• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

ECs HAVE to be read. It’s great to have nice graded copies but you at least have to get low grade or reprints to appreciate them. 

I even got a GFC gasp! Ungraded. Bought it from Russ when they came out. Have actually read it a couple of times (carefully). 

I agree that ECs have to be read as well!

Can you please tell me what “GFC” is? Its not ringing any bells.

Edited by Raze
Added

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

ECs HAVE to be read. It’s great to have nice graded copies but you at least have to get low grade or reprints to appreciate them. 

I even got a GFC gasp! Ungraded. Bought it from Russ when they came out. Have actually read it a couple of times (carefully). 

Because we are all friends here, I will let you in on a dirty little secret - as long as you promise not to tell. I crack every one as I prefer to read the stories and enjoy the artwork. Shhh!

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

Two of the things I love about ECs; the majority of collectors read the books and aspire to complete runs.

In my opinion, the best of the best, book for book. Hard to find a stinker in the bunch. I'm getting a lot closer to having a nice mid grade run again. But I do also have a very large pile of un-bagged beater reader copies sitting on a shelf when I get the urge to just smell a few...:roflmao:

13 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Today's book.  I only need issue #19 to finish off the Two-Fisted Tales run.

Just astounding colors on this one!

Two_Fisted_Tales_27.jpg

Congrats! And yes, such pretty colors. A great run that I think you will complete soon. 

I’m down to a little less that half the runs of Crime, Crypt, Vault and about 7 of the SF titles. And there is that pesky run of the Romance titles... I pick at them when the right copies come up at the right prices. I almost don’t want to finish. ECs are about the only books I still want to finish runs of. 

1 hour ago, Raze said:

OH man Ive been wanting this one for almost 2 years! Now I have one! It was the most I spent on a single issue but it was/is worth it!

Awesome Werewolf cover/story a Vampire story, a Voodoo story and a Mummy story!

Scan 2020-7-22 21.51.34.jpg

Nice!  Another one of those books where it might almost qualify as a classic cover if EC hadn't already gone way over its quota of classic covers...

Seriously, the baseline EC cover is so good that it takes a lot to get up to classic status compared to other publishers.