• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Rec'd my Gary Arlington book from Bunky, a low-grade VoH 13 that was tightly graded - a perfect reader for me.

EC's seem to be picking up steam lately, at least that's my impression.

I bought a boat load of them today. Most are fairly available. When I sell books at a show, they sell real well in all grades. Such classic books!

Hello again Boils and Ghouls...but lets be honest here there not a lot of Ghouls around here is there?!

I should start by saying that Im sorry for my previous posts!!!! Some one "Hacked" my account and posted those "High Grade beauties"!! For the record I would NEVER offend you grotesque lot of E.C. fans again! If I "had" any "high grade" E.C. books in my Crypt it'd be torturous...

So with this installment I have a Panic 11 CGC -3.0 ( -GD/VG= goddly disastrous/very godey). The spine is split except at at the top staple where its holding on for dear death/life. Plus some "chimpanzee" wrote on the cover and on the back some bug chew ahhhhhhhh this is the life!!!!

Scan 2018-7-16 23.41.12.jpg

Hello again fright-fans! 

Tonight I offer to you a "unholy grail" of the E.C. variety! Vault of Horror 35 :devil:!!!

Now Before you go saying "hey didn't raze say his account was "hacked" and that he wouldn't  post any high grade books?!" And Id say YES I did...but looks can be deceiving, the devil is in the details hee hee hee! 

The ax that was meant for the wife/ghoul completely "SPLIT" and detached the cover on his first swing! But what I never never understood about this cover is that everyone thinks he's trying to kill his wife. But let me offer an alternative view of the cover. He is getting rid of that horribly decorated tree! But what about the coffin you ask? Well maybe he plans "A HEAD" hahahahaha, wouldn't YOUR wife love a new coffin for Christmas? 

And that is going to do it for awhile! Ill post more after I finish reading Dark Nights Metal...I know I know its a modern book! GROSS! But I love Scott Snyder!

Scan 2018-7-17 22.21.52.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My Gary Arlington purchase from @Bunky Brian

C57FD2C6-252D-4C92-9064-3FC04AB71529.jpeg

I enjoy the little details on that Jack Davis cover. From the clowns drawn in the middle of her leg and breast and the elephants leg/foot to the additional clown on the right near the elephants foot to the woman’s right hands fingers on the elephants leg. 

Lovely copy to enjoy.

Picked up a few EC's recently;  I've been after these issues of Tales, Vault, and Haunt for quite some time now. The Weird Sci ended up being a freebie.  It was missing a page, and the eBay seller gave me a complete refund, rather than taking it back.  All are rolled spine VG's.

TFTC 27.jpg

Vault 24.jpg

Haunt 15.jpg

Weird Science 11.jpg

Edited by fifties

On 7/17/2018 at 11:09 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

My Gary Arlington purchase from @Bunky Brian

C57FD2C6-252D-4C92-9064-3FC04AB71529.jpeg

Love it man. I almost took it myself. Gorgeous.