• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Silver said:

So what's the one EC you would like to find and add to your collection in 2021? I'll start, would love to find a nice copy of WF 20. 

I'd like to find a nice VF'ish copy of Vault of Horror #31 - nothing particularly special about that issue, but for some reason nice copies have eluded me...

8 hours ago, EC ed said:

I'd like to find a nice VF'ish copy of Vault of Horror #31 - nothing particularly special about that issue, but for some reason nice copies have eluded me...

That is still one that has eluded me in any grade. Just haven’t the right copy for the right price. I don’t see it that often. 

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I have recently begun collecting the EC Archives (which are wonderful, by the way). My copy of the Weird Science 3 archive doesn’t include the insert of the cover of WS 18. Does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to get the insert? The guy I bought the WS 3 archive from never had it. Thanks.

And now we get to the heart of the PANIC run, I really think a lot of Panic's reputation comes from the covers of issues 5-11.  Jokes that fall flat, jokes that haven't aged well, 'jokes' that nobody has figured out in 65+ years since they were published, designs that make it impossible to remember which issue is which...

With all that said, I do love the Comicfidential cover.

Panic_06.jpg

Panic_07.jpg

Panic_08.jpg

Panic_09.jpg

Panic_10.jpg

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And now we get to the heart of the PANIC run, I really think a lot of Panic's reputation comes from the covers of issues 5-11.  Jokes that fall flat, jokes that haven't aged well, 'jokes' that nobody has figured out in 65+ years since they were published, designs that make it impossible to remember which issue is which...

With all that said, I do love the Comicfidential cover.

Panic_06.jpg

I get the jokes on every Panic cover...especially this one.  Mad did the same type of stuff with the later comic issues.  They were making fun of the persecution of comics by disguising the covers to look like something else.  Which jokes don't you get?  I'll explain them to you...I'm older...lol

This is my favorite Mad disguise cover...

15986175064_49be196e4a_c.jpg

47 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I get the jokes on every Panic cover...especially this one.  Mad did the same type of stuff with the later comic issues.  They were making fun of the persecution of comics by disguising the covers to look like something else.  Which jokes don't you get?  I'll explain them to you...I'm older...lol

This is my favorite Mad disguise cover...

15986175064_49be196e4a_c.jpg

The one I don't get is #7... patching torn tigers. 

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

The one I don't get is #7... patching torn tigers. 

It's designed to look like a tiger's fur...so you can "patch" a tiger with it.  It's just a st*pid, funny idea...tiger's really don't get torn and you can't patch them...:whatthe:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

4 hours ago, Silver said:

I didn't realize Panic had a couple of code approved issues. Was the content noticeably different?

Not terribly so.  After the first issue got banned in Boston I think the title in general played it a little safer than most of the EC's.