• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,322 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Funny you should mention it, there is a guy in the midwest who has about a dozen Panic 6 covers sketched by different folks already, and he has been buying all that I get.

It’s the only GA book I know of with a (mostly) blank cover.  Mad 13 might also work.  So it’s a natural candidate for sketching with a GA twist.

3 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

It’s the only GA book I know of with a (mostly) blank cover.  Mad 13 might also work.  So it’s a natural candidate for sketching with a GA twist.

I almost did that for the Argonnes but didn't have one. I was at WonderCon and couldn't find one for sale. I was able to get the Panic 6 though and now think it probably looks better on the white background.

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A very spiritual place. We stopped in there when we were "junking" on the east coast one year. To the average person, it now looks like a peaceful place. While walking around I was shuffling my feet and several times I kicked up bullets and small metal parts of things like belt buckles and such. I had the weirdest feeling of great sadness. If any place on earth is haunted, that is one of them...

one of the most haunting spots at Gettysburg ... 500 fell and died instantly in a straight line,....many of the bodies are still buried there in unmarked graves

The Story of Iverson's Pits

On July 1, 1863, the men of Alfred Iverson's North Carolina Brigade had arrived at Gettysburg and were preparing to outflank the Union First Corps at Oak Hill. This spot was the northernmost point of Seminary Ridge. They were formed into their line of battle and advanced towards a line of trees about 300 yds. away. The Brigade was made up of the 5th, 12th, 20th, and 23rd North Carolina Infantries. To their left front was a low stone wall but they paid it no mind, they were confident in their success. They believed that they were about to crash through the woods and roll up the flank of the Yankees on the other side.

Suddenly, a vast sheet of flame erupted from the stone wall. Some Federal soldiers,who were crouched down behind the wall, could not believe their good fortune at having an entire Confederate Brigade served up to them on a platter, so they burst over the top of the wall and let loose a withering volley at the unsuspecting rebels. Unfortunately for the Confederates, Iverson, their commander, had not deployed an advance line of skirmishers in order to prevent any surprises. Hundreds of North Carolinians fell in straight lines just as they had marched. In the days after the battle, they were buried in an unmarked mass grave, virtually in the same spots where they fell. For years after, the farmer who owned " Iverson's Pits " claimed that his wheat grew the tallest in that part of his field.

Image result for iversons pits Image result for iversons pits

Hello Ladys and Germs HeHe! Its been awhile since my last EC post I believe maybe my 1st of 2019 but I might be wrong. Ive spent the last month and a half reading Stephen Kings IT... its now my 2nd favorite book ( behind animal farm). There were a few times that I thought King was referring to EC Comics, like one of the kids who went missing initials we're E.C. (Eddie Corchen maybe) and he mentioned "Horror comics" when the kids were young in the 50s so it could be...

Another reason I haven't posted is I've been on a NO comic buying till C2E2 ( crypt convention entertainment extravaganza) But I have come across 3 EC books that were ether a no brainer or I needed to get it for insanity sake. I won't post all 3 tonight only 1.

I had a EC collecting goal this year of a few books and 1 came up which is one of my favorites from the HBO show and that is Carrion of Death SHOCK SUSPENSTOIRES 9!!!! When this particular book came up it was removed from a thread for not following guidelines, but I contacted the seller and got it!!!! As much as Ive been wanting to own this issue it now makes me happy....NO NO NO SAD! Although the HBO show was better, the story is still great and it fills in that place where my "heart was supposed to be" HeHe HaHa!!!!!

Now I must warn all who enter that this book is a "9.8" compared to most of my hideous treasures and I know Ive promised that Id only show the grotesque of my horror show but the price was only a "toe and finger" HeHe HaHa 

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!!!

Scan 2019-3-11 23.04.56.jpg

Carrion Death might be my favorite EC horror story!  Back when I was a young lad, I had an uncle that gave me 6 or 7 of his original ECs. My mom got a hold of one of the horror ones and tore it up saying it would give me nightmares. So the rest went up into the treehouse away from her. I distinctly remember this one. Yep, she was right. That last panel still creeps me out to this day. Nice grab Raze!

3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And today's EC from ECCC.  I think even Raze might go "that's not in particularly high grade", but it was fairly cheap, and I think it's a classic cover even if it doesn't get the official designation as far as I know.  Very happy to get this one; it's the first issue of Tales from the Crypt I've ever owned:

Tales_from_the_Crypt_41.jpg

High grade is overrated!!! Nice pickup! 

The Glynn Crain collection on the illustration Art section of Ha .com is up...go to pages 2/3  and you will see the finest collection of EC SF comics ever offered...there are many more to come...9.8 WSF 21 is amazing .....I hope somebody can Link those pics...WOW

Edited by Mmehdy

On 3/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, szav said:

So... where are all the Gaines file copies of css 22? Only see reference to one sale ever on gpa..9.0 in 2003 for a paltry $2,358.

Locked up tight I suspect. I know one local guy that has one. Other than that. (shrug)  They were for sale at the time I believe. I also believe George Lucas has one.

23 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A fun surprise. Found this while looking at my EC's yesterday. I didn't know it was a pedigree when I bought it. My favorite Panic.

companic4a.jpg

companic4b.jpg

Super score! And such a great pedigree -- fun surprise! I have Panic #2 from the collection (or at least, one of them, if there was more than one copy)