• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Bumped into this cool EC first issue locally. It was cheap and I didn't have it so I hopped all over it. Been a long time since I had one. I had forgotton about this killer Feldstein splash. Love the way he signed his name...

comtwofisted18a.jpg

comtwofisted18b.jpg

I have that issue raw also, so good.

Two-Fisted Tales is "slow" compared to EC's sci-fi and horror stuff, but I enjoy the title a lot.

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

I have that issue raw also, so good.

Two-Fisted Tales is "slow" compared to EC's sci-fi and horror stuff, but I enjoy the title a lot.

By "slow", I hope you're referring to sales and not the content! 

Two Fisted Tales is my favorite EC title by a lot. It's the only EC run I still have complete!

I love Two Fisted and Frontline a lot as well. A welcome relief to the horror and sci fi titles. I've been picking up solid readers for about a year when they pop up and almost have both runs complete. The stories and art are off the hook. Best war books ever. If you haven't dabbled, you're missing out.

On February 17, 2018 at 4:43 PM, mrmitchgro said:

I’d also like to note that (finally) finding a nice copy of this one is the culmination of a 9 year quest for me. I bought my first Tales from the Crypt in 2009, a raw VF+ copy of 42 I found on eBay (surprisingly it was accurately graded - came back 8.5). I decided I would put together the entire TFTC set in 8.0 or above, starting with CP 15. After collecting Silver Age Marvels, I was looking for a challenge - books that don’t just come along every week in auctions or dealer sites. I loved scaring myself with the HBO show in the 90s, so it seemed like the right title to go after.

I paced myself, expanded into other EC titles (still missing about 20 books in the other crime/ horror/ sci-fi titles), and found my way on to these boards along the way. I’ve made friends here, and when I’m excited about a recent purchase or want to discuss these great comics, this is where I come. Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement along the way!

D6586054-6F6A-44C0-B6D8-E3169911AD33.thumb.jpeg.27ee1afffc521014c84bed79a32b29de.jpeg

That is amazing! What a great set. Big congrats. You chose an excellent title to go after. Well done. 

So of the lot, do you have a favorite issue? How about your top 3? 

12 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

By "slow", I hope you're referring to sales and not the content! 

Two Fisted Tales is my favorite EC title by a lot. It's the only EC run I still have complete!

:gossip:He was referring to the people who collect them!  :baiting:

58 minutes ago, VAZ said:

Just from the cover alone you wonder what could have happened here..

Vault of Horror 30.jpg

One of my favorite EC covers. Think what that would go for if it wasn't an EC? I was fortunate to see the original art at SDCC for sale once. Luckily, WAY out of my price range as my wife as cool as she is, probably wouldn't let me hang it in the house...(worship)

Have always wanted this book. Don't know why it took me so long to get one. Love how the corpse is winking at you. Like an unspoken nod to all the kids and fans back in the 50's that "got it" and knew that these books were just innocent fun reading enjoyment. As opposed to the groups that were trying to ban them for corrupting the youth!

Haunt%20Of%20Fear%20%2010_zps6tjatjkw.jp

On 17/02/2018 at 10:43 PM, mrmitchgro said:

I’d also like to note that (finally) finding a nice copy of this one is the culmination of a 9 year quest for me. I bought my first Tales from the Crypt in 2009, a raw VF+ copy of 42 I found on eBay (surprisingly it was accurately graded - came back 8.5). I decided I would put together the entire TFTC set in 8.0 or above, starting with CP 15. After collecting Silver Age Marvels, I was looking for a challenge - books that don’t just come along every week in auctions or dealer sites. I loved scaring myself with the HBO show in the 90s, so it seemed like the right title to go after.

I paced myself, expanded into other EC titles (still missing about 20 books in the other crime/ horror/ sci-fi titles), and found my way on to these boards along the way. I’ve made friends here, and when I’m excited about a recent purchase or want to discuss these great comics, this is where I come. Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement along the way!

D6586054-6F6A-44C0-B6D8-E3169911AD33.thumb.jpeg.27ee1afffc521014c84bed79a32b29de.jpeg

Hi Mitch, it's been a while. It's trumy amazing to see that you have finally completed the run in high grade! Congrats! :golfclap: