• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

In today.  May go out of my mind trying to track down the first issue, though:

Psychoanalysis_2.jpg

You can find them for $60 plus. Ive passed on 4 of them because of price its the last one i need for the run. 

Good luck!

7 hours ago, Silver said:

I have wanted to start collecting EC’s for years, but never made the plunge. Finally did, pretty sure I’ll be addicted now

102ED8D2-B4C7-4DB0-891B-2A0E6BF0631B.jpeg

5B66447F-A81C-4B32-9756-1C2C5D6A9BB9.jpeg

02E70B94-27CC-4ABF-AB5A-B368870B468E.jpeg

6D3B0EC8-A5CE-44B8-A80F-DDED5B9C2BCB.jpeg

:whatthe:  Wow! That’s the way to start ECs. Buy a few raw ones or some reprints to read and you will be hooked for sure.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, Raze said:

You can find them for $60 plus. Ive passed on 4 of them because of price its the last one i need for the run. 

Good luck!

As you predicted, a copy popped up on the bay for $60.  But they accepted my offer of 2/3 that, which I'm happy with because I think this is the hardest New Direction title to complete.  A very relative distinction... none of the New Direction books are that scarce... but this one is still a lot thinner on the ground than the rest.  And this gives me my third complete EC run, after Panic and Impact.  Let's go ahead and show the group:

Psychoanalysis_1.jpg

Psychoanalysis_2.jpg

Psychoanalysis_3.jpg

Psychoanalysis_4.jpg

3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

As you predicted, a copy popped up on the bay for $60.  But they accepted my offer of 2/3 that, which I'm happy with because I think this is the hardest New Direction title to complete.  A very relative distinction... none of the New Direction books are that scarce... but this one is still a lot thinner on the ground than the rest.  And this gives me my third complete EC run, after Panic and Impact.  Let's go ahead and show the group:

Psychoanalysis_1.jpg

Psychoanalysis_2.jpg

Psychoanalysis_3.jpg

Psychoanalysis_4.jpg

A nice run here's my copies.

psychoanalysis (2).JPG

37 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I’ve never owned any. 

Do you have to read them while lying on a couch?

Seriously, Congratulations! A complete EC title is an accomplishment!

It's an oddball title at best, it was cancelled before the mass cancellation of all the EC comics but MAD.

I can almost see the logic behind it.  EC was always known for looking at the psychology of its characters.  Surely a medical series like this would pass muster with the worst of the critics and censors demanding wholesome content.  And Jack Kamen was always absolutely brilliant at showing character through people's expressions; I can't imagine the book working at all if he hadn't been drawing it.  It's designed to play right to his strengths.

Other than the fact it was self-evidently a terrible idea, it wasn't a terrible idea. :nyah:

On 3/28/2019 at 10:08 AM, KirbyJack said:

I’m going to hunt up a reading copy of Haunt 19. Now that everyone is gaga for the covers, classic stories don’t even get credit in the descriptions! Compared to CSS 22, the most recognized “infamous” cover, the most infamous story is a steal!

I think it has both a classic cover AND story...

comhauntoffear19a.jpg

comhauntoffear19b.jpg

comhauntoffear19c.jpg

On 5/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Jack Davis...:x

Fresh in today.  I find it interesting that Davis never did any work for the SF titles until the very end.

And as much as I like the New Direction titles, there's still a feeling of "I'm getting the good stuff" with one of the SF books.  (I know some people consider ISF a New Direction title but I never have.)

Incredible_SF_30.jpg