• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

If we're breaking out the noted collection books, my Shock #6 is a Gary Arlington book.  But we've already seen both the Shock #6 and the Arlington certificate further up the page, so no need to repeat here.  (That, and I'm pushing my quota for showing off the Shock #6 for a while, I think...)

So here's the other one I have:  The Don & Maggie Thompson copy of Panic #6, with the certificate.  Like the Shock #6, I got this one from @EC ed:

Panic_06.jpg

WorldwideDonMaggieCert.jpg

24 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

If we're breaking out the noted collection books, my Shock #6 is a Gary Arlington book.  But we've already seen both the Shock #6 and the Arlington certificate further up the page, so no need to repeat here.  (That, and I'm pushing my quota for showing off the Shock #6 for a while, I think...)

So here's the other one I have:  The Don & Maggie Thompson copy of Panic #6, with the certificate.  Like the Shock #6, I got this one from @EC ed:

Panic_06.jpg

WorldwideDonMaggieCert.jpg

Nice! and a worthy addition to any fanaddict's collection. Not sure, but I think I have one.

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I love picking up ECs from noted collectors and their creators. Here is one of my favorite MADs from two noted collections.

commad14Garciacbcs1.8b.jpg

Love the notes on this one! Jerry probably roiled a nice doobie with page 9! :headbang:

On 8/8/2020 at 4:26 PM, fifties said:

A very interesting perspective.  Of course you recognize that the fodder for their topical humor was reflected from a society that existed 65 years ago, and many aspects of culture were different.  A person born after that period couldn't possibly understand the basis for some of the humor unless they were well versed in the events of the period.

If EC humor is not your thing, why waste money on those titles?  Perhaps better spent on one Vault, Tales, Crime, or Shock, rather than half a dozen Mad or Panic issues.

You do bring up a great point about the money and that they are 65 years old. But I still feel like since I collect EC as my focus I should get them when they are cheap, which Ive had luck with. I do buy the other titles and think they are all great! Ive gotten a few TFTC and 1 more on the way. Ill share when I get it.

And thanks for your response!