• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Raze said:

Wow! so many great books @EC ed !! Also I like that Saddle justice @Robot Man !!

I found this on Sunday at a LCS in a back room in a box of $5-$20 BA-MA filled with a bunch of nothing and half way through the box there it sits!!

Crime Patrol 13

It fits my EC collection, Cheap, Low grade and complete! The tear goes through the whole book and missing pieces on the side but everything else is good. This is only my 2nd Crime Patrol and Im glad to have it.

Scan 2020-8-11 21.41.06.jpg

Nice one!  I've got to track down a few more Pre-Trend books; I need a few examples from that era that aren't "Picture Stories from..."

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks to a fantastic boardie, I just received this nice upgrade. (and a pedigree to boot!)

D271C3D7-6925-4CE7-A3DA-F25D005E20EA.jpeg

F30AF280-3ACE-4009-96EE-1203722613CA.jpeg

VERY nice... even if I think that's a candidate for the worst cover EC ever did.  The joke, to the extent I can even figure it out, falls utterly flat. 

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

And for a VERY nominal fee these two came along for the ride. Whack #1 is the very first MAD imitator. 

6F338B66-8E73-4D36-9490-2779BE8C58E8.jpeg

Fun interior from Kubert and Maurer in this one.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Maybe, but I put Panic #6 and MAD #13 right above it. A shame that Feldstein didn’t do more covers for Panic. I think he was way too busy.

I actually considered those two issues when I said that.  At least on the Panic #6 and Mad #13, I get the joke they were trying for.  The Panic #6, in particular, would work better if Mad #23 hadn't done the roughly the joke, only vastly better and more subtly.  Panic 6-8 are all just horribly dull covers.