• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2021 at 3:11 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

It's designed to look like a tiger's fur...so you can "patch" a tiger with it.  It's just a st*pid, funny idea...tiger's really don't get torn and you can't patch them...:whatthe:

Could you "patch" a paper tiger? Or Im I (42 years old) still missing this one?

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

That is a beautiful copy of a beautiful book.

Most of my EC's are from the last 2-3 years at most, and right now I've got almost exactly half of the new trend and new direction books.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish Shock Suspenstories this year; after that the big project is Weird Science and Weird Fantasy. 

EC remains better than 99% of all the comics ever published.  I don't know that they could have done that much more in their old format by the time they were forced out; honestly... they took what they did about as far as possible, I suspect.  But there has never been a publisher-wide level of quality that was even remotely like what EC managed for about five years.

Pretty good work for 2-3 years.  Just shows what you can accomplish when you really want to.  (thumbsu

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I always felt like Shock 11 was a reworked issue of Crime Suspense. The cover, the lead story.feel out of place in the Shock run.

Well, starting with Shock #12 the last few issues of the title are much closer to Crime Suspenstories than a sampler, although there are still a couple horror stories and the Shock stories mixed in.  But the SF is gone after #11, so the cover shift may be related to that.

41 minutes ago, fifties said:

I've always felt that Shock 14 was not only the best read of the series, but qualified as being in the top tier of the entire EC line.  Here's mine.

Shock SS 14.jpg

Interesting. Any other suggestions for individual issues that are the best of the best? Books with not just a cool cover, but great stories or some other factor that makes them stand out?