• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

So sweet and so tough. Had one once and foolishly sold it. Congrats!

Thanks! I’m very happy to have it. This book and Tales of Terror Annual 1 hardly ever come up for sale.

Hey boils and ghouls

Well your want to be crypt/vault keeper here with a dilemma....its a good one to have i guess but here it is.

i can ether pick up a nice EC book ( one ive been wanting) or i can finish off 1 or maybe 2 EC runs.

now you’re probably thinking finish off the runs and so am i but i really LOVE the one book! The 2 runs are panic and frontline combat and the one is weird science.

so any input would be nice since its one or the other...

21 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Found this old ad from 1990 offering EC Gaines File copies. I remember at the time thinking that was a lot of money...:roflmao:

gainesfile1.jpg

gainesfile2.jpg

Yeah.... I remember those ads too ….. and it WAS a whole lot of money back then. Still, it was a pretty exciting development. I remember a Heroe's Con from about 15 years ago where Chris Foss had full Gaines runs of several of the main titles, and the books definitely lived up to the hype, even though they had been slabbed by then and the full impact of the gloss and suppleness was diminished by the slab. I've still yet to own a Gaines.... they've consistently outpaced my budget over the years. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, Robot Man said:

Found this old ad from 1990 offering EC Gaines File copies. I remember at the time thinking that was a lot of money...:roflmao:

gainesfile1.jpg

gainesfile2.jpg

I bought two books from the Russ's initial offering very big money at the time, still kicking myself for not buying a CSS 22!

I did too. I think the CSS #22 and #20 probably sold out first. I got a Two Fisted Tales and a Frontline Combat. I still have the TFT which I stupidly had slabbed. Really diminishes the beauty of the book. Looks like the Panics sold out fast. They were cheap and anyone who wanted a GFC cheap bought them. Looks like MAD was popular as to be expected. I find it kind of weird a HOF #1 was still there. Scarce book. Probably had something to do with the $2,500 price tag. Also a VOH #30. One of the grossest EC covers. As I said, seems like a bargain today but that was a LOT of money at the time. Glad to own at least one but at todays prices, likely the only one I will have. Historic books...

Edited by Robot Man

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I did too. I think the CSS #22 and #20 probably sold out first. I got a Two Fisted Tales and a Frontline Combat. I still have the TFT which I stupidly had slabbed. Really diminishes the beauty of the book. Looks like the Panics sold out fast. They were cheap and anyone who wanted a GFC cheap bought them. Looks like MAD was popular as to be expected. I find it kind of weird a HOF #1 was still there. Scarce book. Probably had something to do with the $2,500 price tag. Also a VOH #30. One of the grossest EC covers. As I said, seems like a bargain today but that was a LOT of money at the time. Glad to own at least one but at todays prices, likely the only one I will have. Historic books...

Yeah... back then you could get an X-Men 1 in NM and still have money left over for 2500..... not implying that was a better buy..... but I think the White Mountain run of FF from #2 up went for maybe 6000. That was a good time for buying comics, folks could afford almost anything if they could get a little layaway ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu