• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

It is a shame that such magnificent books had to suffer, but without copies like this, I could never own one!

These remainders are actually in much better shape than the ones with water damage.

(TALES FROM THE CRYPT #20 October/November 1950)

IMG   TALES FROM THE CRYPT #20  (200 dpi).jpg

5 hours ago, OtherEric said:

In today, courtesy of @MrBedrock

Some good cheap reading I couldn't pass by at the price.  Now I need to get a decent color xerox or scan of the the cover to stick with it...

CSS_10_coverless.jpg

I saw that and even though I have a nice copy, I also have a beater reading collection in bagged on a shelf. Glad you got it!

17 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Just heard the sad news that long time EC publisher, Complete EC Library etc. Russ Cochran has passed away. I had been on his mailing list since 1978, pre-ordering the Complete Weird Science from him. RIP Russ.

I actually ordered the extra-large Tales from the Crypt issue from him back in September.  A beautiful book.  We owe him an enormous debt for his keeping the EC stories available for the last half century 

Wow, another giant in fandom has left us. Very sad. As OtherEric said, we all owe him a great due of gratitude for keeping the spawn of Bill Gaines alive for future generations. I remember being so excited to buy a few ECs from Bill’s closet that might not have been possible otherwise. Thanks Russ for all the contributions you made for all of us EC Fanaddicts and RIP sir!