• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, EC ed said:

Yep. I paid WAY less about a month ago here on the boards for the 8.0 copy below.

When I bought this 8.0 upgrade last month, I sold my 3.5 undercopy (back to the person I originally bought it from) for WAY, WAY less lol

On a really good day out on the open market, I would have thought that a 3.5 copy would be a $700'ish book...then one blows up for $4,200. Shows how much I know :D

moongirl5a_f.jpg

I literally had my finger on the :takeit: when you bought that. 

On 12/23/2017 at 12:59 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 12/12/2017 at 1:15 PM, 29dukedog said:

Ingels and gothic horror; I don't think there has ever been a better marriage of an artist to a particular genre in the entire history of comics...

You just knew I was going to say Baker and romance!  Although I'd also throw in Barks and funny animals. 

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You just knew I was going to say Baker and romance!  Although I'd also throw in Barks and funny animals. 

Wish I could pull either of those off. I am sure there is an original Baker cover existing but I haven't seen one.

18 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
22 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Wish I could pull either of those off. I am sure there is an original Baker cover existing but I haven't seen one.

I think Heritage auctioned a Barks WDC&S cover not too long ago.  It was one of the later issues with multiple panels of which, I think, Barks had only done one.  So not the greatest example.  I bid on it, but like most of his stuff, it went pretty high.

I know we've had this discussion before, but are any of the OA covers to Baker's St John books know to have survived?  The cover to Seven Seas 6 exists and, I would guess, the covers to the other SS books may as well.  Apparently they surfaced from the Phoenix syndicate files, but I don't know the full story behind that.