• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

So, expert opinion time.  With ECCC cancelled, I'm considering spending part of my budget on a big EC, specifically a Shock #6.  There's a 1.8 on the bay that would cost me roughly $600 with shipping and tax.  I'm trying to decide if that's a reasonable price or not, it seems slightly high but not totally out of line. (It's the tax and shipping that adds so much for me that makes it an issue.)  I was wondering if people thought that was reasonable or if I should poke around more... or if possibly they knew of a better copy or better place to look.  I do know the book isn't going to get any easier with time, and it's definitely the biggest obstacle for me putting together the EC runs I actually want at this point.

Thoughts?

Shock 6 is one of those rising EC’s, along with Vault 35, but $600 for a 1.8? No... I’d definitely hold out for a better deal on a better copy.

48 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Shock 6 is one of those rising EC’s, along with Vault 35, but $600 for a 1.8? No... I’d definitely hold out for a better deal on a better copy.

Such is still my inclination... but I haven't had any luck in the last couple auctions, and a .5 slab broke over $325 (it's hard to tell because the bay won't say exactly what the best offer was, but the next cheapest sale was over that.)

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Are you kidding me?  $600 for a 1.8?  What does that make mine worth?  Looks like the price of this book has gone insane...

16365462840_b502394e60_c.jpg

I believe, in looking at recent sold prices on The Bay and Heritage, that extraordinary PCH cover illustrations in general are now going through the roof.  Looking at history, they may level off for awhile, but doubt that any decline is forthcoming.  I would tend to believe that the lack of supply has much to do with this situation.  

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Such is still my inclination... but I haven't had any luck in the last couple auctions, and a .5 slab broke over $325 (it's hard to tell because the bay won't say exactly what the best offer was, but the next cheapest sale was over that.)

This book is definitely not going to go down and if you don’t act soon, it will probably be too late. How does this copy present? Might not be a bad to over pay a little now. You can always upgrade and will never have a problem selling your 1.8 and probably at a profit.

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

This was shared with me by a boardie.  It will tell you the exact amount a book sold for on ebay...

http://www.watchcount.com/completed.php

2 hours ago, shiverbones said:

I never thought shock 7 got the love it deserves for the cover, it’s pretty unique in the lightening strike blistering face genre

i don’t know why it’s considered face melting in overstreet though

Yeah, I don't know about "melting" but pretty brutal. Here is mine. Got it signed many years ago.

comshocksuspense7.jpg