60 60

6,657 posts in this topic

53,618 posts
6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

tell him to pay for all three and you will combine shipping

^^

352 posts
20 hours ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I have an open case on eBay for non-payment. No reply for two weeks. Today he just bought TWO MORE of my books, which I expect to not be paid for. What is wrong with this creep?

You need to block him. I knew I wasn’t getting paid when he messaged me about a book he bought from someone else. Like he copied and pasted to save time when sending messages to all the sellers he stiffed. 

352 posts
9 hours ago, kav said:

This can happen.  Especially if your son the cat was doing the bidding.

I have a similar situation that happened to me within the last week. I pocket paid for an order before being invoiced by the seller. I can’t tell you how it possibly happened or the luck involved. It was 3 separate screens that I went through in my pocket to complete the transaction. So if someone comes to you with one of those stories about a kid, pet, pocket order give them the benefit of the doubt. Because it can and does happen. 

315 posts
1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

I have a similar situation that happened to me within the last week. I pocket paid for an order before being invoiced by the seller. I can’t tell you how it possibly happened or the luck involved. It was 3 separate screens that I went through in my pocket to complete the transaction. So if someone comes to you with one of those stories about a kid, pet, pocket order give them the benefit of the doubt. Because it can and does happen. 

Even if the story someone gives you happens to be true, blocking can still an appropriate action if a seller doesn't want to deal with buyers that are "accident" prone. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

53,618 posts
6 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

Even if the story someone gives you happens to be true, blocking can still an appropriate action if a seller doesn't want to deal with buyers that are "accident" prone. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

exactly.  I never had cell phone so know zip abt them but there has to be some way to turn it off or log out of ebay so this cannot and will not happen.

3,524 posts

So this morning before playing 18 glorious holes of golf I mucked a little rake on the boards and then Answered an eBay inquiry into one of my books for sale on eBay. Here is message to me I received before golf and my reply. Also, his second when I didn’t immediately answer. Almost drove off the road laughing when I read it on the way home. 

image.thumb.png.36343b2340b6f60250de300f1aa1c7c2.png

386 posts
Posted (edited)

Someone has anger issues and a whiny, I want it now attitude. Dude is blocked... Look who's smiling now...Johnny.

Edited by jokiing

109 posts
5 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

So this morning before playing 18 glorious holes of golf I mucked a little rake on the boards and then Answered an eBay inquiry into one of my books for sale on eBay. Here is message to me I received before golf and my reply. Also, his second when I didn’t immediately answer. Almost drove off the road laughing when I read it on the way home. 

"if i buy your book, would you agree not to leave feedback?"

so that's why :roflmao:

3,942 posts
7 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

If he doesn't buy your book.....and you do indeed take his advice and decide to shove it up your arse......would you agree to post pictures? (Asking for greggy)

53,618 posts
8 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

"I retract my agreement not to leave feedback.  I will sell you the book for your propsed $389"

845 posts
12 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

If I get dozens of lowball whats your best/least/lowest price/can I make an offer? questions on a post .. I always bump the price.... Had one at 450 for maybe a month and then raised the price to 500 to weed out the incoming messages... then someone paid the full 500 no questions asked... the way it always is! Hah!

3,524 posts
1 hour ago, littledoom said:

If I get dozens of lowball whats your best/least/lowest price/can I make an offer? questions on a post .. I always bump the price.... Had one at 450 for maybe a month and then raised the price to 500 to weed out the incoming messages... then someone paid the full 500 no questions asked... the way it always is! Hah!

Funny you say that because the first thing I did was raise the price. 

774 posts

Warning on eBay buyer dslpunk

He purchased a magazine lot in the middle of the night from me.  Woke up and received an early morning message saying "I hope the condition is good".  I responded with "condition is as shown and mentioned in the description.  It also says to ask questions about the condition prior to purchase".  He then responds with "well you need to stand behind the condition and I hope you know that eBay has a return policy".  I tell him that I am aware as I have been selling since 2001 and would be more then willing to refund prior to shipping if he questions condition.  He responds by saying that I should stand by the condition and he'll take the refund since it'd be better off.  I cancel the listing and refund the amount.  He continues to message me asking how to leave feedback.  He leaves negative feedback with a sarcastic comment of "great seller" with a trophy.  I sent a feedback revision stating that I did right by him and offered a refund immediately.  He offers to revise it only if he is allowed to repurchase the item - this after he told me that he no longer wanted them.  I told him that I would allow him to purchase it and ship it out to him if he revised the feedback first.  He actually revised the feedback and continued to send me about 10 more messages ranting about being interested in my other listings and that his girlfriend wanted some of my other magazines (those were all comics or CGC books).  I never responded and blocked him.  All of this for $40 worth of magazines.  Not worth it and i'd recommend a block before he makes an easy transaction turn into hours of back and forth.  His messages were also fairly incoherent and I had to clean them up for the sake of understanding what he was trying to say.  Oh the joys of eBay selling.

21,624 posts

@Keys_Collector

does eBay have a new policy where they allow somebody to revise feedback once it's left? I always thought once feedback was left that was it.

774 posts
2 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

@Keys_Collector

does eBay have a new policy where they allow somebody to revise feedback once it's left? I always thought once feedback was left that was it.

As far as i'm aware, it's been like this for a while:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/leaving-feedback-sellers/viewing-changing-feedback?id=4031

845 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Keys_Collector said:

Warning on eBay buyer dslpunk

He purchased a magazine lot in the middle of the night from me.  Woke up and received an early morning message saying "I hope the condition is good".  I responded with "condition is as shown and mentioned in the description.  It also says to ask questions about the condition prior to purchase".  He then responds with "well you need to stand behind the condition and I hope you know that eBay has a return policy".  I tell him that I am aware as I have been selling since 2001 and would be more then willing to refund prior to shipping if he questions condition.  He responds by saying that I should stand by the condition and he'll take the refund since it'd be better off.  I cancel the listing and refund the amount.  He continues to message me asking how to leave feedback.  He leaves negative feedback with a sarcastic comment of "great seller" with a trophy.  I sent a feedback revision stating that I did right by him and offered a refund immediately.  He offers to revise it only if he is allowed to repurchase the item - this after he told me that he no longer wanted them.  I told him that I would allow him to purchase it and ship it out to him if he revised the feedback first.  He actually revised the feedback and continued to send me about 10 more messages ranting about being interested in my other listings and that his girlfriend wanted some of my other magazines (those were all comics or CGC books).  I never responded and blocked him.  All of this for $40 worth of magazines.  Not worth it and i'd recommend a block before he makes an easy transaction turn into hours of back and forth.  His messages were also fairly incoherent and I had to clean them up for the sake of understanding what he was trying to say.  Oh the joys of eBay selling.

eBay can easily remove "false positive" misleading unwarranted comments.. just call them

Edited by littledoom

774 posts
Just now, littledoom said:

eBay can easily remove "false negative" misleading unwarranted comments.. just call them

They do not "easily" remove negative feedback.  Please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.

845 posts
1 minute ago, Keys_Collector said:

They do not "easily" remove negative feedback.  Please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.

Positives left w negative comments = easily removable; Negatives left w profanity/personal info = easily removable; Negatives left w justifiable opinions = not so easy

hope this helps the confusion

774 posts
1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Positives left w negative comments = easily removable; Negatives left w profanity/personal info = easily removable; Negatives left w justifiable opinions = not so easy

Have you had feedback removed?  Again, please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.  The process is a real pain and isn't as easy as calling a phone number.

845 posts
1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Have you had feedback removed?  Again, please try calling eBay direct right now and let me know how that goes.  The process is a real pain and isn't as easy as calling a phone number.

Yes... I guess it helps I'm a longtime member who's also a Top Rated Plus seller... If you have dozens of negatives maybe it doesn't help your case but if your squeaky clean and one happens to pop up every time I've called they've had it removed.