• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,321 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Mailman just brought me a new EC! Been a while since I read it. The “Dog Food” story by Crandall is a real standout. 

Down to 3 to be done with this run again. Figure I will probably do it this year. 

A4855351-2EA9-4269-BFBB-0A6633C08D72.jpeg

Yeah, "Dogfood" was a horror tale alright. Coulda been in either Vault or TFTC.

I loved "Key Chain", illustrated by Krigstein. His style was perfect for the story.

Hi guys!

So I was looking at buying a tales from the crypt book and couldnt find what the insides looked liked.

Does anyone have one of these and  could I see some interiors? Or any other info?

For the record I just bought it since it was $5 and has a awesome Jack Davis cover!

1A1E74B4-C9EC-47AE-BD71-33FF007A0717.jpeg

Edited by Raze

Ok so here is what the insides of that TFTC book looks like. Its just the story told in written form with a few panels. 

Also I thought I was getting an upgradeon this Panic 7 but it had an undisclosed detached cover... this is 2 ECs in a row! If you need a filler copy let me know..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

97A6DA7F-9FE6-46AB-963F-7BC4F9A16451.jpeg

1 minute ago, Raze said:

Ok so here is what the insides of that TFTC book looks like. Its just the story told in written form with a few panels. 

Also I thought I was getting an upgradeon this Panic 7 but it had an undisclosed detached cover... this is 2 ECs in a row! If you need a filler copy let me know..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

97A6DA7F-9FE6-46AB-963F-7BC4F9A16451.jpeg

I wish I could react to a post twice; a "Like" for showing us the inside of the TFTC book and a "Sad" for the detached cover Panic.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, Raze said:

Hi guys!

So I was looking at buying a tales from the crypt book and couldnt find what the insides looked liked.

Does anyone have one of these and  could I see some interiors? Or any other info?

For the record I just bought it since it was $5 and has a awesome Jack Davis cover!

1A1E74B4-C9EC-47AE-BD71-33FF007A0717.jpeg

Reminds me of the “Meat Tooth” ad!

7E36B09B-FFBF-404F-B05A-59E1246387E6.jpeg

5 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I wish I could react to a post twice; a "Like" for showing us the inside of the TFTC book and a "Sad" for the detached cover Panic.

I cant find out how many of the TFTC books there are...Ive seen 6 and a few others that dont have a # but look like the same thing. They are from "Bullseye Books".

I was so excited to get this today as I’ve been wanting a copy for a while now. When I opened it up and was counting the pages I noticed that it was missing half a page and a full page!

this is the third book in a row that I have bought on eBay that has been missed stated or the seller was unaware of the defects. Contacted the seller who does not except returns but I am hoping that he will.

You guys can all find it on eBay but nowhere in the description or the item title does it say it is incomplete at all. Hopefully he takes it back with no problems...

A4BE435F-A91E-4A03-90A8-153E21542DEE.jpeg

5703B3D0-9719-4B8B-BE54-96155074909E.jpeg

1BABBD51-8AFD-4EBA-8405-1D10469EB0DD.jpeg

770BD482-1A2A-41AA-9138-F996DB0F9122.jpeg

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

Great book, but really sucks about the missing pages. 
If they refuse to accept the return (or give a whopping huge partial refund), please out them here. I want to avoid them.

Something like that happened to my father once on a convention,saw first rhino openned it an one page was quite like that,so my father informed the seller,to reajust the price or at least tag it at it should be.the seller smiled said good bye to my father,15 min later that same book was on the wall like nothing hapenned 1 million comix was the seller

16 minutes ago, Raze said:

I was so excited to get this today as I’ve been wanting a copy for a while now. When I opened it up and was counting the pages I noticed that it was missing half a page and a full page!

this is the third book in a row that I have bought on eBay that has been missed stated or the seller was unaware of the defects. Contacted the seller who does not except returns but I am hoping that he will.

You guys can all find it on eBay but nowhere in the description or the item title does it say it is incomplete at all. Hopefully he takes it back with no problems...

A4BE435F-A91E-4A03-90A8-153E21542DEE.jpeg

5703B3D0-9719-4B8B-BE54-96155074909E.jpeg

1BABBD51-8AFD-4EBA-8405-1D10469EB0DD.jpeg

770BD482-1A2A-41AA-9138-F996DB0F9122.jpeg

What a pizzer! Not even readable. Yeah, I have the same problem on eBay in the past year or so. Interior problems or incomplete with no notation of such. I would say one in three books are having to go back because of this. Hard to “grade by the picture” when the interior isn’t pictured. 

I just DO NOT BID on auctions from 1) obviously not comic people, 2) “no returns”, 3) “I am not a professional grader, look at the pictures” or people with anything but 100% pos feedback. I don’t care how appealing the book is or how bad I want it. No gambling for me, I seem to suck at it. 

By the way, if you pay with PayPal, “no returns” means nothing. All you have to do is file as not as described. It doesn’t hurt to attach a couple pictures  to your request.

Want a partial? Up to you but I would send it back...

15 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Something like that happened to my father once on a convention,saw first rhino openned it an one page was quite like that,so my father informed the seller,to reajust the price or at least tag it at it should be.the seller smiled said good bye to my father,15 min later that same book was on the wall like nothing hapenned 1 million comix was the seller

They have always been crooks. I just walk past booths like that..,

Oh, if you file on him, HE pays the return postage. All you are out is your time and aggravation repacking it and going to the post office. 

I finally bought my first book on Instagram. Guess what? Centerfold out and not noted.

First purchase on Etsy, got canceled by the seller. I think he did some research after I bought it and realized he shouldn’t have priced it at Guide...

Buying books has gotton real hard for me. My best source is right here on the boards. Luckily, I can see a little light in the near future for shows.