• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Huh, I thought when I first posted the book you said you were the person bidding against me for the copy...

#20 was the book I was referring to because of the cutout...I was trying to be funny.

I probably did bid on it. I feel like a "shill" bidder for the last 2 months. I put 1 bid on most ECs listed for auction on ebay and I have won 2 since November. I know Ive lost to @Robot Man Everything is finishing high, but last night I was not paying attention and didnt up my bid for a VOH 14. I thought I bid $100 but I guess I didn't...

13 minutes ago, Raze said:

#20 was the book I was referring to because of the cutout...I was trying to be funny.

I probably did bid on it. I feel like a "shill" bidder for the last 2 months. I put 1 bid on most ECs listed for auction on ebay and I have won 2 since November. I know Ive lost to @Robot Man Everything is finishing high, but last night I was not paying attention and didnt up my bid for a VOH 14. I thought I bid $100 but I guess I didn't...

I have $76.12 left in my PayPal, all of which was thrown at that Vault 14. I may have been first loser on it.

2 hours ago, Raze said:

:frustrated: also I dont get this...what am I missing? 

You said you were all over ECs on eBay, and there are currently several groups of ECs offered there. They are being called the “Fort Ord” collection, and are all brittle! They’re so cheap, I’m wondering if I could live with them.

Telling you and OtherEric about them lessens my chances considerably.

11 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

You said you were all over ECs on eBay, and there are currently several groups of ECs offered there. They are being called the “Fort Ord” collection, and are all brittle! They’re so cheap, I’m wondering if I could live with them.

Telling you and OtherEric about them lessens my chances considerably.

Ohhhh yeah winning ISF lot and just got outbid on the Mad 9 book lot

@Robot Man, I thought of you when I was going thru my exciting, new, Tales From the Crypt 20. A letter writer claims to own earlier TFTC issues (9, 12, 16, etc.) and is not corrected by the editors. 
No wonder you kids went crazy trying to find them.

Edited by KirbyJack

6 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

@Robot Man, I thought of you when I was going thru my exciting, new, Tales From the Crypt 20. A letter writer claims to own earlier TFTC issues (9, 12, 16, etc.) and is not corrected by the editors. 
No wonder you kids went crazy trying to find them.

Yeah, it just never made any sense at the time. And it wasn’t like ECs were all over the place. They were always heavily collected and prized. No one except from the most hard core older collectors knew why. 

And congrats on the #20. Great book!

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yep. From the first time I saw it on this. Didn’t know the issue number until I ran into one at Cherokee Books. I liked it so much I ponyed up 5 bucks for one. 

I also really like 24. It almost looks like the corpse is getting his revenge for having his Crypt disturbed. 

C881B713-7828-4E0F-BCB5-76ADF7BD31BF.jpeg

TFTC 23 and 24 are not only the most iconic EC covers, but I’d put them in the top 10 of all PCH covers. If I have to pick a favorite, though, I would give a slight edge to 24. At least the guy on 23 has a (slim) chance of surviving!

On 1/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, Raze said:

I think auctions would be a lot more fun if everyone would just wait until the last 15 seconds to place their bids...instead of driving the bids up with 6 days to go on the auction.  I've never understood that strategy...:pullhair: