• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

On April 28, 2018 at 12:12 PM, aardvark88 said:

A wall pic from Seattle, WA's MoPop Timely/Marvel Comics history exhibit currently on, and showing how kids should be holding comics:

wbAUPPW.jpg?1

Love the look on her face, just wait until she roll back the pages on that Haunt of Fear...:devil:

5 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

Finally completed my Ghastly Graham Ingels HOF run! :whee:

Big thanks to - who else? - EC Ed for starting me off on this mini-obsession with HOF 27 and, appropriately enough, helping me finally complete the run with HOF 22. Nearly half the books in the shot are Ed's undercopies with a couple of copies from Ipsunburst and the rest via Bob Storms, Dale Roberts, Cloud 9 Comics and EBay.

The run is mainly in mid-grade (5.0 - 7.0) with one restored copy ("tear seal to cover").

For me, there is something about EC comics, particularly the horror, that lends itself to collecting mid-grade copies. Every time I see a frayed corner, a collection of creases or a rolled spine I picture some kid in the fifties hiding beneath his blanket, reading these comics by flashlight and generally having the $#!+ scared out of him and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :cloud9:

Thanks all!

HOF_collection.thumb.jpg.aff609efbeec3976c3ce795a2f4e7a32.jpg

Congrats! Great run. All raw as they should’ve so you can read them when ever you want.

Now keep going back and finish the run. So many great Feldstein covers too!

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Found at a small show today.  Pity about the bottom corner.  I still feel that $10 was an absurdly good deal:

Mad_22.jpg

I recently discovered that low grade Mads aren’t pulling top dollar...

...when I sold my run.

Oh, well; just makes ‘em easier to reacquire. I’m sure to want them back before long.

BYW, killer good deal!

Edited by KirbyJack