• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,323 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, mstrange said:

Just picked this up.  Came with the original EC envelope it was shipped in back in the day.

ShockSuspenStories6.jpeg.c723c1bc86955df179b63e9cb5202293.jpg

ShockSuspenStories6003.thumb.jpg.5a438e6158cf68b36ec2761aeed4064a.jpg

I assume this is the same Gary Arlington who owned the San Francisco Comic Book Company, sometimes called the first comic book store in the U.S.? 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I assume this is the same Gary Arlington who owned the San Francisco Comic Book Company, sometimes called the first comic book store in the U.S.? 

Yes, one and the same. Folklore has it he sold Jerry Garcia a complete EC collection when he got his first royalty check.

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Now, as far as benign covers go...well, this WS might be a well balanced piece of art, but it's like...uh...not very shocking or sensational, more like "Barbie & Ken visit the Moon"...or something...but i still like it...

16366990217_0eda15a6ed_c.jpg

Gaines:  Feldstein, you're late with the cover for WS 7!!!

Feldstein:  Sure thing boss, I've got it right here! (Jezz, forgot all about it. Now where did I put that miscellaneous lunar landing sketch I drew a couple of years ago? Gotta be here somewhere ... Found it!)  Boss, I hope you know I was up all night working to get this cover done. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Another cool one in from a board member. One of the coolest Haunt of Fear issues. I've had it a couple times but other books got in the way. This is a keeper.

comhauntoffear17a.jpg

comhauntoffear17b.jpg

comhauntoffear17c.jpg

comhauntoffear17d.jpg

Great book! The "Ghastly" cover with a horrible smell...

On 11/23/2017 at 11:46 AM, Robot Man said:

Another cool one in from a board member. One of the coolest Haunt of Fear issues. I've had it a couple times but other books got in the way. This is a keeper.

comhauntoffear17a.jpg

comhauntoffear17b.jpg

comhauntoffear17c.jpg

comhauntoffear17d.jpg

One of my favorites too. Ingels best horror story, plus Jack Davis's classic "Garden Party".

Been on an EC binge again. At one time, I had a true complete EC collection. When the reprints came out I sold off most of them to buy stuff that hadn't been reprinted. I right away, regretted it. So, I'm about a third way into my second collection. When these two turned up on the boards, I immediately jumped all over them. I would have bought #5 anyway just for the cover alone. But to knock off two issues of this very rare run was a no brainer. Pretty good reads too. So happy to get them back!

cominternational2.jpg

cominternational5.jpg