• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Maybe this is a problem with my computer settings, but I'm only seeing a few photos in the comments.  Most are just the jpg numbers and letters.  Same for most sig lines.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, previously uploaded images are not currently accessible in any of the forums. 

Edited by EyelessZombie

Getting back on the subject of remaindered books:

During the seventies in Philly, my Oxford Circle neighborhood had at least five candy stores selling remaindered books, 3 in a package for 25 cents, either with the title cut off or coverless. There was a big store on Roosevelt Boulevard called Normandy mart, kind of a gigantic flea market. They had hundreds of comics, most with the title cut, though I found a few with covers (Brave and the Bold 100 was one I remember).

Comic books that weren't remaindered were scarce. Two stores in walking distance had regularly distributed books, both ice cream shops. 7-11 also had them. On the other hand, my grandparents lived in Elkins Park and every drugstore, and book shop in that area had spinner racks with the latest books. So I did a lot of comic shopping in Elkins. I think magazine distribution in Philly was run by the mob.

Well, if the old pics aren't visible, time to start reposting, then!

Not that any of us really need an excuse that much! :kidaround:

Just going to go alphabetically, a few issues a day.  If others start reposting as well (and I HIGHLY encourage it), pick some other order so we have a nice variety:

Aces_High_4.jpg

Aces_High_1.jpg

Aces_High_2.jpg

Aces_High_3.jpg

Aces_High_4.jpg

Aces_High_5.jpg

Edited by OtherEric
Replacing pictures

5 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

C2D88445-C088-4BCF-9B60-3C986A11B8FC.jpeg

That cover shows just how great Kurtzman really was... the quip from the one soldier is very much in the vein of typical war comic dialogue; but the terror on the face of the running soldier and the fear in the eyes of the speaking one, even as he makes the crack, turns this into something completely different.