• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

Just now, Commissioner Gordon said:

I'm trying! They are tough to find in good condition and the ones that are in good condition cost a pretty penny... definitely worth it though.

That much is true. All depending on what grade you're after, you can find them somewhat affordably unless it's a really hot cover etc. Certainly books with resto will be cheaper, though I prefer to avoid those. Good luck in your searches! :)

On 10/1/2019 at 8:13 AM, Commissioner Gordon said:

I'm trying! They are tough to find in good condition and the ones that are in good condition cost a pretty penny... definitely worth it though.

I have collected ECs for over 40 years. Other than a very few, they are fairly available in all grades. I have owned some many times and a couple only once. Since the dawn of collecting, they have always been very popular and never cheap. Lately, I’ve seen a bit of an upsurge in price especially on the horror and crime titles. The rest are pretty affordable in reader grades. The war titles are, in my opinion, a real steal at current prices. Best books for the money in the hobby. Good luck in your quest!

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have collected ECs for over 40 years. Since the dawn of collecting, they have always been very popular

No, even before that.  The newsstand sales rate on their horror books was over 90+%, better than even Life Magazine, and EC was constantly getting bombarded with letters complaining that there weren't any available by the time the person writing got to the vendor.  Other publishers were offering 12 of their books for a dollar subscription, but EC got that buck for just 8 issues...

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I don't know,but have I showed you this one yet?

And a Canuck edition :cloud9: My favourite!

jakLVdO.jpg?1

Hey Jimmers, that's one that I don't have, good going, lol!  Interesting that it shows a double EC logo, when most of them also have a Superior logo, like this one (wanna trade?)

Weird Sci 13 Canadian.jpg

1 hour ago, fifties said:

Hey Jimmers, that's one that I don't have, good going, lol!  Interesting that it shows a double EC logo, when most of them also have a Superior logo, like this one (wanna trade?)

Thanks!

Even though that's a real nice one,the Bradbury story in mine is one near and dear to me.If I ever get another,it's promised to you though friend.Are you looking just for that issue,or the Canadian version?The Superiors EC's are really my favourite of the Canadian eds. I collect.This one stands out to me because of the gloss it kept(and the contents)-while I know a lot of them,especially the early crime books,seemed to be printed on matte,stiff paper,some like above seem to be 'regular' paper and gloss,just by the time I get them it's mostly gone.

Twisting the knife here on me,you know I've coveted your number 13 for a few years lol !

75888.jpg.9fb510af71a76901d02a58cb821e8aa8.jpg

This was my first Superior EC I ever found,it blew my mind,I didn't know what was going on!

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Thanks!

Even though that's a real nice one,the Bradbury story in mine is one near and dear to me.If I ever get another,it's promised to you though friend.Are you looking just for that issue,or the Canadian version?The Superiors EC's are really my favourite of the Canadian eds. I collect.This one stands out to me because of the gloss it kept(and the contents)-while I know a lot of them,especially the early crime books,seemed to be printed on matte,stiff paper,some like above seem to be 'regular' paper and gloss,just by the time I get them it's mostly gone.

Twisting the knife here on me,you know I've coveted your number 13 for a few years lol !

75888.jpg.9fb510af71a76901d02a58cb821e8aa8.jpg

This was my first Superior EC I ever found,it blew my mind,I didn't know what was going on!

Americano or Canuckian, it doesn't matter to me as long as it's an EC!  (Hey, that rhymes, bwahahaha).

On 9/7/2019 at 6:47 AM, KirbyJack said:

Big time congrats, Raze! Read the war book first!

Re: two fisted tales 26

I finally read it! And it was good, I didn't think Id like any war books but the very few I have read have been great and hard hitting. Kurtzman was a writer that I didn't give much credit too...but now I get it! He's really great!