• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

That should do well. Seems a lit of folks are looking for it and you don’t see it much.

I was going to have mine graded but they refused to list the contents on the label. Since they contain random back issues, contents vary. 

I’m lucky enough to have 3 first issues and one 2nd in in mine. I would think it would make a price difference to a future buyer. Since they won’t do it, I’m keeping it raw for now. 

Wonder what’s in this issue?

So there are random EC stories in this one? What about the other annuals? Or are they 2 different Entities?

1 hour ago, Raze said:

So there are random EC stories in this one? What about the other annuals? Or are they 2 different Entities?

This 1951 Tales of Terror Annual:  Vault of Horror 13 (2)

Crypt of Terror 19 (3)

Weird Science 14 (3)

Haunt of Fear 16 (2)

3 hours ago, Raze said:

My understanding is that all of the annuals were restitching of remainders/returns with a new cover.  You can have 5 copies of Tales of Terror Annual 1 and have 5 different interiors, all most likely from the first few issues of Crypt, Vault, Haunt, etc.

Edited by Randall Dowling
Grammar

On 10/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, KirbyJack said:

Boy, would I love to buy it and find out. It could hammer at 5 figures, tho.

I believe I saw one at NYCC this month.  Might have been this book with a 12K price tag.  Don't remember which dealer had it but I believe he said it came from an original owner collection

5 hours ago, OtherEric said:

A good day at the Jet City Comic show.  We start with a low grade, cover faded, and quite cheap Shock:

Shock_Suspenstories_14.jpg

This issue is one of the best readers in the series, and given that it's an EC, that's sayin' something, lol!

It’s a cool book, but calling it horror may be a stretch. That skeleton is adorable.

Along these lines, I just bought an EC that I think is significant, but isn’t recognized generally. I’ll post it here when I get it, and I’ll hope for the forum’s opinions!

On 10/29/2019 at 2:20 AM, OtherEric said:

An odd question: a listing online claims this is the first EC horror cover.  I was wondering if this was generally agreed, or if it was just a certain dealer trying to double their already high price tag on the book.

As soon as I saw this, I was 99% certain.who the dealer was. Just checked eBay.and I was right.