• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

And, with this book, I now have all of the New Trend humor books (as opposed to books in other genres that had humorous stories) : Mad, Panic, and one story in this.  It's admittedly one I might want to upgrade at some point because of the chunk out of the cover.  But the price was right, with the two sets of glasses:

Three_Dimensional_1.jpg

3d Glasses.jpg

11 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

A couple in today.  First off, another issue of Weird Science.  I'm definitely filling in the later issues pretty well:

Weird_Science_15.jpg

Love the Woody T-Rex on that one. For some reason I've been adding quite a few of the sci fii titles to the boxes lately and at fairly reasonable prices too. I'm getting real close on completing those titles again. I just wish I was doing better on the horror and crime ones. They all seem to be reaching pretty stiff prices again. One thing I have learned about them, is with a few exceptions, most of them come around fairly frequently. It is a matter of the right book at the right price if you are patient.

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Love the Woody T-Rex on that one. For some reason I've been adding quite a few of the sci fii titles to the boxes lately and at fairly reasonable prices too. I'm getting real close on completing those titles again. I just wish I was doing better on the horror and crime ones. They all seem to be reaching pretty stiff prices again. One thing I have learned about them, is with a few exceptions, most of them come around fairly frequently. It is a matter of the right book at the right price if you are patient.

Agreed.  I'm finding cycling what I'm focusing on with EC's to be very useful.  Can't find copies of the last few MAD's I need?  Go get War for a bit.  War is getting harder to find cheap issues?  There's quite a few inexpensive issues of Shock around.  (Admittedly, inexpensive Shock is still pricier than War.  But compared to itself...)  Shock is drying up?  Go grab some SF.  I'll probably go after a few of the Two Fisted Tales I still need next, they've been out of the cycle a while and more are popping up.

2 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Agreed.  I'm finding cycling what I'm focusing on with EC's to be very useful.  Can't find copies of the last few MAD's I need?  Go get War for a bit.  War is getting harder to find cheap issues?  There's quite a few inexpensive issues of Shock around.  (Admittedly, inexpensive Shock is still pricier than War.  But compared to itself...)  Shock is drying up?  Go grab some SF.  I'll probably go after a few of the Two Fisted Tales I still need next, they've been out of the cycle a while and more are popping up.

Yeah, there are so many different titles you can always get another genre. No such thing as a bad EC. I still need a Shock #15. I'd be happy with a solid 4.0-6.0. No real biggie. Not one of the top covers or issues. Seems like I have seen it a hundred times but just missed out on a 5.0 on the bay that went a bit nuts. (shrug)

When collecting runs of most anything, seems like that one or two take forever. Plus, I tend to have to really pay up for. But there is a limit for me on these.

3 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

:applause:

Very nice acquisitions, OE! I’ve never owned the 3D book.

Quite honestly, as good as EC was with their conventional artwork and story lines, their 3D images sucked.

41 minutes ago, fifties said:

Quite honestly, as good as EC was with their conventional artwork and story lines, their 3D images sucked.

I've seen much worse.  But there wasn't a lot of GOOD 3D books in the 50's, honestly... St. John and, to a lesser degree, Harvey, are really the only ones who did anything I found particularly worthwhile from what I've seen.

Does anybody know where the stories meant for 3D # 3 appeared?  I have "Spawn of Venus" in an issue of Witzend, and "The Planetoid" in 50 Girls 50 and other stories.  Not sure where the other two appeared, or if they were even finished.

4 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

This one is on the way to me. It will be quickly sent back to CGC for a new holder as I really dislike the first generation holders. In my opinion, there  is nothing “good” about them!

FA0DD206-1B2D-4802-BCB8-04C5B26BB2CA.jpeg

Another upgrade..?  What will be your under copy now?