• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Very cool! Were you looking specifically for a Canada copy? A year or so ago I found a Canada #5. I already had a nice US copy but was just compelled to buy a Canada copy. One of my favorite EC MAD covers. 

I wasn't looking for a copy but came across one. I have a few copies of #1 (US edition) but this was too good to pass up. I was able to pick up a 5 also. I'm still looking for a NM #5 if there is one out there not priced multiples of GPA sales. 

20201021_204701.jpg

Has anybody noticed a general lack of ECs in the marketplace in the past year or so? I am specifically looking for about 5 each VOH and TFTC and 4 CS. These aren’t tough or really in demand issues. I am mostly looking for solid mid grade copies in the 5-7 grade range. 

I went online to most of the major websites and found them to be real sparse. The few I saw were very high or very low grade and pricey. Rarely see any here on the boards. Best bet is the bay but spotty there and most I have bought there in the past year or so have had to be returned.

I miss the days when they were as common as SA Marvels...

59 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Has anybody noticed a general lack of ECs in the marketplace in the past year or so? I am specifically looking for about 5 each VOH and TFTC and 4 CS. These aren’t tough or really in demand issues. I am mostly looking for solid mid grade copies in the 5-7 grade range. 

I went online to most of the major websites and found them to be real sparse. The few I saw were very high or very low grade and pricey. Rarely see any here on the boards. Best bet is the bay but spotty there and most I have bought there in the past year or so have had to be returned.

I miss the days when they were as common as SA Marvels...

I think EC's tend to be a bit cyclic and we're at the scarcity stage of the cycle.  I was happily surprised how quickly I put together half the run when I started working on Shock Suspenstories; they've dried up quite a bit since then.  But they'll come back; just a bit more expensive than last round (but cheaper than the dream prices some people have on them at the moment.)

2 hours ago, fifties said:

Came in today.  Cross posting from the recent pre-code purchases forum.

Vault of Horror 19.jpg

This book always eludes me...Id really like a copy. I also like VOH 18 & 21. I think these are the best Zombies covers from EC...or am I missing some?

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Yes it is I own a copy (its low grade if you were wondering! Haha) I guess they are Zombies. I kind of thought that they were ghouls but they look like zombies so who cares.

I guess it all depends on how one defines Zombies.  I think they are just EC's usual walking dead.  Here's my copy;

Haunt of Fear 17.jpg