• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Today's book.  @Raze covered why this one is so great back when he got his copy:

Weird_Science_16.jpg

Awesome book! But I can’t remember what I said about it !!!ha ha Ha

Probably my second favorite Wally Wood cover! 
Glad you got one!!!

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Great score Eric. A top 5 Woody cover for me. Just iconic. This is one I'd replace pretty quick if it were me though. This one is all about the color. I'm sure you have that in mind anyway. Here is one of Gary Arlington's old copies. The colors really pop and makes the mood so intense. I'm not necessarily a high grade guy. but I'm on the hunt for a higher grade on this one.

comweirdscience16.jpg

No disagreement, although I actually kind of like the subdued colors on mine as well.  I'll probably keep it even if I do get an upgrade someday.

And Weird Science-Fantasy #23 arrived today.  This actually gives me the complete WS-F run, so I'll do the customary post the whole run thing I do when I complete a set.  For this purpose I'm considering Incredible SF a separate run, although I sympathize if you consider it one title.  I finished that run off a while ago, though:

Weird_Science_Fantasy_23.jpg

Is it true that E.C. was planning a fourth horror title toward the end? Re starting Crypt of Terror? I'm thinking maybe Drusilla was introduced to host it: Four titles, four stories per book, four hosts, made sense. But then, she was hanging with the Vault Keeper. She'd need to be a Crypt dweller to host COT.

I'm obviously thinking out loud here. Haven't even looked to see if the dates line up. Never mind me. 

26 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Is it true that E.C. was planning a fourth horror title toward the end? Re starting Crypt of Terror? I'm thinking maybe Drusilla was introduced to host it: Four titles, four stories per book, four hosts, made sense. But then, she was hanging with the Vault Keeper. She'd need to be a Crypt dweller to host COT.

I'm obviously thinking out loud here. Haven't even looked to see if the dates line up. Never mind me. 

Tales from the crypt # 46 the last issue has the stories for the scheduled Crypt of Terror # 1, but all the Horror titles were canceled with the new Comics Code.

tftc46 001.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

12 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

cot.jpg.f882c115b2b821cab6664ab80b13433f.jpg