• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, G G ® said:

I started a thread about this person which was sadly locked, not long after said individual made a foul mouthed unrepentant response, which was removed. Regardless of the unsatisfactory outcome of the thread, there is information contained therein that legitimate Boardies need to be aware of.

Ergo I have married these two threads up in this post, so Boardies can have a full and frank idea of what you can expect dealing with this individual. in case those who read this thread are not aware of other dealing practices employed by this individual.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/479781-its-very-disappointing-when-a-forumite-completely-deceives-you-to-make-a-fast-buck/#comments

Married cover-purple label!

Edited by kav

12 hours ago, G G ® said:

I started a thread about this person which was sadly locked, not long after said individual made a foul mouthed unrepentant response, which was removed. Regardless of the unsatisfactory outcome of the thread, there is information contained therein that legitimate Boardies need to be aware of.

Ergo I have married these two threads up in this post, so Boardies can have a full and frank idea of what you can expect dealing with this individual. in case those who read this thread are not aware of other dealing practices employed by this individual.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/479781-its-very-disappointing-when-a-forumite-completely-deceives-you-to-make-a-fast-buck/#comments

This kind of thing used to really get under my skin.  I'd offer a sweetheart deal to someone because of one reason or another only to have them turn around and sell it in short order.

Now my personal rule is that I only sell items for prices that make me happy in the moment.  If the buyer turns around and sells it...it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I was satisfied with the price I got at that time.

This method may seem a little callous, but it has dramatically reduced my stress/anxiety levels as they relate to this hobby and I enjoy it more as a result.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, G G ® said:

Ahem...

Edited by Nic8612

Ahem...

On 12/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, G G ® said:

On 4/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, deathtohemingway said:

Although the spate of non paying bidders is almost overwhelming these days, this situation warranted noting.

:news:       nic8612       :news:

Purchases a book in FEBRUARY.  Does not pay.  Does not respond to inquiries.  After a week, he 

sends a cancellation request which is approved.  Book is relisted and sells.

Fast forward 2 months, when he leaves a negative feedback stating he never received his book.

Not only is the eBay system not supposed to allow that chain of events, but it takes about a half hour 

of arguing to get it removed.

Removed it is, but the inanity of the whole situation, plus the fact that I still have never had communication 

with this person.....save yourself the headache.

55 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

If this is true, it was 100% a mistake. Ive been on eBay for nearly 20 years and have a good reputation, aside from slow or missed shipments, which I always remedy

Screenshot_20201210-224937_eBay.jpg

Coulda, woulda shudda.

1 hour ago, kav said:

IMO 99.5% feedback is low.  My threshhold is 99.8.

That's based on experience.

19 hours ago, Nic8612 said:
On 4/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, deathtohemingway said:

nic8612

Purchases a book in FEBRUARY.  Does not pay.  Does not respond to inquiries.  After a week, he 

Fast forward 2 months, when he leaves a negative feedback stating he never received his book.

If this is true, it was 100% a mistake. 

So.......you purchased a book on eBay.......didn't pay for it.......didn't respond to the sellers inquires........sent a cancellation request a week later.......then left negative feedback 2 months later saying you never received the book?

How many mistakes was that?

16 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
19 hours ago, Nic8612 said:
On 4/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, deathtohemingway said:

nic8612

If this is true, it was 100% a mistake. 

So.......you purchased a book on eBay.......didn't pay for it.......didn't respond to the sellers inquires........sent a cancellation request a week later.......then left negative feedback 2 months later saying you never received the book?

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

I'm saying this was almost 3 years ago and the claim was made by a random user with no evidence, only 99 post count, and hasn't visited this site since Dec 2018. I don't remember any of this happening and I have no way of defending it because there's literally no way that I can because Ebay doesn't store records that long.

3 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

How on earth do you have almost as many posts as kav, and joined the same year? :whatthe:

:cloud9:

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’m starting to think you’re the same person.  I find it easier to believe you could post twice as much, than to believe that anyone else could be as prolific. hm

No one can be as prolific as me.  No one.