• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

This buyer just inquired as to why he was blocked from bidding on my Shazam 25. I informed him that he was on the CGC forums naughty list.

Let's keep it rolling brothers and sisters. It works.

This is why I tell ppl to set their ebay so blocked bidders can message you so you can reply YES HERE IS WHY YOU ARE BLOCKED and google cgc (their ebay name) and find the complaint abt them in this thread and send em the link. 
"You thought what you did would have no consequences and sellers just hafta suck it up, eh?"

For people that can't print documents or whatever, there's a nice tool in windows called snipping tool that lets you take a screenshot of your screen and save it as a picture.  Some people have said tracking information disappears off the USPS website for a few months, in fact USPS even started a service charging for access to old tracking numbers.  So what you do is within a week or two of the item being delivered, pull up the tracking that shows delivered to their address, screenshot it and save it in a folder somewhere with the tracking number and maybe some buyers info.  Now you don't have to pay USPS or explain why the tracking info has disappeared from the system since you have a copy.

Edited by 90sChild

3 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

For people that can't print documents or whatever, there's a nice tool in windows called snipping tool that lets you take a screenshot of your screen and save it as a picture.  Some people have said tracking information disappears off the USPS website for a few months, in fact USPS even started a service charging for access to old tracking numbers.  So what you do is within a week or two of the item being delivered, pull up the tracking that shows delivered to their address, screenshot it and save it in a folder somewhere with the tracking number and maybe some buyers info.  Now you don't have to pay USPS or explain why the tracking info has disappeared from the system since you have a copy.

I believe most browsers also have “print to pdf” functionality, Acrobat may not even be required anymore.  It’s how I save all of my purchase and sale documents.

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

This guy "has no control over his child."

Demet1973

Demetrios kalkanis
Buzzards Bay MA 02532-3882

He seems to follow quite a few board members that I recognize on eBay.  This was for a $150 comic.   

My response follows.  Because... 

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 7.26.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 7.45.43 AM.png

take it from a greek.... Greeks and agreements don't mix...  thats why Greece is in the toilet

I just tried calling ebay @ 866-540-3229 about a buyer who has requested a return on five comic books.... doh! .... ebay message now basically telling you to go pound sand and find answers on their site.

Buyer told me that ebay provided five separate return labels .... anyone know whether he has to send out five packages? sounds silly to me....

10 minutes ago, jokiing said:

I just tried calling ebay @ 866-540-3229 about a buyer who has requested a return on five comic books.... doh! .... ebay message now basically telling you to go pound sand and find answers on their site.

Buyer told me that ebay provided five separate return labels .... anyone know whether he has to send out five packages? sounds silly to me....

I’m getting out of bed to find the link to their direct email for CSR right now.  I had to jump through hoops to find the link on their site.  Hold on. 

15 minutes ago, jokiing said:

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I’m getting out of bed to find the link to their direct email for CSR right now.  I had to jump through hoops to find the link on their site.  Hold on. 

Here: https://www.ebay.com/help/email?initFrom=HOME

Scroll through to the bottom and follow the prompts.  To their credit, they have been pretty good about getting back to customers.  Right now in the Philippines is around noon time so you may get a quick response.  They have been pretty good since they are all working from home. 

Be VERY clear when you email them.  Include the item numbers and all other relevant information. 

They helped me resolve a missing package sent through Global Shipping where the buyer seemingly cancelled the item mid shipment.  I kept the money. 

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Here: https://www.ebay.com/help/email?initFrom=HOME

Scroll through to the bottom and follow the prompts.  To their credit, they have been pretty good about getting back to customers.  Right now in the Philippines is around noon time so you may get a quick response.  They have been pretty good since they are all working from home. 

Be VERY clear when you email them.  Include the item numbers and all other relevant information. 

They helped me resolve a missing package sent through Global Shipping where the buyer seemingly cancelled the item mid shipment.  I kept the money. 

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Thanks for sacrificing your beauty sleep for this... I'll surely keep this link close by.

I ended up chatting with ebay... solution to get around the five shipping labels (since they are based on weight of each separate auction) is to send a label outside of ebay using UPS or USPS. Still a pain...just like this buyer.

Why is it that I almost always have problems with buyers who buy a half dozen or so comics? Mostly non-payment... which turns out is a lot easier than dealing with someone who puts in a claim to return half the books... first time for everything.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:54 AM, 1950's war comics said:

you are right ! that is the most junk i have ever seen ... 9.500 items all junk , it must have took them years just to list everything  and why?? 

they have actually sold 46 items in the last 3 months and made a little bit of money so i guess they must think it's worth it

Maybe it's an art project.

On 4/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, Half-Gringo said:

cgcspideys has been mentioned here by Buzzetta years ago when he was agent_1986. Highly recommend blocking him. 

Darin Verdoni, 9013 James Ct, Aliquippa, PA 15001

Bought a slab and then sent messages complaining that his item was going to be going thru NY and it was going to be infected. His last three messages were profanity laden rants. He left neg fb and we've asked to have it removed.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yup... Darin knows I have no respect for him and that he should stay away from my listings.  I will not ship anything to Aliquippa... He pops up every now and then under a new name but the address is the same. 

I want to point out that I finally took the time to update my block list on eBay.   Darin Verdoni did not change his eBay name.  He has another one.  The old ones seem to no longer be registered or seem to be abandoned.  This is a guy that for whatever reason eBay identifies as someone they do not want on their system   CGCSpideys seems to have registered in March of 2020.  So this one is fairly new... let's see how long it lasts because I doubt Darin has learned his lesson. 

Hi

Thanks for your reply confirming the good and unopened condition of sea devils no 1 cgc 9.0
Can you give me an additional 10% discount and if so I will pay immediately on receipt of an amended special price offer. I will pay by paypal
regards
clive

qscomics:

So, I checked on GPA and the latest sale for this grade is $720 (screenshot attached) - that means at my sale price of 40 % off, this is almost £200 below that price.

To: qscomics
Subject: Re: thecornishwarlock has sent a question about item #311457899111, ending on 03-May-20 14:06:12 BST - Sea Devils # 1 The Sea Devils Battle the Octopus Man ! CGC 9.0 scarce book!
Sent date: 03-May-20 19:45:25 BST

eBay7?euid=1966172647454001951d489e2cee9cc7&

Dear qscomics,

Im sorry but I have decided not to buy the comic. apologies for any inconvenience caused. I looked extensively at Sea Devils history and sales and decided it was a bit of an obscure title although the comic and its Heath artwork is fantastic. Thank you for you excellent help and communication and sorry again.

No problem, I've really appreciated having my time totally wasted - who would have thought it ?

And this was at 40 % 0ff.
-qscomics
Edited by quicksilver

12 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Hi

Thanks for your reply confirming the good and unopened condition of sea devils no 1 cgc 9.0
Can you give me an additional 10% discount and if so I will pay immediately on receipt of an amended special price offer. I will pay by paypal
regards
clive

qscomics:

So, I checked on GPA and the latest sale for this grade is $720 (screenshot attached) - that means at my sale price of 40 % off, this is almost £200 below that price.

To: qscomics
Subject: Re: thecornishwarlock has sent a question about item #311457899111, ending on 03-May-20 14:06:12 BST - Sea Devils # 1 The Sea Devils Battle the Octopus Man ! CGC 9.0 scarce book!
Sent date: 03-May-20 19:45:25 BST

eBay7?euid=1966172647454001951d489e2cee9cc7&

Dear qscomics,

Im sorry but I have decided not to buy the comic. apologies for any inconvenience caused. I looked extensively at Sea Devils history and sales and decided it was a bit of an obscure title although the comic and its Heath artwork is fantastic. Thank you for you excellent help and communication and sorry again.

No problem, I've really appreciated having my time totally wasted - who would have thought it ?

And this was at 40 % 0ff.
-qscomics

agrees to buy something at price X, completes the transaction then holds payment hostage and unilaterally changes contract for 10% less.  BLOCKO