # because I like to verify the grading date and page quality.  He says he "sent the code".  I let him know that I didn't receive anything and he should just manually type in the number in the body of his next message.  He goes quiet for another 24 hours. 

This morning I got a message from him asking if I received the cert # and if I was still interested in it.  I don't know how he assumes I'm getting the code.  I sent him a screenshot of our conversation so far.  Nothing yet...

As suggested by a few here, I paid for the books.  They definitely got shipped media mail on Saturday.  They'll be here sometime in February.  $20 for shipping well-spent.  :insane:

In a SHOCKING turn of events, the two books that the shill account ended up winning last week were relisted today.  I wrote him a message and asked him if the buyer backed out.  He simply responded "yes".  :eyeroll:

Here's the one I bid on and lost last week that was just relisted.

Feel free to do some snooping and see if I'm way off base.  My current feedback is 858.  I won issues 25 and 45 last week.  The shill account was the underbidder on the 25. 

24 minutes ago, Turtle said:

As suggested by a few here, I paid for the books.  They definitely got shipped media mail on Saturday.  They'll be here sometime in February.  $20 for shipping well-spent.  :insane:

In a SHOCKING turn of events, the two books that the shill account ended up winning last week were relisted today.  I wrote him a message and asked him if the buyer backed out.  He simply responded "yes".  :eyeroll:

Feel free to do some snooping and see if I'm way off base.  My current feedback is 858.  I won issues 25 and 45 last week.  The shill account was the underbidder on the 25. 

I would say shill for sure. I tend to not buy from people I suspect of shill behavior. Having said that I usually only bid what I think is a fair price and if it is shilled and I win I am not too worried about it.

35 minutes ago, Turtle said:

If you get ebay involved maybe they will adjust your winnings pre-shill and get you a partial refund... you seem to have plenty of evidence.

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

It's amazing how stupid people are to think that we're that stupid not to notice.

Just stupid.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:44 AM, Buzzetta said:

I would take the Non Paying Bidder strikes and say no deal... show him the evidence and give him the opportunity to cancel on his own.  Warn him that if he doesn’t then you will make your case to eBay

Did that in 2018? with three LEGO lots.  Seller advertised that they combined shipping.  

Apparently combined shipping means adding all of the shipping up to one large amount.   No discount... no reduction... so I would have paid say 3x the shipping rate... 

but hey, he offered one invoice 

screw that... eBay worked with me on that one after a phone call. 

Non payer strikes dont seem to do much so yes I would take one without hesitation.  

15 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

I would say shill for sure. I tend to not buy from people I suspect of shill behavior. Having said that I usually only bid what I think is a fair price and if it is shilled and I win I am not too worried about it.

I appreciate the input.  :foryou:

I bid what I was willing to pay, so in that sense, I don't have a problem with the price.  However, I ended up paying more for these items than I would have if the seller were honest.  It feels like just doing nothing and just going through with the transaction without incident would be tantamount to condoning shilling, which I don't.  As someone pointed out early on, it's a bit of a personal moral dilemma. 

I did end up calling ebay about this yesterday.  I explained the situation and they asked what I'd want to do.  I told them that in light of the new listings essentially confirming the shilling activity that I'd like to return the books without having to pay for return shipping.  This listings allow returns, but buyer is to pay return shipping.  The rep explained that I'd need to wait for the books to arrive, then initiate a return and then call back to open an appeal.  I may do that, but I'd rather keep the books than pay to return them.  If that happened, I'd be out shipping costs and the seller would only be out time with basically no penalty for his actions.  I'm still mulling it over.  Anyone have any experience with ebay appeals like this?

I also asked the rep about shilling.  I said the FAQ said that there is no need to report it because they have screens in place to catch this kind of thing.  She basically said that there are too many ebay listings to catch every instance of this.  However, the obviousness of this one tells me that any automatic filter for shilling is insufficient.  I asked if I should report the new listings and she said it would raise flags and cast a light on the account.  I've gone ahead and done so on the two items that were won by the shill account and subsequently relisted.

Auction 1

Auction 2

I don't want anyone to blindly report these auctions, but if you take a look at the completed listings for these books and come to the same conclusion I have, I'd be happy to have people report this guy for shilling.

Go to "Report Item"

Report Category: Listing Practices

Reason for Report: Fraudulent Listing Activities

Detailed Reason: Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I appreciate the input.  :foryou:

I bid what I was willing to pay, so in that sense, I don't have a problem with the price.  However, I ended up paying more for these items than I would have if the seller were honest.  It feels like just doing nothing and just going through with the transaction without incident would be tantamount to condoning shilling, which I don't.  As someone pointed out early on, it's a bit of a personal moral dilemma. 

I did end up calling ebay about this yesterday.  I explained the situation and they asked what I'd want to do.  I told them that in light of the new listings essentially confirming the shilling activity that I'd like to return the books without having to pay for return shipping.  This listings allow returns, but buyer is to pay return shipping.  The rep explained that I'd need to wait for the books to arrive, then initiate a return and then call back to open an appeal.  I may do that, but I'd rather keep the books than pay to return them.  If that happened, I'd be out shipping costs and the seller would only be out time with basically no penalty for his actions.  I'm still mulling it over.  Anyone have any experience with ebay appeals like this?

I also asked the rep about shilling.  I said the FAQ said that there is no need to report it because they have screens in place to catch this kind of thing.  She basically said that there are too many ebay listings to catch every instance of this.  However, the obviousness of this one tells me that any automatic filter for shilling is insufficient.  I asked if I should report the new listings and she said it would raise flags and cast a light on the account.  I've gone ahead and done so on the two items that were won by the shill account and subsequently relisted.

Auction 1

Auction 2

I don't want anyone to blindly report these auctions, but if you take a look at the completed listings for these books and come to the same conclusion I have, I'd be happy to have people report this guy for shilling.

Go to "Report Item"

Report Category: Listing Practices

Reason for Report: Fraudulent Listing Activities

Detailed Reason: Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price

Thanks.

You can take satisfaction in leaving negative detailed feedback. Especially if they’re at 100% Positive. 

10 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

fantasy-comics 

I won an Iron Man #55 CGC 9.6 for $2200. He immediately canceled the order saying there was something wrong with the address. Which of course is not the case. He then blocked me from being able to contact him or bid on his item. Stay classy Fantasy-comics.

Dennis is a good guy, honest and also a former board member. If he says something was wrong with your address, I'm inclined to believe something didn't match up and he wasn't going to risk shipping an item worth over 2k.

7 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Dennis is a good guy, honest and also a former board member. If he says something was wrong with your address, I'm inclined to believe something didn't match up and he wasn't going to risk shipping an item worth over 2k.

Absolutely not the case. Shipping address is valid and at my work so USPS does not leave stuff on my porch. I did what I was supposed to do, he did not. He should use comic link etc. if he is scared to abide by ebay policies.