• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Nice, solid copy! 
Two Fisted Tales is the toad’s nodes!

Makes as much sense as bee’s knees...

They're not necessarily my favorites... although they're high on the list... but I've said before more than once that I think, story for story, the Kurtzman War books are the best stuff EC ever did.

I first posted this asking if anyone knew the story behind this book about to be auctioned at Heritage.

21978182%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Google was my friend - it was one of a collection stolen from Gary Arlington. See the link below for the story. I wonder what Gary thought of the stapled court tag? Or maybe they used a lower grade copy for the exhibit?

Story (with some trademark Beerbohm spruiking) here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertbeerbohm

20 hours ago, AJD said:

I first posted this asking if anyone knew the story behind this book about to be auctioned at Heritage.

21978182%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Google was my friend - it was one of a collection stolen from Gary Arlington. See the link below for the story. I wonder what Gary thought of the stapled court tag? Or maybe they used a lower grade copy for the exhibit?

Story (with some trademark Beerbohm spruiking) here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertbeerbohm

I can second that opinion, BB was qualified as an "expert of the court" for the comic book valuation to determine the value of the stolen items.

Ladies and Gentleman, Boils and Ghouls!!!! Its been a loooong time since Ive bought a E.C. book! I normally stop buying from dec-feb/mar just to save for C2E2, But this one is a great and its an issue Ive missed in the last year twice. So without further adieu I present 

Frontline Combat 1!!!!! The seller on eBay gave it a grade of GD+ 2.5, detached centerfold but I think its a GD-1.8, there a a few 1"+ tears that where not listed but for the price I couldn't pass it up!

I only need issues 3, 10, 13 so if you have an extra send me a PM...

Scan 2020-2-10 22.06.18.jpg

Edited by Raze

2 hours ago, Raze said:

Ladies and Gentleman, Boils and Ghouls!!!! Its been a loooong time since Ive bought a E.C. book! I normally stop buying from dec-feb/mar just to save for C2E2, But this one is a great and its an issue Ive missed in the last year twice. So without further adieu I present 

Frontline Combat 1!!!!! The seller on eBay gave it a grade of GD+ 2.5, detached centerfold but I think its a GD-1.8, there a a few 1"+ tears that where not listed but for the price I couldn't pass it up!

Congrats! A sentimental favorite for me. Was my first EC first issue from so far back I can’t remember anymore. 

4 hours ago, Raze said:

I think your copy looks slightly better than mine.  A great book; Frontline Combat is horribly underrated relative to most of the rest of the New Trend books, I think.

Frontline_Combat_01.jpg

5 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I think your copy looks slightly better than mine.  A great book; Frontline Combat is horribly underrated relative to most of the rest of the New Trend books, I think.

Frontline_Combat_01.jpg

Yours is horror-rendous!!  I love it!

11 hours ago, AJD said:

I don't think Frontline was a New Trend title. I think it was added after the start of New Direction but well before New Trend. (I think Panic is in that category too.)

And since I'm here I might as well joint the club:

large.FC_01.jpg.8be553c96e540880a7c6dd47c668442d.jpg

Frontline Combat is a “New Trend” title, starting in 1951. Panic, too. 
My copy likes company.

EA667021-423F-4CA8-A0C5-80A0566CAFE9.thumb.jpeg.eaed172b738c408f2bca01e9798035f1.jpeg