• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

“Foul Play” being the best example of this. Rather than go for colorful gore she went monochrome for the final scenes.

I’m going to hunt up a reading copy of Haunt 19. Now that everyone is gaga for the covers, classic stories don’t even get credit in the descriptions! Compared to CSS 22, the most recognized “infamous” cover, the most infamous story is a steal!

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

She was also the “conscience” of EC and had a lot of reservations about the gruesome out put of the company. I heard she tried to “tone down” some of the original stuff. 

Interesting.  Notice that the blood on the axe head isn't in color, so most likely an example of her toning it down, wouldja think?

Crime SS 22.jpg

46 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nope, just saved my lunch money... Many were upgrades of some of my favorites. The HOF #15 was a MUST buy at the price I got it for.

I was wondering how much the HOF 15(1) set you back! You don't need to say (specially if you got a killer deal) but that is one I still need... someday! :)

4 hours ago, originalisbest said:

I was wondering how much the HOF 15(1) set you back! You don't need to say (specially if you got a killer deal) but that is one I still need... someday! :)

Bedrock has a decent Canada copy if you can live with that. 

8 hours ago, sacentaur said:

A shop in Las Vegas just listed 9 (!) CGC copies of Crypt of Terror 19 on eBay(shrug)

I "know" that guy from the EC Fan Addict Club on Facebook (he has a "day job", apparently now trying to run an online comic shop on the side). Presents himself as a hardcore EC collector, and a while back was saying that CoT #19 was one of his favorite issues and that he wanted to hoard as many copies as possible (I actually sold him a copy to add to his hoard...the 8.0 he now has listed on eBay). Apparently, he has decided to move on from that idea...interesting decision to list them all at one time.  lol

Edited by EC ed

6 hours ago, EC ed said:

I "know" that guy from the EC Fan Addict Club on Facebook (he has a "day job", apparently now trying to run an online comic shop on the side). Presents himself as a hardcore EC collector, and a while back was saying that CoT #19 was one of his favorite issues and that he wanted to hoard as many copies as possible (I actually sold him a copy to add to his hoard...the 8.0 he now has listed on eBay). Apparently, he has decided to move on from that idea...interesting decision to list them all at one time.  lol

(tsk)   Ed, you know you are supposed to offer any and all EC under copies here on the boards first (or better yet just PM me directly!).

Well its been a few centuries since my last EC post and I thought id share this Weird Fantasy 9! As usual its wonderfully low grade but the stories are not! And lets be honest WE buy ECs for the stories NOT just the covers! This one did introduce me to a new EC artist that id never really heard of or just forgot...Please welcome Max Elkin?!?!?!?! He did the "Connection" story and of all the stories in this issue IT didn't make a connection with me because its the only story I don't remember!!

Spawn of mars...great wally wood art and the story was fun. interplanetary sex?!?!!?

the duplicates was fun...girls by Kamen! (matt baker who lol)

even the prose story slight error was cool! SIDE NOTE IF YOU ARE NOT READING THE PROSE STORIES....WHAT THE F#$% ARE YOU THINKING!!!!

and the time travel story was good, for a time travel story. but I don't remember the "connection" story...so sorry Max Elkin try next time.

the last story "a mistake in multiplcation" by Joe Orlando was cool.

Now some of you might be asking "hey raze, king of low grade EC comics. why not just reopen that mylite and reread or look thought?" And Id say thats too easy and NO once i read these they are scanned for BRAGGING rights and put down in the crypt. plus what's the fun in reopening a book i read 3 days ago!

Ill post a few more later this week. I just don't want all of you too get spoiled from seeing all my low grade goodies...you might get cavities!!!

Till next time....

Spoiler

ok so i took my own advice and reopened the book and DUH the "connection" story Was the time travel story :boo: doh! :screwy: :tonofbricks:

Scan 2019-4-14 21.52.32.jpg